Vale of Leithen 2021/22

MDM

32 minutes ago, Robert James said:

0-13 tonight. Will VOL be able to complete the season, or will they fold ?

Last season when they had the get out of jail free card of sitting out the season, they never went that route. For better or worse I don't see them being in danger of folding. No different than how the likes of Fort William have plodded along despite the scare stories.

Hopefully the Vale just manage to survive and find a level they can compete in. See so many sides down south, out of their depth, some clubs die then reform, think relegation is a relief. All depends on the pool of players available. 13 is a hard one to swallow, unless they can bring in experience or something asap.

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

The problem for them is it won't get any easier next season, in many ways the EoS Premier could be an even worse experience.

There is no reason for them to fold, but they should find their level. In the lower reaches of the EOS playing against Coldstream/Tweedmouth etc. they'd probably be able to settle. The problem is if they just slide down the leagues and have another horrid season next season as you rightfully say can be expected, it could completely demotivate them.

They'd probably be best off asking the EOS to put them in Division 2 next season or so, but I doubt they will do that.

I knew I might be wrong above. Scroll down the link to Division one Central and the league record of Woodford United.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Southern_Football_League

Eta, Vale might still beat that record in fewer games.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

59 minutes ago, Marten said:

They'd probably be best off asking the EOS to put them in Division 2 next season or so, but I doubt they will do that.

They're a club that's used to battling relegation when there's a division below them. A bit like Whitehill Welfare i'm sure they'll appreciate the chance to stop the rot. As some of their problems have been self-inflicted.

Most teams that I've seen, who are cast adrift, usually have local youngsters who clearly aren't up to the level. Unless you find £ to throw around, which doesn't last forever, swallow your pride and go down. Can't see the joy of perennial strugglers getting beaten by 10+ scorelines. Will try to see the Vale this season.Good luck in the games ahead.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

There is a fantastic investment opportunity that pays far better than any investment or bank.

It is 100% safe to back whoever VOL are playing at McBookie.

Knowing my record with bets, the one time I bet against them they pull off some amazing shock and get a draw or win... 😂

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

There is a fantastic investment opportunity that pays far better than any investment or bank.

It is 100% safe to back whoever VOL are playing at McBookie.

Bonnyrigg were 1/50 last night! (I still included them in my Scottish Non-league Acca though)

To clarify the situation with the Vale, there is no chance of them folding.

Club is in a fairly healthy situation with the new lights and the pitch treated to try and eliminate the drainage problems.

Plus, good local sponsors. 

Everyone knows that the last few seasons have been hard and mistakes have been made, both on and off the park, but the committee and manager have been working hard recently behind the scenes to try and resolve the situation. 

The first stage in the recovery will be advertising the position of a first team coach to take charge of the team, any person with the relevant coaching badges can apply by contacting the Chairman, Stuart Robertson.

The aim of the club is to start competing again in the LL for the rest of the season and hopefully getting a bit of respect back.

Hopefully this explains where the club are at present, and also reassures PB members who have a soft spot for the Vale that we will still be about in future.