Vale of Leithen 2021/22

MDM

20 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

You might need to enlighten and give a clue as to what you're getting at here ? 

I'd love to, but it seems Ando and / or his brother are watching this thread and complain to the site admins if I put the detail on.  I did try, but it was deleted 😞

A POSITIVE display from Rangers B team saw them beat Vale of Leithen 9-0 in the Lowland League this afternoon.

A Ross McCausland hat-trick and a strike from Arron Lyall had Rangers four goals ahead at the break before Lyall, Tony Weston, a Juan Alegria double and Lewis McKinnon added to that in the second-half.

David McCallum named three changes to his side from last weekend’s 3-0 victory over Edinburgh University with Kyle McClelland, Mackenzie Strachan and Tony Weston all coming into the starting XI.

New signing Juan Alegria was named on the bench this afternoon after joining the club in midweek from FC Honka.

Inside the first 10 minutes, the young Gers had a great opportunity to open the scoring. Charlie McCann fed the ball out to the right to find Ross McCausland and the Northern Ireland international cut inside before drilling a left-footed effort at goal but it was well saved by Ross Gilpin.

It was McCausland that got the breakthrough with just 14 minutes on the clock. A cross from Robbie Fraser met McCausland in the box and he fired home his first goal of the Lowland League season.

Just three minutes later Rangers doubled their advantage as Tony Weston’s cross was touched down by Arron Lyall into the path of McCausland who beat the goalkeeper from close range for his second of the afternoon.

McCausland was causing problems for Vale of Leithen and was denied a hat-trick in the 22nd minute as Gilpin stood strong to block the 18-year-old’s shot.

The visitors had their first chance of the match from a corner as the ball fell for Andy Martin on the edge of the box but his shot was wide, before Charlie McCann saw a shot flash inches wide at the other end.

With 10 minutes until the break, Rangers made it 3-0 with a well-worked goal. Charlie McCann played in Arron Lyall on the edge of the box and he took a touch to create space for himself before driving the ball into the bottom corner of the net.

McCausland got his hat-trick in the final stages of the first-half as Robbie Fraser picked him out in the box with a good delivery which he headed in off the post.

Into the second-half, Tony Weston scored in the 56th minute as he hit a powerful right-footed shot beyond Ross Gilpin after being picked out in the box by Jack Harkness.

Mackenzie Strachan and Arron Lyall both saw shots saved by Ross Gilpin shortly after.

Lyall did get his second of the afternoon in the 63rd minute with a fantastic finish from the edge of the box as he curled a shot into the back of the net.

On his Rangers debut, Juan Alegria saw an effort go just wide of the post before Murray Miller had a goal disallowed for offside.

In the 82nd minute, that debut goal did come for Alegria. A ball forward by Greig Allen was touched on by Ross McCausland to the Colombian who made no mistake in drilling home a powerful shot.

Just a minute later Lewis McKinnon got in on the scoring as he diverted an Arron Lyall corner goal bound.

Alegria made it a double on his debut in the final stages of the game as he drove towards goal before slotting a low shot beyond Gilpin.

RANGERS: Cervantes, Harkness, Fraser, McClelland (Allen, 53), MacKinnon, Strachan, Lyall, Miller, Weston (Alegria, 60), McCann (Dunlop, 53), McCausland.

Subs: Budinauckas, Ewen, McKinnon, Lowry

Vale of Leithen: Gilpin, McParland, Martin, Crolla, Munro, Afedzie-Hayford, Sykes, Aitken, Melvin, Stewart, Kerr.

Subs: Meechan, Rossi

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I took Pumpherston who are brutal at 9/4 yesterday.
4 leagues below and struggling.
Easy money.
This must be the worst result ever for a lowland league team ?
When is the lowland league self preservation department stepping in ?

We need to get the Egyptians in they can build pyramids. Scottish Football is taking too long to move forward.
Clubs like Vale of Leithen will find their level only if the petty and the slow moving administrations in our game get their act together.

49 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Easy money.
This must be the worst result ever for a lowland league team ?

I was at the game. It wasn’t even Pumpherton’s full first team that was playing. They had 2 guys who between them could have accounted for about 80 years and 30 odd stone. One of them scored twice. They knew in advance they would get away with it. But for poor finishing from Pumphy it should have been 7 or 8. If Brechin have anything at all about them they should be looking to score double figures in the Scottish Cup game next week. I am actually surprised that the Celtic and Rangers B teams only managed 9 or 10 goals against them. 

I felt sorry for the bunch of kids playing for VoL ….I don’t think they had a player over the age of about 21/ 22. I think they only had 2 substitutes. Some of the players should simply not be on the pitch at that level.

In a ‘crowd’ of about 45 I am not sure what representation there was from the VoL committee……my guess is very little, if any at all.

It shows how badly Scottish club football has been led for years. The old ‘Senior/ junior’ issue should have been addressed a long time ago but endless suits at the SFA and SPL / SPFL did nothing about it. Hopefully the recent changes see things improve dramatically. There should be no shenanigans allowed from the ‘traditional’ League 2/ Lowland clubs. What was on evidence yesterday was a very amateur set up that would actually have shamed some clubs at that level.

Edited by Drewmc

Too many LL clubs fear being relegated is the simple answer.

There are several LL clubs who know that once Vale of Leithen and Edinburgh University go down there would be several clubs fighting it out at the bottom of the table.

There shouldn't be fear of dropping down a tier. A set up that allows teams to find their level and play there within a few seasons is better for everyone. There should be a minimum of two clubs being promoted into the LL each season.

Time the LL clubs put on their big boy pants.

9 hours ago, superbigal said:

Easy money.

Who is in the LL self preservation department?

The LL have been very quiet since the colts shambles.

Has there been any correspondence from clubs regarding the current LL committee recently as to wtf is actually going on?

By the way 9/4 was a shite price considering the 4 leagues difference. 

19 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Has there been any correspondence from clubs regarding the current LL committee recently as to wtf is actually going on?

Going by their last statement there's meant to be a meeting with the SFA this month.

Since proposals are meant to be going to all clubs you'd have thought there would be some leaks sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

You mean it should've been longer odds due to the difference in the leagues? 

VOL were ranked below Pumpherston in these rankings http://scotscores.theroonba.com/clubrank/clubrank.html - which also indicate that only half a dozen EOS clubs are worse than them. Based on Saturday's result I can't disagree with that, and it seems the Mcbookie got it right as well.

They need to be put out of their misery come May, though about the only thing they'll find easier in the EOS Premier is less travel.

Edited by Ginaro

if that's the case you were surely on a huge double of Vale and the welfare who were also playing some gang.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

if that's the case you were surely on a huge double of Vale and the welfare who were also playing some gang.

Not many ww folk were surprised by Saturday's result. What price were Coldstream like?

2 Saturday's on bounce ww would've been coupon busters.

Getting back on topic and they're no even worth defending on the park but could it be that Vale have been decimated by having to fund the floodlights or did they get the money from elsewhere?

50 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Not many ww folk were surprised by Saturday's result. What price were Coldstream like?

2 Saturday's on bounce ww would've been coupon busters.

Getting back on topic and they're no even worth defending on the park but could it be that Vale have been decimated by having to fund the floodlights or did they get the money from elsewhere?

They've put in some money themselves, but the Borders Council are meant to have awarded £155k to the costs.

https://www.thesouthernreporter.co.uk/sport/football/illuminating-news-vale-leithen-2889631#gsc.tab=0

They had a gofundme up to cover some of their contribution. It was only for a £1,000 and they exceeded that by a couple of hundred.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/vale-of-leithen-fc-floodlights-appeal?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Both articles mention the club putting in £2,000 up to that point. Not sure how much the gofundme and Borders money covered everything else.

• 3 weeks later...