United (Ayr) v United (Dundee)

AUFC 1910

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

When has a fixture against Ayr ever ended badly for Dundee United?

That was a very different Ayr United. 

We won’t play like this (there is more than one attacking player, which is a bit much for a Hopkin) but something like this please. We need pace on the counter, Afolabi and Maxwell can provide this - otherwise we will just be punting it long to Adeloye and giving him an impossible job. Hopefully McAllister can do the job that Houston isn’t capable of, and bring some attacking impetus to the right hand side - if not, Maxwell can play there. 

McAdams 

Muirhead  Fjortoft McGinty

McAllister     Murdoch   New CM     Reading 

Maxwell                       

Afolabi Adeloye 

11 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Thought that Daire O'Connor brought a wee spark to Ayr in their match v Killie on Monday, but note he was taken off at half time yesterday. What are the thoughts of Ayr fans on this lad?

Hard to tell this early, it was played into his feet v Killie which gave him a fighting chance. 

On Saturday our first half was full on we're under siege artillery football, give his statue and sitting a bit deeper off the striker he had very little chance. The very few times he did get the ball to his feet he alteast looked fairly tricky. Given time and under a manager who doesn't just demand long punts my hunch is that he could do pretty well at championship level.

We completely changed shape in the second half going from a 3-5-1-1 punt and run effort to a flat 4 at the back and Muirhead came on as a DM, he immediately started organising or coaching the players around him which lifted them. Was hard to tell who should have been swapped out at half time as very few covered themselves with glory in the first half. 

Given Hopkin will view Dundee United as a far stronger side I suspect we will play like the Killie game rather than trying to have a go. 

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Are Ayr broadcasting this?

Are Ayr TV broadcasts decent quality?

Answers and any links would be appreciated.

We’ve broadcast all our home games so far so I’m assuming so. Unless something has changed now full capacity is back but I don’t think so.

Doesn’t seem to be any details for the game yet though - https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/live-streaming

The picture quality is embarrassingly bad however and the camera angle pish. Commentary is okay.

Just now, eez-eh said:

We’ve broadcast all our home games so far so I’m assuming so. Unless something has changed now full capacity is back but I don’t think so.

Doesn’t seem to be any details for the game yet though - https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/live-streaming

The picture quality is embarrassingly bad however and the camera angle pish. Commentary is okay.

It will make a difference from Tannadice.  Good quality, decent camera angles, pish commentary.  I’ll be buying it if it’s available.

On 08/08/2021 at 17:36, AUFC 1910 said:

Don’t fancy us in any way shape or form in this one.  All we can do is hope that the manager just does a “f**k it” and plays 3 up front.

3-5 to the Arabs.

Will there be much of a tangerine support down on Saturday?

Just out of interest will you be live-posting the Kilmarnock game as you did when we last played in this competition?

On 08/08/2021 at 17:36, AUFC 1910 said:

Don’t fancy us in any way shape or form in this one.  All we can do is hope that the manager just does a “f**k it” and plays 3 up front.

3-5 to the Arabs.

Will there be much of a tangerine support down on Saturday?

Dundee United have purchased around 700 tickets as per 4pm Monday 9th 

Edited by Finlay21

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

How are the home sales looking? Are we trickling towards our usual home gate numbers?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dundee Utd outnumber us. I’m out on Saturday and was going to say to the other half about going before we head out for dinner, but no shelling out 30 quid for the 2 of us to watch that turgid pish. I was quite excited after the Edinburgh and Hamilton matches, but what’s followed has been murder. 

Thought that Daire O'Connor brought a wee spark to Ayr in their match v Killie on Monday, but note he was taken off at half time yesterday. What are the thoughts of Ayr fans on this lad?

Dick Campbell basically had Nicky Low follow him about for the entire first half. I think he’ll do well this season but we need another attacking option or two so that all the attention isn’t on him.

As for the game itself, it’s a bit of a free hit but we still need to avoid taking a heavy loss and at least looks like we want to win the game. Anything other than that and more pressure will be on Hopkin and I don’t know how much longer he will last.