St Rochs 21/22 season

15 hours ago, Geordie Blastie said:

Very Sad !!! R.I.P. Paul Kelly

Sincere condolences to his family, friends and the football club.

Totally agree. First met Paul at Petershill,  when he worked with Willie Paterson. Always had time to speak with me and was very forthcoming about his role at the Partick Thistle Charitable Trust. Last spoke with him early August, and I know the Hospital Staff have been working tirelessly throughout.  My thoughts and prayers at this sad time go to Carroll, Kevin, Caitlin and the entire family. R.I.P. Paul.

Really nice to see all the tributes for PK on Twitter over the weekend, the minutes silences in all WOSFL games and also in the Partick Thistle Women’s SWPL game against Hearts. Brilliant of St Rochs to allow fans, players, friends, family etc. to pay respects at JMP with the game being called off too. Hopefully the Candy do something special in his honour this season

12 hours ago, candycelt said:

Really nice to see all the tributes for PK on Twitter over the weekend, the minutes silences in all WOSFL games and also in the Partick Thistle Women’s SWPL game against Hearts. Brilliant of St Rochs to allow fans, players, friends, family etc. to pay respects at JMP with the game being called off too. Hopefully the Candy do something special in his honour this season

I fully agree with your comments. Have spoken to PTCT and St Roch - the latter have been magnificent IMO. I understand that there have been plans in place since Paul put in an amazing amount of work to enable the Community Trust to take over both Springburn and the former Glasgow Club Petershill by re-naming the Peasy venue after him. 

Decent win today. Nice tribute from Brian Henderson after his goal. Surprised Lanark are bottom of the league, until their big number four went off injured I thought they defended very well and were extremely hard to break down, but then again they really had nothing going forward. Number 10 looked a decent player but was far too isolated to be able to do anything. 

cracking wee ground and lovely pies (for £1.50!). Good attendance too. Big away support and a decent home support

17 hours ago, candycelt said:

Decent win today. Nice tribute from Brian Henderson after his goal. Surprised Lanark are bottom of the league, until their big number four went off injured I thought they defended very well and were extremely hard to break down, but then again they really had nothing going forward. Number 10 looked a decent player but was far too isolated to be able to do anything. 

cracking wee ground and lovely pies (for £1.50!). Good attendance too. Big away support and a decent home support

Lanark is one of my favourite places to watch football. Lovely ground and lovely people. 

On 14/11/2021 at 15:55, Lurcer said:

Lanark is one of my favourite places to watch football. Lovely ground and lovely people. 

Aye it was really nice, there was one boy in the crowd who was a Forth Wanderers fan but was telling everyone he was there because he hated everything about Lanark United so I guess not everyone agrees haha

On 22/11/2021 at 12:06, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Heading to the St. Roch's game this weekend with a pal and have a coupla queries.

What's a decent pub near the ground?
Is there a social club?
Can ye get in with a carry out?

> What's a decent pub near the ground?

Gordons Bar is literally a 2 seconds walk from the ground 

> Is there a social club?

yes

> Can ye get in with a carry out?

yes, can also get good booze and scran for cheap in the ground. The pies are great

£6 for adults, £3 for concessions btw

Edited by candycelt

21 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Cheers for the tips. Proper bin pub before the game and decent price for tins at the ground. St Rochs were unlucky not to get a second after their equaliser after a poor first half but St Ants were deserved winners

Hope you enjoyed the day mate! Pish from the Candy today mind you, worst performance in the league this season

Candy were pish today. The Ants deserved winners. Never threatened at all until the equaliser and with the quick penalty to get back in front for the Ants you're then having to make up for lost time and chasing the game. Poor decision from big Starky for the third goal but you can understand the desperation. Those two boys in the middle for the Ants were good especially him who got the third goal (and the penalty). No got a clue wae names. 

Decent crowd. About 400ish freezing their baws aff watching that. Maybe 30/40 from the Ants.

Edited by Benidorm

On 27/11/2021 at 17:58, Benidorm said:

Candy were pish today. The Ants deserved winners. Never threatened at all until the equaliser and with the quick penalty to get back in front for the Ants you're then having to make up for lost time and chasing the game. Poor decision from big Starky for the third goal but you can understand the desperation. Those two boys in the middle for the Ants were good especially him who got the third goal (and the penalty). No got a clue wae names. 

Decent crowd. About 400ish freezing their baws aff watching that. Maybe 30/40 from the Ants.

Evariste Bembo was the boy you’re on about. He was quality tbf, their lot were singing Eva’s on fire in the changing room after the game.

candy were seriously pish. missed Henderson and Russell a lot but thats no excuse. Worst performance since Candy 0-7 Camby Rangers in pre-season