St Rochs 21/22 season

Not posted on here in a while so thought I’d give my thoughts on Saturday’s game! Expected a tough match as the candy are still without manager PK due to covid and also Wishaw have had a pretty decent start to the season, but the candy blew them away! On easy street with a 5-1 win, and to be honest I think it should have been 6 (Henderson got a goal disallowed for what looked to me to be a cut-back across goal). Was wondering if there was any Wishaw fans on here that could tell me if they had a few covid absences etc? They looked extremely shaky at the back. As soon as Henderson came on all the Roch really had to do was play a ball down the channel and the Wishaw defence was fucked. Really struggled when the Roch started to get in behind them in the second half and then once they went 3-1 down defide to just sit in and try and soak up the pressure. Henderson on a second half hat-trick off the bench and was totally robbed of MOTM somehow!

all in all a great win for the candy. Decent crowd too. Not seen an exact number but the shed etc. was pretty busy. 

Interim management team for next four games: Kevin Kelly (assistant manager), Andy Cameron (U-20 manager) and John Sweeney.  Former Vale of Clyde manager Mark Mackay to take the U20s on an interim basis. Manager Paul Kelly still recovering from covid

• 2 weeks later...

Good day, shite pie

Not the best performance against a 10 man Wishaw but a win in the end. Stone cold pie however, worst in the league! Could’ve scored more in the first half but good win and onto the next. Wishaw done alright for having 10 men, they were much better than thwy were in the return game (5-1 candy win)

Edited by candycelt

Good win today. Should’ve had at least one more penalty but take the win in the end. Poor first half in the pissing rain but the Candy brightened up with the sun in the second half. Nice to hear some chants for PK before the game and celebrations after it were great. MTC 🍭 

My holiday begins at the James McCrory : decent game in the conditions, the Roch's GK made a couple of good saves in the first half - as Ardrossan looked a threat on the break, both sides struggled to keep the ball at times. Better 2nd half from the Roch's, more of a threat going forward to deservedly draw level. Fair penalty well finished to win, enjoyed the game - thankful for the cover too ! A good non league crowd, didn't see any problems. Good start to my week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...