2 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Paton & Donaldson hooked, Burroughs and Clarke on.

Neither can have complaints but they were not the worst on display.

Quick anyone got a book of excuses for this one …. Maybe we should have stuck with the Covid-19 route at least each defeat is only 3-0.

I am personally going with not enough time to integrate new signings into system.

How many signings next week? , may I respectfully suggest signing a left full back oh the heady days of Hugh Robertson, Evangelos  Oikonomou or even Ricky Foster and I know it’s old ground but seriously Randall kept over Naismith baffling.

Holy shit.

A decent first 20, then collapsed for the rest of the first half, then looked okay when Hibs clearly couldn't be arsed. A dodged bullet, if Hibs wanted it a cricket score was there,

Hibs a class above and a team that we won’t be competing with come the end of the season. In my personal opinion, not the end of the world as were 2 games in but we look worryingly lacklustre up top. Unfortunately still stuck with a lot of the shite from last season hence the same characteristics creeping in, and realistically we could have Owen Coyle or Pep Guardiola as the manager and that group of players would still concede shite goals - second goal for example is criminally bad. No need to push the panic button yet but certainly a lot of room for improvement.

From a Hibs perspective, certainty took the foot off the gas in the second half. Magennis was different class and I thought Doyle-Hayes and Doig had very good games as well. Criminal matching Iacovitti up with Boyle but I’m not paid to make those decisions. Certainly think it could be an interesting battle up that top end of the table this season.

17 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Hibs a class above and a team that we won’t be competing with come the end of the season. In my personal opinion, not the end of the world as were 2 games in but we look worryingly lacklustre up top. Unfortunately still stuck with a lot of the shite from last season hence the same characteristics creeping in, and realistically we could have Owen Coyle or Pep Guardiola as the manager and that group of players would still concede shite goals - second goal for example is criminally bad. No need to push the panic button yet but certainly a lot of room for improvement.

From a Hibs perspective, certainty took the foot off the gas in the second half. Magennis was different class and I thought Doyle-Hayes and Doig had very good games as well. Criminal matching Iacovitti up with Boyle but I’m not paid to make those decisions. Certainly think it could be an interesting battle up that top end of the table this season.

When do we push the panic button?

8 minutes ago, grantmacp said:

When do we push the panic button?

There is no panic button, you only need one if something unexpected is happening. We’ve survived by the skin of our teeth, mainly due to luck, for the last couple of seasons. Out of those we let go only Naismith would have helped the current squad. No matter what manager was here we would face the same struggle to bring in enough quality to make us safe. That’s not a defence of some of Mackays signings, just what I see as a realistic assessment of our position. We might stay above Dundee, although I find it unlikely, but even if we got eleventh we would likely lose the play offs. 

I think McGregor knows that and has planned for a three year project and why I think Mackay will stay.