FA Cup 2021/2022

Eednud

18 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Finished 2-2, replay on Tuesday night. According to the commentator that'll be the first night time competitive football game in Jersey. If I picked him up right, that is.

That’s how heard it as well.

On 18/09/2021 at 14:26, The Naitch said:

Finished 2-2, replay on Tuesday night. According to the commentator that'll be the first night time competitive football game in Jersey. If I picked him up right, that is.

Wasn't to be. Sutton Common Rovers have refused to travel so the replay is on their patch.

https://www.suttoncommonrovers.com/rovers-to-host-fa-cup-replay/

Third Qualifying Round with all 41 ties scheduled for tomorrow. No new entrants in this round with six tier 9 sides, including Jersey Bulls at home to Chertsey Town (8). Hanley Town the other tier 9 side with a home tie v Brackley Town (6). This game will be the BBC streamed game. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58676167

Interesting article about an old Aylesbury United game https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58643060 Ideal preparation for their opponents who finished bottom of their group with P 3 W 0 D 0 L 3 F 2 : A 7 Pts 0. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58643057

ETA: Jersey Bulls v Chertsey Town is Sunday 3pm.

Edited by Eednud

• 2 weeks later...

Fourth (and last) Qualifying Round this weekend with 32 ties. Twenty three tier 5 sides enter at this stage. None of the tier 9 sides made it through but eight tier 8 sides still in it with four having home ties, Marine v Wrexham (5), Marske United v Gateshead (6), Pontefract Collieries v FC Halifax Town (5), a Yorkshire derby that might not be a piece of cake for the visitors, Bedfont Sports v Kidderminster Harriers (6) and AFC Sudbury v Dartford (6)

BBC will stream Bromsgrove Sporting (7) v Grimsby Town (5). https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58841214

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58869125

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58787880

Me and a group of pals are planning a weekend in London to coincide with the FA Cup first round. Hoping to get at least a couple of games in.

Of the non-league teams that have made it, any recommendations of good ones in/near London to visit (or avoid) if the draw allows?

Edited by Adamski

2 hours ago, Adamski said:

Me and a group of pals are planning a weekend in London to coincide with the FA Cup first round. Hoping to get at least a couple of games in.

Of the non-league teams that have made it, any recommendations of good ones in/near London to visit (or avoid) if the draw allows?

My now local side Horsham went through today after beating Woking. About an hour from Victoria on the train. Nice little town, good few boozers. Few potential "derbies" in the draw as well.

FA Cup First Round Draw

Bradford City vs Exeter City

Sunderland vs Mansfield Town

Dorking Wanderers or Hayes & Yeading vs Sutton United

Sheffield Wednesday vs Plymouth Argyle

Dagenham and Redbridge vs Salford City

Carlisle United vs Horsham

Dover Athletic or Yate Town vs Yeovil Town or Weymouth

Scunthorpe United vs Doncaster Rovers

Rotherham United vs Bromley

Portsmouth vs Harrow Borough

Gillingham vs Cheltenham Town

Morecambe vs Newport County

Banbury United vs Barrow

Fleetwood Town vs Burton Albion

AFC Sudbury vs Colchester United

Northampton Town vs Cambridge United

Corinthian Casuals or St Albans City vs Forest Green Rovers

Boston United or Stratford Town vs Shrewsbury Town

Pontefract Collieries or Halifax Town vs Maidenhead United

Chesterfield vs Southend United

Rochdale vs Tamworth or Notts County

Kidderminster Harriers vs Grimsby Town

Wigan Athletic vs Solihull Moors

Boreham Wood vs Eastleigh or Folkestone Invicta

York City or Morpeth Town vs Kettering Town or Buxton

Ipswich Town vs Oldham Athletic

AFC Wimbledon vs Brackley Town or Guiseley

Harrogate Town vs Marine or Wrexham

Hartlepool United vs Wycombe Wanderers

King's Lynn Town vs Walsall

Crewe Alexandra vs Swindon Town

Bolton Wanderers vs Stockport County

Charlton Athletic vs Torquay United or Havant & Waterlooville

Oxford United vs Bristol Rovers

Crawley Town vs Tranmere Rovers

Leyton Orient vs Ebbsfleet United

MK Dons vs Stevenage

Lincoln City vs Bowers and Pitsea

Port Vale vs Accrington Stanley

Marske United or Gateshead vs Altrincham

22 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

My now local side Horsham went through today after beating Woking. About an hour from Victoria on the train. Nice little town, good few boozers. Few potential "derbies" in the draw as well.

Ach, after that draw it's not to be, unfortunately.

Not a huge amount of eye-catching ties in the London/South East area at first glance - was kind of hoping for a wee non-league team at home to a Portsmouth/Sunderland/Ipswich type club. I'm sure we'll find a game or two in amongst that lot though.

Edited by Adamski

11 hours ago, Adamski said:

Ach, after that draw it's not to be, unfortunately.

Not a huge amount of eye-catching ties in the London/South East area at first glance - was kind of hoping for a wee non-league team at home to a Portsmouth/Sunderland/Ipswich type club. I'm sure we'll find a game or two in amongst that lot though.

If Dorking get through, might be worth going to see them against Sutton. About 30 minutes between the two of them. Under an hour from Waterloo! 

TV shouts anyone?

I'm calling Dagenham & Redbridge v Salford and Corinthians v Forest Green.

Well known non league name vs new money with the Man Utd connection, plus legendary old name vs on form vegans. Both games with narratives for the broadcasters to milk.

TV shouts anyone?
I'm calling Dagenham & Redbridge v Salford and Corinthians v Forest Green.
Well known non league name vs new money with the Man Utd connection, plus legendary old name vs on form vegans. Both games with narratives for the broadcasters to milk.

Corinthians still have to win a replay at St Albans City (tonight) if they are to face Forest Green.

We are in London that weekend. We had hoped that Hampton and Richmond (The Beavers) might get though but sadly they lost on Saturday. Went to a league game there 2 years ago and had an excellent afternoon. Currently considering Corinthians v Forest Green (if Corinthians win their replay tonight), the winner of Hayes and Yeading/Dorking v Sutton or Wimbledon v Brackley Town/Guiseley.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We are in London that weekend. We had hoped that Hampton and Richmond (The Beavers) might get though but sadly they lost on Saturday. Went to a league game there 2 years ago and had an excellent afternoon. Currently considering Corinthians v Forest Green (if Corinthians win their replay tonight), the winner of Hayes and Yeading/Dorking v Sutton or Wimbledon v Brackley Town/Guiseley.

That's pretty close to our shortlist as well. Maybe also Dagenham and Redbridge v Salford.