English Football League 2021/22 Season - Playoffs

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You can put your house on Peterborough being relegated if Jack Marriott is their first choice forward. Total haddie. 

Maybe, they should make Siriki Dembele their first choice forward, he just scored the winner for them.  

Speaking of bad players, how about the entire Derby County defence?  They completely capitulated in added time and both goals were really bad ones to concede.  The winner especially, cross was played in and Derby's number 2 tries to intercept it but trips over the ball, and Dembele is right there to put it home.  Derby have to be relegation favourites

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Maybe, they should make Siriki Dembele their first choice forward, he just scored the winner for them.  

Speaking of bad players, how about the entire Derby County defence?  They completely capitulated in added time and both goals were really bad ones to concede.  The winner especially, cross was played in and Derby's number 2 tries to intercept it but trips over the ball, and Dembele is right there to put it home.  Derby have to be relegation favourites

Yeah. I don't think it's sticking my neck out too much to suggest both of those sides are in for a long season. 

Dembele is expected to leave Peterborough before the transfer window ends apparently. 

23 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah. I don't think it's sticking my neck out too much to suggest both of those sides are in for a long season. 

Dembele is expected to leave Peterborough before the transfer window ends apparently. 

Yeah, Derby County's squad is pretty brutal.  Colin Kazin-Richards, Ravel Morrison, Richard Stearman?  Ooft

Also, their manager is pretty mediocre as a manager

8 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Yeah, Derby County's squad is pretty brutal.  Colin Kazin-Richards, Ravel Morrison, Richard Stearman?  Ooft

Also, their manager is pretty mediocre as a manager

It's no surprise that the squad is brutal. It reflects Derby's transfer restrictions that were set by the EFL. 

Rooney can only sign loanees and free agents on contracts up to a year. Last month, he had only eight or nine senior players.

The latest recruits are therefore ageing journeymen and players that other clubs wouldn't touch with the proverbial barge pole.

It can only end in tears and relegation.

Well, that’s a first for me. Swansea’s opener against Bristol. The Swansea guy has a crack from well outside the box, and beats the keeper all ends up, but smacks the base of the post. The rebound comes back to the player who made the initial shot untouched by anyone, and he smacks it from about 15 yards or so, and again, beats the keeper all ends up. This time, it’s a goal, I have never seen a goal like that, and I have been watching since the 60s.

A pretty amazing goal tbh.

Moved down to London at the start of July and now a Fulham season ticket holder. Signs already that we're going to be one of the main threats in the championship, played some wonderful football so far this season especially at Millwall on Tuesday which should have been a 4/5-0 win. The team seem to be in a similar place to Norwich, too good for the championship but not good enough for the premiership which probably says more about the gulf in class which exists now.

Moved down to London at the start of July and now a Fulham season ticket holder. Signs already that we're going to be one of the main threats in the championship, played some wonderful football so far this season especially at Millwall on Tuesday which should have been a 4/5-0 win. The team seem to be in a similar place to Norwich, too good for the championship but not good enough for the premiership which probably says more about the gulf in class which exists now.
Fulham is a fantastic ground, probably my favourite away day.

Nottingham (either club) or Sheffield United are good too.

On 22/08/2021 at 10:41, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

Moved down to London at the start of July and now a Fulham season ticket holder. Signs already that we

3 home games and you're opting for 'we' already? 

• 3 weeks later...

Wild that is still happens in England. With that said, on that Sunderland til I Die documentary there's guys living in 3 storey mansions, driving 70 grand Range Rovers. I thought they would be in trouble by now.

You can pretty much guarantee that most Derby players will be millionaires despite never having played in the Barclays. I wonder how much Rooney is on.

On 14/08/2021 at 14:32, senorsoupe said:

They are now, on -2 points.

Another deduction to come, perhaps. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58649432