English Football League 2021/22 Season - Playoffs

Champions elect Fulham running riot at home to Luton!
104 league goals now this season (Mitrovic with 42 of them).
This could be a Cricket score!!

ETA 106 league goals for Fulham and 43 for Mitrovic.
Finished 7-0.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Luton's goal difference taking a pummelling as well. 

2 more injuries with 2 fewer days to recover for the final match being the bigger pummelling.

33 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Luton's goal difference taking a pummelling as well. 

Critically it is now 5 worse than Middlesbrough.  The hatters still have control of their own destiny but if they draw their final game and Boro win, they they miss the playoffs

Champions elect Fulham running riot at home to Luton!
104 league goals now this season (Mitrovic with 42 of them).
This could be a Cricket score!!

ETA 106 league goals for Fulham and 43 for Mitrovic.
Finished 7-0.
Just about 40 goals more than he will score next season as they invariably drop back down again.

Just about 40 goals more than he will score next season as they invariably drop back down again.
Norwich and Fulham are destined to take turns between the Premier League and Championship until the end of time.

13 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Norwich and Fulham are destined to take turns between the Premier League and Championship until the end of time.

As expected with the ridiculously high parachute payments 

9 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

The greatest tag team in history.

Summer recruitment will be key for Fulham but I'm hoping this time as they're are up as champions, they have an extra 3-4 weeks to prepare this time that it'll make a difference. 

The first season they went back up, Via the playoffs, The director of football, Tony Khan (Owner's son) was playing real life football manager and signed guys like Seri, Anguissa, Le Marchand, Markovic and Mawson for well over 100million. They bagged Slavisa Jokanovic way too early aswell. His replacement (Ranieri) was a complete disaster. Think they tried to get Wenger but he told them to bolt!

The season they returned, again via the playoffs, was slightly different. This time, The money wasn't spent as much as the previous attempt but was spent much more wisely on Tosin, Reed and Robinson for example. The problem that season was the amount of loan players brought in, again using the DOF's databases. Players like Lookman, Loftus-Cheek, Anderson and Areola. Decent players but are loan players up for a relegation battle? The biggest problem for Fulham that season was the manager. Scott Parker was out of his depth with a sense of arrogance around him. He played the likes of Abou Kamara, Ivan Cavielero and Josh Maja instead of Mitrovic who it was rumoured he didn't get on with. Speaking to Fulham fans I know, "Parkerball" was dire as well, possession football but with no end product! He isn't well thought of at Craven Cottage. 

Next season with Marco Silva I'm hoping is totally different. His time at Everton not providing much confidence but it is Everton I suppose. 

As expected with the ridiculously high parachute payments 

The parachute payments don't seem to have helped most other clubs who drop down. The reason the two of them go back and forward is that they are generally well run but financially cautious, and haven't pushed the boat out the way other clubs have when they've gone up. Some have had success that way, others have ended up in the toilet.

Would like to see Forest go up either by stealing the automatic place from Bournemouth or via the play offs. Steve Cooper has done an incredible job just to get them here (they haven’t secured a play off spot since 2011), when he took the managerial reins in September, Forest had just a solitary point from their first seven league games and were firmly rooted to the foot of the table. Some turnaround since their first win away at Barnsley on Sept 29th.

Forest extremely unlucky there - Surridge is clearly onside and then fouled by Travers.

On recent evidence, I would strongly fancy Forest to win the play-offs if they finish up in third place. I don't think I would be as confident about Bournemouth if they end up there. 

I know Jones has been one of Boro's best players this season in the same position, but it is quite funny that Spence, one of the outstanding players in the league this season, is on loan to Forest from an objectively worse team in the same league.

18 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Forest extremely unlucky there - Surridge is clearly onside and then fouled by Travers.

On recent evidence, I would strongly fancy Forest to win the play-offs if they finish up in third place. I don't think I would be as confident about Bournemouth if they end up there. 

If they had another option up top I’d fancy them to go up via the play offs (if they don’t go up automatically) missing Grabban and Davis is massive.

2 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

If they had another option up top I’d fancy them to go up via the play offs (if they don’t go up automatically) missing Grabban and Davis is massive.

Yeah, I know Surridge has scored a few goals recently but he's not someone I've ever been that impressed with. He should've buried his chance when he hit the bar and looks every inch a 3rd choice championship striker.