English Football League 2021/22 Season - Playoffs

1 minute ago, Raven said:

I hadn't considered that might be the other reason.

The other reason could be the abundance of Indian restaurants in Luton.

IIRC Easyjet and TUI's UK operations are based at Luton airport.

There should be lots of cheap flights to many cities for a quick day away.

I was as confused as everybody else when Paul Heckingbottom was announced as Sheffield United manager, but they have been excellent tonight against a good Championship team in Middlesbrough. Completely blew them away and played them off the park at times. Great aggression and intensity to their pressing, and moved the ball really quickly and accurately in possession. 

I was as confused as everybody else when Paul Heckingbottom was announced as Sheffield United manager, but they have been excellent tonight against a good Championship team in Middlesbrough. Completely blew them away and played them off the park at times. Great aggression and intensity to their pressing, and moved the ball really quickly and accurately in possession. 

Was at the game tonight, some lovely stuff from the Blades, Boro just outclassed for huge swathes of game. The boy Gibbs-White (No27) looks a real talent.

Here in North America I can watch 3 PM kickoff games, and my choice today was between Brentford v Burnley in the Premier League or Peterborough v Stoke in the Championship.  Decided to watch the latter and I find it hilarious that Stoke are sticking with players that were good in the Premier League a decade ago.  A Starting XI containing Phil Jagielka, Joe Allen and Steven Fletcher would have been a solid mid-table PL team in 2012.

Also, Steven Fletcher is now sporting a ridiculous man-bun.  

Joke of a penalty. Should have been a booking for simulation. It’s amazing how many refs (and football commentators like the assistant today) still get conned by outrageous dives like that. I suppose Harry Kane and Michael Owen would both admire the “skill”.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shahid khan said:

Just the 38 goals, so far, for Aleksander Mitrovic as Fulham steamroll their way to the Premier league. 2 more wins guarantees promotion.

He'll be back to his usual 5 or 6 in the EPL next season. He seems to be one of those players that's too good for the Championship but not quite good enough for the Premier.