English Football League 2021/22 Season - Playoffs

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

What a silly thing to do when on a yellow.

Pretty dodgy. The first one was totally avoidable. I had been backing him to get booked in the semis as a decent price. Came right in for this game. Probably nobbled by an off-shore betting cartel haha

Out of curiosity why is a Championship/Premiership referee doing this game and not a ref who refs League 1/2 each week. 

Fully expecting Dean/Atkinson/Marriner/Pawson to have the Championship game tomorrow

Edited by FK1Bairn

53 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Out of curiosity why is a Championship/Premiership referee doing this game and not a ref who refs League 1/2 each week. 

Fully expecting Dean/Atkinson/Marriner/Pawson to have the Championship game tomorrow

Best refs for the best games? Conference playoff game between Wrexham and Grimsby could have done with a pro ref.

Or money saving since the EPL level refs are all salaried so  they only pay match expenses where as the lower EFL refs are paid only on a per game basis?

Or was VAR in use? I saw a late flag. So they might have needed a ref trained to use VAR. That is the most likely reason.

56 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Best refs for the best games? Conference playoff game between Wrexham and Grimsby could have done with a pro ref.

Or money saving since the EPL level refs are all salaried so  they only pay match expenses where as the lower EFL refs are paid only on a per game basis?

Or was VAR in use? I saw a late flag. So they might have needed a ref trained to use VAR. That is the most likely reason.

VAR was in use but I never gave that a thought. I agree that's the most likely reason. 

On 28/05/2022 at 12:38, The Naitch said:

They've only switched it up as Monday isn't a bank holiday otherwise it would have been exactly as you described.

23 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think it generally goes Two, One, Championship... except in years when there is a major international tournament in the summer then it's Championship, One, Two. On the, reasonable, assumption that Championship players are more likely to be called up for international tournaments and so need the extra days' rest.

This year it is spread over two weekends because the end of May Bank Holiday has been moved because the Lizard Queen wants to celebrate the anniversary of her dad's death again.

I confess, I'm not sure why League One was held before League Two this year.

Didn't realise there were other reasons. Cheers.

I would prefer Forest to win, but the longer the game goes on at 0-0 with Forest dominating the ball but Huddersfield comfortable out of possession, the more I expect Huddersfield to nick it from a set-piece or a late counter-attack. 

8 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I would prefer Forest to win, but the longer the game goes on at 0-0 with Forest dominating the ball but Huddersfield comfortable out of possession, the more I expect Huddersfield to nick it from a set-piece or a late counter-attack. 

You can't put a price on analysis like this.