English Football League 2021/22 Season - Playoffs

Have generally been impressed by Sunderland fans. They always take big numbers over big distances but without the camera-wanking and media-fawning you associate with their neighbours. Good luck to them, wouldn't be surprised if they're in the Premier League in two or three years.
Nah, bellends. Their documentary on Netflix showed that.

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Have generally been impressed by Sunderland fans. They always take big numbers over big distances but without the camera-wanking and media-fawning you associate with their neighbours. Good luck to them, wouldn't be surprised if they're in the Premier League in two or three years.

With Neil in charge there is every chance. 

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Nah, bellends. Their documentary on Netflix showed that.

Was that not more the owners with their buzzphrases and Brentisms & the sort of fans who embody the coked up w****r that is Endemic in the game down here right now rather than the decent, long suffering, rank & file who follow them every week.

Was that not more the owners with their buzzphrases and Brentisms & the sort of fans who embody the coked up w****r that is Endemic in the game down here right now rather than the decent, long suffering, rank & file who follow them every week.
The long suffering ones were no better. It would give an interview with those types who couldn't wait to tell us how they were loyal and great fans before cutting to the match and the camera on the fan then giving pelters to the players. It wasn't always the usual bog standard moaning either, some of it was ridiculously OTT stuff.

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

The long suffering ones were no better. It would give an interview with those types who couldn't wait to tell us how they were loyal and great fans before cutting to the match and the camera on the fan then giving pelters to the players. It wasn't always the usual bog standard moaning either, some of it was ridiculously OTT stuff.

Fairynuff then, only had half an eye on it when I watched it so couldn't really say, the ones that caught my eyes and ears were what I mentioned so I should probably watch it again & give it my full attention. On a related topic, delighted for Ross Stewart scoring the clinching goal to get them up yesterday  some journey from The Buffs.

On 21/05/2022 at 16:59, Bully Wee Villa said:

I've only been once, against Villa by chance, and it was one of the best atmospheres I've experienced. Decent enough fans in the bars too. I've had a soft spot for them ever since. Delighted they went up.

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

They don’t half drag out the play-offs down south do they? Over 3 weeks between the Championship finishing and the play-off final.

Strange order too. League One then Two then Championship instead of Two, One, Champ. It used to be all on one bank holiday weekend with Two on the Saturday, One on Sunday then Champ on the Monday but there was moaning the greatest pitch in the world at the home of football wasn't in a great state for the richest football game in the world after the two previous matches so they reversed the order for the Championship game to be on the Saturday. Now, who knows what goes through their minds other than showbiz + money > football.

To pay for the DRAMA of the second legs, we need to put up with the boredom of first legs and finals. Hopefully tomorrow is different but the Championship finals are always anticlimactic after the chaos preceding them.

1 hour ago, Charles Stiles said:

Strange order too. League One then Two then Championship instead of Two, One, Champ. It used to be all on one bank holiday weekend with Two on the Saturday, One on Sunday then Champ on the Monday...

They've only switched it up as Monday isn't a bank holiday otherwise it would have been exactly as you described.

4 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Strange order too. League One then Two then Championship instead of Two, One, Champ. It used to be all on one bank holiday weekend with Two on the Saturday, One on Sunday then Champ on the Monday but there was moaning the greatest pitch in the world at the home of football wasn't in a great state for the richest football game in the world after the two previous matches so they reversed the order for the Championship game to be on the Saturday. Now, who knows what goes through their minds other than showbiz + money > football.

I think it generally goes Two, One, Championship... except in years when there is a major international tournament in the summer then it's Championship, One, Two. On the, reasonable, assumption that Championship players are more likely to be called up for international tournaments and so need the extra days' rest.

This year it is spread over two weekends because the end of May Bank Holiday has been moved because the Lizard Queen wants to celebrate the anniversary of her dad's death again.

I confess, I'm not sure why League One was held before League Two this year.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa