English Football League 2021/22 Season - Playoffs

I see some obese fud gave Billy Sharp a fair dunt during the celebrations at the end there. This is why most of us can't have nice things.

Hopefully that'll be him fucked for Wembley though, and football in general for a long time. Be lucky not to see jail like the guy that punched Grealish a few years back.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

I see some obese fud gave Billy Sharp a fair dunt during the celebrations at the end there. This is why most of us can't have nice things.

Hopefully that'll be him fucked for Wembley though, and football in general for a long time. Be lucky not to see jail like the guy that punched Grealish a few years back.

Exactly what every keeper should be doing, making the first one wait over a minute and then saving it exactly what your after.
Aye, but equally the ref should be on top of it.

It's much in the same bracket that you're after your midfield enforcer cementing the opposition playmaker in minute 1, but you can't complain if he's not subtle enough to avoid a booking.

Don’t mind a pitch invasion when it’s done right but you get far too many happening these days. Save it for actually winning something at least - doing it for reaching a play-off final is a minter.

22 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Yes, he is.

A man has now been huckled in relation to this.

A 31 year old. I'd have guessed humpty dumpty there was 40-50.

11 hours ago, GiGi said:

The thing that bothers me about the selfie thing is it just becomes all about 'me me me'. You're not on the pitch to celebrate with the players and fellow fans, you're on to get something for yourself. Can tell the players hate it as well.

Game's gone.

Welcome to 2022. 

10 hours ago, muirkirk nil said:

Good move nutting someone when wearing a bright yellow top when it wasn't a Norwich game. That is just straight forward assault. Should be jail but he probably wasn't breastfed as a child so it'll be picking up litter and gardening for a few months.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Don’t mind a pitch invasion when it’s done right but you get far too many happening these days. Save it for actually winning something at least - doing it for reaching a play-off final is a minter.

There's still too much made of getting through to Wembley for these play offs, as if that was the main objective. It should only be about now being one game away from promotion, especially as you weren't good enough over the season to go up automatically. Location of the game should be irrelevant. They shouldn't even be at Wembley of course but that's another discussion.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

^^^ can someone come and collect their da - he's been watching too many Farage videos on YouTube again

Deary me. ContraryCraig comes in with some well thought out, hilarious, original banter there. Best you just stick to the boring stats and rule book stuff you obviously get very excited about. 

Horrible behaviour.

I said on Monday night when a Huddersfield fan slapped a Luton player on the back of the head (may have been a gentle slap) at the start of the pitch invasion that these could get out of control quite quickly. 

Wasn't expecting the following night to have that Billy Sharp incident.

Can see more of a police/steward presence, and EFL banning (or trying to ban) all future pitch invasions.

30 minutes ago, ScottMc77 said:

Horrible behaviour.

I said on Monday night when a Huddersfield fan slapped a Luton player on the back of the head (may have been a gentle slap) at the start of the pitch invasion that these could get out of control quite quickly. 

Can see more of a police/steward presence, and EFL banning (or trying to ban) all future pitch invasions.

How can they ban it though? A few stewards aren’t going to stop thousands of delirious supporters running into the park. 

Are you thinking points deduction as punishment? 

I'd take it as read that pitch invasions are already banned in law. They're just more prevalent and tolerated than previously. What these teamed need is a play off win against Millwall to remind them of the possible consequences.

50 minutes ago, ScottMc77 said:

Horrible behaviour.

17 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

How can they ban it though? A few stewards aren’t going to stop thousands of delirious supporters running into the park. 

1 hour ago, ScottMc77 said:

Horrible behaviour.

There was also an 85 year old Luton fan bleeding from his head after being hit by a coin. There's always some that can't just enjoy it. Stewarding seems to mean just stand in a line and watch, anecdotally seems a lot of experienced stewards were lost during covid (and Brexit...).

21 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I realise it's almost impossible to stop.

Unless you have 2 lines of police all with tasers to try and stop them....

Thing is, it's mostly good natured fun, but unfortunately there will always be 1 or 2 mindless idiots ruining things.

If player assaults become a regular thing then possible points deductions may be considered, I suppose.

16 hours ago, GiGi said:

McBurnie got a few digs at a Forest fan as well by the looks of it. Looks bad for him but have no doubt some fud was getting in his face to start with.

https://twitter.com/footbalIfights/status/1526946876095873024?s=20&t=9e9JVFQ89wowKTerTF

He connected, it couldn't have been deliberate.