English Football League 2021/22 Season - Playoffs

On 14/05/2022 at 16:47, DrewDon said:

I want Forest to go up for McKenna.

And that desire is exacerbated by the terrible opinions most Scottish football fans (including a small section of Aberdeen fans) seem to hold about him, despite repeatedly proving that he is a very good centre-back. 

It would be interesting to see how he does in the premiership. I think being the first choice centre back under McLeishs disastrous reign and now barely getting game time for the now successful national team means people still remember him for that. 

33 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Fair play to Allan Campbell, I had him down as a basic breaker/ball carrier type but he seems very at home at this level.

Nathan Jones has him playing a much more creative role than he had with Motherwell and he's doing well.  If Luton go up I am curious if he can continue that in the Premier League

Why is Luton getting called a ‘fairy tale’ being over? Didn’t they spunk a shit load of money and nearly die not too long ago? And haven’t they still spunked a decent wedge by championship standards to be where they are just now?

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Why is Luton getting called a ‘fairy tale’ being over? Didn’t they spunk a shit load of money and nearly die not too long ago? And haven’t they still spunked a decent wedge by championship standards to be where they are just now?

No. One of the lowest spends in the championship.

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I wouldn't call 15 years "not too long ago", their problems started in the 2006/07 season in the championship, ultimately resulting in relegation from the EFL back in 2009 after they were hit with a 30 point deduction. How they have dug themselves out of the massive hole they were in at the time is impressive. They have come back strong since then and done very well this season with a very low budget for Championship standards.

Edited by Marten

Luton had a superb season considering their budget compared to the rest of the league. As a follower of Blackburn it's been difficult watching them shit the bed all of 2022 and see a team like Luton end up in the play offs (Forest and Sheff Utd's runs in the 2nd half of the season to get there worth a mention too) but they were there completely on merit. 

Should be a cracker at the City ground tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed the first leg on Saturday. Nottingham Forest should've been out of sight but Sheff Utds late consolation keeps things interesting. Still fancy Forest to progress though and probably win the final too. 

Edited by CM.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Just thought to myself when Johnson scored there, 'At least they might not be able to find his dad in the crowd this time'. Literally one second later... 

I'm betting they'll find him at Wembley as well.