English Football League 2021/22 Season - Playoffs

Northampton were 3-0 up on Barrow and cruising to promotion. Unless Bristol Rovers could beat their score by 5.

Barrow got a goal back and it's now 6-0 Bristol Rovers. One more for them and they'll go up instead of Northampton!

4 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Northampton were 3-0 up on Barrow and cruising to promotion. Unless Bristol Rovers could beat their score by 5.

Barrow got a goal back and it's now 6-0 Bristol Rovers. One more for them and they'll go up instead of Northampton!

7-0 Bristol Rovers! As it stands they're up. A goal for Scunthorpe or Northampton will swing it back the other way.

15 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

7-0 Bristol Rovers! As it stands they're up. A goal for Scunthorpe or Northampton will swing it back the other way.

That's the game only now restarting after the last goal prompted a pitch invasion. I will wet myself laughing if Scunthorpe get a consolation and send Northampton up instead.

If any of you get the chance go to Kennilworth Road before it's gone. The place is an absolute shit tip and isn't really for for purpose. 

Imagine all the shite league 2 grounds with their rickety old stands and you'd lashed them all together to make a bigger ground and you're somewhere close. You even have to walk up steps that cross someone's garden to get in the away end.

They've been told if they get up they can play there for 2 seasons in the Premier league until the new grounds ready. 

Just found out that ITV4 are taking over from Quest for the Highlights Programme. While ITV may be good their football stuff is usually shite so I fear the worst. Always liked the show on Quest look forward to it more than MOTD on a Saturday night tbh

26 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Just found out that ITV4 are taking over from Quest for the Highlights Programme. While ITV may be good their football stuff is usually shite so I fear the worst. Always liked the show on Quest look forward to it more than MOTD on a Saturday night tbh

I thought both Quest and Channel 5 done a good job with the highlights.

ITV will probably use a lot of the same crew that's followed the programme from channel to channel. As long as Sam bloody Matterface doesn't get near the show I'll be happy.

13 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I can't imagine Northampton are happy about them finishing the game 20 minutes later than everyone else. 

I'm not sure it made that big a difference, Rovers had to make sure they didn't concede once they went 7-0 up so nothing changed in the extra time. (Other than they knew Northampton weren't going to score, so they didn't have to go gung ho for an eighth, leaving themselves open at the back, maybe it did make a difference.)

On 07/05/2022 at 14:11, Ro Sham Bo said:

I didn't realise until watching this that everyone's favourite co-commentator is on the Reading coaching staff. 

Ah, I assumed something totally different  when and article said he was having a go at reading.

• Bully Wee Villa changed the title to English Football League 2021/22 Season - Playoffs
13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Never fails. 😀

Was thinking that myself crowd and game have come in to life since the goal. Also I forgot Palmer existed.

ETA - Palmer to score winner now.

Edited by gannonball