St Johnstone vs Motherwell, Sunday 8 August, 2021

I would say that’s a very good point given we’re very early in our development under Alexander and playing against a very established team. I’m afraid I did not see the actual game due to the exorbitant cost and watched the Championship down south on TV instead.

Edited by Yorky

22 minutes ago, Yorky said:

I would say that’s a very good point given we’re very early in our development under Alexander and playing against a very established team. I’m afraid I did not see the actual game due to the exorbitant cost and watched the Championship down south on TV instead.

Did you see it through your tears? 

Scenes when O'Donnell is dropped by Scotland, only to be replaced by Ralston.

Today reeked of a match years ago where Clark had a stormer while his opposing number (Jack Hamilton on that occasion) did literally nothing, and the onlooking Scotland manager chose Hamilton. So I'm expecting Saints players to be ignored again tbh.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Scenes when O'Donnell is dropped by Scotland, only to be replaced by Ralston.

Today reeked of a match years ago where Clark had a stormer while his opposing number (Jack Hamilton on that occasion) did literally nothing, and the onlooking Scotland manager chose Hamilton. So I'm expecting Saints players to be ignored again tbh.

Excited for Kelly's imminent call up in that case.

Just now, capt_oats said:

Excited for Kelly's imminent call up in that case.

The meltdown from our fans will be a sight to see.

Whit?

Sorry I’ll translate into yokel peasant for you.

Wee teams don’t tend to have internationalists really. An immediate call up happens normally when they move onto another bigger club.

On the Motherwell thread someone mentioned that Sunderland were interested in SOD due to the modest release cause and most of us got excited (not what you’d expect).

I then congratulated that person for getting my hopes up.

P.S. Don’t shag family members or livestock. Tweed is not acceptable attire for all occasions and John Deere make the best tractors. You can have those three for free.

Edited by Kapowzer

37 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Hesgoal or redit soccer streams buddy

Thought we played pretty well up to a point but you can't fluff your lines in front of goal as often as we did today and expect any less than what happened in the end. 

Motherwell did create some good chances today as well, so they'll probably argue they deserved a point. 

Real positives today were Clark, Middleton and lapse apart, Muller. Also the general performance after an energy sapping trip to Turkey. 

Happy enough. 

19 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Had a ticket for this but didn't go in the end as noticed Sky were showing a rerun of last season's Manchester derby so watched that instead, much better value. 

It's almost as bad as c***s like Jamama supporting 8 teams. I'd rather watch rugby than pishy English shite.

Watching Sportscene, Watt’s second chance, he could have chested it down, pirouetted and still have time to roll it into the corner.
Like May's chance in first half. Tried to have about 5 touches rather than just shooting. New season, same problems at home scoring goals.

Many will probably laugh, but I genuinely think if Tony Watt could be arsed properly applying himself to football he'd be the best Scottish centre forward by a mile.

He has such ability and instinct. He did fluff it massively for a potential winner, he ghosted into an area to volley the equaliser superbly.  A lapse by us admittedly, but you've got to read it and make the run and then finish.

He'll do his usual though, have a few great games then not really be bothered and just go through the motions.  Such a waste of a lot of talent.

30 minutes ago, ropy said:

Watching Sportscene, Watt’s second chance, he could have chested it down, pirouetted and still have time to roll it into the corner.

After converting his first chance and celebrating with a Ric Flair "Woo!" I don't think he had regained his composure.

Many will probably laugh, but I genuinely think if Tony Watt could be arsed properly applying himself to football he'd be the best Scottish centre forward by a mile.
He has such ability and instinct. He did fluff it massively for a potential winner, he ghosted into an area to volley the equaliser superbly.  A lapse by us admittedly, but you've got to read it and make the run and then finish.
He'll do his usual though, have a few great games then not really be bothered and just go through the motions.  Such a waste of a lot of talent.
Really think he would be the striker to thrive in our current set up.

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:
5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Really think he would be the striker to thrive in our current set up.

I need possession yes, but do you think he works hard enough for Davidson?

I need possession yes, but do you think he works hard enough for Davidson?
Probably not but think that may be our problems especially at home with this formation. Asking too much of the striker ( closing down, working back etc) rather than just having him a penalty box player

29 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Watt's never lacked effort for us tbh. Gotta say though him being 'the best Scottish centre forward by a mile' if he applied himself in a way you don't think he does is a particularly wild shout. He's been a good player in a poor team for us, he's never hidden away and always tried his best. If that's your opinion of Watt i think it would be fair to say St Johnstone fans and Motherwell fans have had different experiences of him. 

Edited by Londonwell