Immigrants of P&B

Torpar

7 hours ago, Michael W said:

I'm a bit suspicious of the ones that lived in Spain and came back to the UK after Brexit. They could've stayed very easily, but actively chose not to. Leads me to assume that they 'forgot' to declare some income in Spain and didn't fancy taking their chances. 

Isn't this visa just another one of those 'digital nomad' ones, though? Albeit it's being reported in the UK press and slanted accordingly to the domestic audience? Quite a few countries seem to be offering these now. I don't think the ones that left to return to the UK are the targets here! 

I'd also read a few EU nationals (mostly said 'digital nomads') were moving to Spain due to cheaper electricity costs. 

I know a boy from Malaga who I worked with here when I first moved over, worked in the same pub for a while. Spoke to him ages ago on Facebook after he posted about Brexit and the Brits leaving for home. A fair chunk of the local hospitality sector was being funded by folk earning cash in hand and when they fucked off the pubs and restaurants suffered for it. He was hoping they would be allowed to stay on because the local governments know how important the black market economy was to those working above board.

9 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Malaysian Borneo.

To clarify on why this isn't the fun part, rather than Gogo bars you live in the jungle and fight (impressively resourceful) ants.

The place is fun in its own way, but not many tourists coming here.

Sarawak? Pretty cool spot anyway and plenty of Kampong life.

Edited by Tight minge