Immigrants of P&B

Torpar

58 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I fully plan on eventually leaving the country when I have my university degree and have been practicing for a few years - maybe to Australia or NZ.

Do NZ. A wonderful place that me and my partner were seriously considering moving to pre-covid. We've still not ruled it out but our wee one now makes it a bit more difficult. My brother has been there for over 10 years, has an amazing family and life there, I'd recommend it to anyone. 

I intend to spend the rest of my life in another country and moan on P&B that the inferior Jocks I've left behind are fucking everything up.

Edit: whoops, wrong account.

Edited by BFTD

15 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Bump

Anyone thinking about moving?

Brexit has now got it teeth set & the independence of Scotland looks bleak..

Time to read this thread and jump ship? or hand on in there? 

Not having an EU passport is making this far more difficult than it was pretty brexit. Had a job lined up in Switzerland working between Lyon and Geneva, pulled the offer when I informed them I didn't have an Irish passport. 

So ideally yes, but in practise no.

15 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Bump

Have been living abroad for 8 years now and would have returned by now if not for Brexit. The UK is tanking economically and I don’t see how it can turn it around. Plus, the traffic in Edinburgh has got even more shite

1 hour ago, The Other Foot said:

Have been living abroad for 8 years now and would have returned by now if not for Brexit. The UK is tanking economically and I don’t see how it can turn it around. Plus, the traffic in Edinburgh has got even more shite

Even with all the immigrants going home?

2 hours ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Not having an EU passport is making this far more difficult than it was pretty brexit. Had a job lined up in Switzerland working between Lyon and Geneva, pulled the offer when I informed them I didn't have an Irish passport. 

So ideally yes, but in practise no.

I assume it was the French end of the job that caused the issue? I know a few folk who have moved from the UK to Switzerland post Brexit and had no issues whatsoever.

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

I assume it was the French end of the job that caused the issue? I know a few folk who have moved from the UK to Switzerland post Brexit and had no issues whatsoever.

It was through an Irish company so I can only assume the French angle caused the problems. Job offer was on the table and rescinded after questions about my passport. 

7 hours ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

It was through an Irish company so I can only assume the French angle caused the problems. Job offer was on the table and rescinded after questions about my passport. 

I know it varies from Kanton to Kanton in some aspects, but by and large if you have a contract on the table they will approve you with almost no questions asked.

Bump
I may well piss off again in the next year or two. A few ideas but nothing concrete as yet.

Probably said it before on this thread, but leaving the UK is without question the best major life decision I have ever made and I have absolutely no plans to move back whatsoever at any time.