Immigrants of P&B

Torpar

3 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

The 45% have control of big business here (that the Chinese/Thai) for folk that don't know. Every election since last (sham) was 70% for the people.   Its more or less impossible in Thailand unles your (Chin/Thai).  They are crumbling the farmers , 

America, have massive milarty base up on the North East, China are selling for arm to us than vaccines. 14 helicopters years.

I'll Boris tomorrow, 

Here, pretty much every sizeable business is owned by the Chinese in some way or other.    Duterte has made it clear he'd prefer to get into bed with them than the Americans - what a choice to have!

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Here, pretty much every sizeable business is owned by the Chinese in some way or other.    Duterte has made it clear he'd prefer to get into bed with them than the Americans - what a choice to have!

The Chinese have a huge influence in the region, historically and more recently. Even in Singapore and to extent Indonesia its the same.

Has the pointless train to Clark been started?

1 minute ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

The Chinese have a huge influence in the region, historically and more recently. Even in Singapore and to extent Indonesia its the same.

Has the pointless train to Clark been started?

Due for completion this year.

Not started yet!

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Yep, Utrecht is amongst my favourite cities in The Netherlands, Groningen & Maastricht are also in there (I'm not including Rotterdam in this simply because I'm from there so I'd be too biased).

Fancy a short trip to Groningen maybe next year. I liked Rotterdam, just back from the centre a couple of streets and it's quiet streets with cafes and canals like we expect to see, then mad modern architecture in the centre. The boat trips round the docks are mindboggling, the scale is unbelievable. But you might know this..:lol:

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Someone else mentioned the Scottish negativity, I do notice that us Scots can be a tad on the "Why" side than the "Why not" so probably fair.  

Probably one of the biggest things that sticks out to me over here. The Swiss have a dark sense of humour and can be quite dry with a great many things, much like the Scots, but they are far more positive about life and will encourage you to try something different or new where we would most likely slag each other rotten for having thoughts above our station.

Moved to Norfolk from West Lothian 6 years ago. Missus is from here. Its alright I suppose. The weather is generally better which is a big plus but other than that I can't say its too different. Its full of gammons and the insistence of everyone giving me their uninformed opinions on the economy of a hypothetical independent Scotland within 2 minutes of me arriving here got very old very quickly. I don't miss the sectarianism or the rain but I do miss the humour and being able to converse about fitba with folk. Invariably conversations down here will revolve about the poor standard of the league or the Old Firm, which again people generally don't know as much about as they think they do. I would be quite happy to move back in future but other half probably wouldn't be as keen. We'll see.

Probably one of the biggest things that sticks out to me over here. The Swiss have a dark sense of humour and can be quite dry with a great many things, much like the Scots, but they are far more positive about life and will encourage you to try something different or new where we would most likely slag each other rotten for having thoughts above our station.

It’s the last part that really sticks out here above alp else. Whenever anyone has any positive ambition there is usually a chorus of “ look at this c**t , who does hw think he is”
It’s an absolutely shite attitude thar permeates every part of society and goes along way to explain why, despite having plenty in our locker , we consistently fail to perform at any level ( sports or otherwise) we’re so negative in fact we voted no to our own sovereignty remember

We often get annoyed at the English during tournaments. To be fair we watch English centric media where pundits turn into fans , if it only went out in England then fair enough.
Y’know what, I’d love for us to have some of their attitude, not the OTT delusion but actually playing with success in mind. It’s like we decided “ naw we tried that once 40 year ago and it didnae work so wir no daein it again!”
, if we get beat by a better side then fair enough, but lets not kid ourselves that qualifying for a 24 team tournament and finishing bottom with one point and one goal considering some of the players we have as a success
I’ll never stop being embarrassed that we sent a team of to the world cup with a song called “don’t come home too soon”
Fuckin hell

2 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

And the San Mig International airport will now be in Bulacan? 

It so hard to keep up. 

Due to start construction Q1 2021.  

Same construction company as the train obviously. 

30 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Yep...thank f**k John Logie Baird didn't listen to his mates or we'd still be sitting around the radio! 

17 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:
33 minutes ago, Ross. said:

It’s the last part that really sticks out here above alp else.

That's a pretty nice Freudian typo...

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fancy a short trip to Groningen maybe next year. I liked Rotterdam, just back from the centre a couple of streets and it's quiet streets with cafes and canals like we expect to see, then mad modern architecture in the centre. The boat trips round the docks are mindboggling, the scale is unbelievable. But you might know this..:lol:

Haarlem and Amersfoort are good too. Greatest thing about central Netherlands is all these nice places to visit within a 45 minute radius.