Pricing

is there a pricing for the wosl or is it up to the individual clubs

nobody seems to be singing from the same hymn sheet

so far this season   charged £7 at lok

charged £8 at bonnyton

charged £6 at hurlford

Well done to the clubs keeping the price down but I can understand why some clubs are using this as a way to get more income after so long with nothing. However, at least some of higher end pricing will be clubs who need to rely on income from away fans because they don't have enough of a support of their own to sustain them, and I find that a bit pish tbh. All within the agred rules though so just need to accept it. 

The clubs are free to charge whatever entry fee they choose, however it has to be consistent throughout the whole season. The clubs declare on their 'annual return' to the league what their entry prices are, and they cannot deviate from that.

I have noticed some Conference clubs charging £8 for entry while some Premier clubs are only charging £6. All within the rules.

Some clubs imo will be looking to re-coup some of the cost of upgrading their facilities which was done while having no matchday income. Increasing prices may also be a way for clubs with upgrades in mind to bring in more money for that purpose.

Some clubs choosing to raise their prices has happened across non-league as a whole & also in the SPFL.

I think £8 is well worth it for access to a football match at this level. We are getting a glut of goals and incidents and I can’t think of any other form of entertainment that provides all this drama for less than the price of a couple of pints. 

1 hour ago, Lurcer said:

I think £8 is well worth it for access to a football match at this level. We are getting a glut of goals and incidents and I can’t think of any other form of entertainment that provides all this drama for less than the price of a couple of pints. 

Try paying £6 to watch some of the dross in the conferences, yes there will be drama, goals etc but the standard of football on show in some

games is no better than Sunday league games of 10 years back. As for the standard of refereeing, best no go there.

6 hours ago, nicotina said:

charged £8 at bonnyton

charged £6 at hurlford

If any clubs "sang from the same hymn sheet" they'd be committing a criminal offence. Competition Act 1978.

6 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

If any clubs "sang from the same hymn sheet" they'd be committing a criminal offence. Competition Act 1978.

Lionel Hutz at your service. 

If the clubs agree a standard set of pricing I'm fairly sure that nobody is going to the big hoose. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Lionel Hutz at your service. 

If the clubs agree a standard set of pricing I'm fairly sure that nobody is going to the big hoose. 

Jail for an official is unlikely, but possible (up to five years). A fine for the club is more likely - up to 10% of turnover. Or both.

4 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

They're not in competition with each other for customers. Nobody says "I am in the market for a game of football at tier 6 in Ayrshire, and I will go to the cheapest retailer."

And it's the 1998 Act.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

They're not in competition with each other for customers. Nobody says "I am in the market for a game of football at tier 6 in Ayrshire, and I will go to the cheapest retailer."

And it's the 1998 Act.

The Junior leagues also set league prices for at least two decades so its safe to file this nonsense in the bin

Edited by Wile E Coyote

4 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

The Junior leagues also set league prices for at least two decades so its safe to file this nonsense in the bin

In fairness that doesn't mean it's permitted - presumably nobody challenged it.

The only time I can recall price fixing being an issue in football was when big English clubs and kit manufacturers colluded on prices. I don't think agreeing an £8 entry fee for the WoS Premiership is likely to attract the interest of the Competition and Markets Authority...

In general I don't see a problem with clubs setting their own ticket prices, as long as it's the same all season. Every club is different.

On 05/08/2021 at 09:13, nicotina said:

charged £8 at bonnyton

charged £6 at hurlford

St Rochs charge £6 and £3 for concessions. Vale of Clyde was the same but U12s go free

Can't blame clubs for asking more - as said on here, trying to recoup £ for ground improvements etc. Going Senior, it's great to pay just £7-8 imo, hasn't really increased much over the years. Would be happy to pay between £6- £10 for any division in the WOSFL,  around the going rate. Better than £30+ for some Elite Lge shite.