Jump to content

FIFA 22


mrpaddyx
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, #Gary said:

I couldn't disagree more with the personal above who said theyve done well with the content. I think there's been far too much content this year, to the extent that your promo players are quite often utterly pointless by the following week...

Vast majority of TOTS cards are useless already, and the vast majority of icons are useless as well.

Yeah, I'd be more inclined to be of this thinking.  I'm not exactly a high level player (think division 3 is the highest I've gone, but then I'm not exactly playing all the time).  The way content is released has so much wrong with it, and seems purely designed to just be STUFF for people to look at, rather than anything of substance.  The EA plan seems to be to just gather together 80% of the players that already have promo cards, then make the rest up with random ones, then slap a bigger number on them.  No real thinking, no real interesting gimmicks, just...stuff.  TOTY cards appearing halfway into the cycle is bad enough, but to have the vast majority of icons be relatively useless this early, and a lot of TOTS cards get there too is mental.

The game badly needs a complete ratings refresh to give more space at the top end, and that would allow them to go promo mad like they're bound to without the other issues.  They won't though.  That'd take effort and imagination, and they can't be fucked with that.

11 minutes ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

I also quite enjoy the golden goal game mode as it's something a lot more fun

I'm not sure how anyone can find playing a game for about 30 seconds before one of you makes the engine cry uncle with one of the ludicrously overpowered players that everyone has.

It's one of the big problems the game has.  The concept of fun has been completely abandoned and replaced with grinding, content and stuff.  I completely understand that "fun" is subjective, but it's pretty objective that EA have moved away from making any attempt to bring in the fun.  It's just a big hole to piss your time and/or money into.  You might find it fun at times - and I do too occasionally - but that's more a byproduct unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

I'm intrigued where do you finish on FUT Champs?

I'm only asking as in regards to the content being too much and the utterly pointless promo players by the following week makes me think you must play to quite a high level. Opposite side of that I'm still running 1 or 2 gold's in my starting 11.

Also I am the opposite to what mostly has been said above, if I'm playing someone and I'm a lot better than them or they are a lot better than me and one of us are down, say 2/3-0 then why waste time playing 90mins when you can just get into your next game, it avoids negative thoughts, a toxic mental environment and can then just focus on the next match, that's just me and my experience though and I know everyone is different.

I also quite enjoy the golden goal game mode as it's something a lot more fun, less serious or stressful and overs a different experience in comparison to going for 14wins on FUT Champs.

Generally play Champs to 11 wins, occasionally get 14 and usually end up in elite division in rivals by the end of each season but only play rivals to the 8 wins max most weeks so even when I'm punted down to D2, if my 8 wins that week isn't enough to get promoted I won't keep playing.

 

I think if you look at my team you can see what I mean tbh, there's 2 TOTS players in it both red picks. TOTS wasn't that long ago, it's nonsense that so many of them are not very good anymore and can't compete. Even if you look at the top tier guys like Messi, he got an undeserved TOTS then within a few weeks there was another better version of him out! 

 

Again looking at my team, I had prime moments Maldini and I don't even play him as I think Romero and Kalulu off chem are better. That's meant to be one of the top end icons.

 

I am still playing the game now and again but I play the menus more than the football, and jump into the golden goal friendlies now and again. I do enjoy them actually, but why am I limited to 4 or 5 games per day? It's basically a log in bonus to make you play every single day in life, and they want you to change your team every single week as well. 

 

I think they'll ramp up the content even more next year as well given its the last year they can milk the "FIFA" title.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/07/2022 at 10:36, #Gary said:

I am still playing the game now and again but I play the menus more than the football, and jump into the golden goal friendlies now and again. I do enjoy them actually, but why am I limited to 4 or 5 games per day? It's basically a log in bonus to make you play every single day in life, and they want you to change your team every single week as well. 

That's exactly what it is.  They'll want to increase engagement, and giving something for someone to log on for every day will likely always suit them better than letting them do that all in one day.  Especially when your four matches could well end up taking you 5 minutes total.

To be honest, the fact that we've pretty much got wait timers in a full price game is fucking disgraceful.  But there's never going to be any actual action from the wider community, so EA will keep on keeping on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the recent patch nerfed AI defending while boosting the shooting of the already powerful strikers, so now not only are all rebounds from blocks falling to opponents in the box, but if opponents cant skill move their way by your decent defending they just f**k a long ranger into the top bin

What have EA got against defending in football games, id rather a damn good tight 2-1 where defences look good instead of a 7-6 where its literally end to end constantly while your thick as f**k AI defence dont cover or step up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

God i hate weekend league, i usually hit about 6 wins (im not very good in all honesty) but on sat and sun there i was just having one of they weekends where i was dominating teams, had a few losses but racked up 9 wins iirc, however it would likely have been more but 4 times when i equalised against someone (while clearly playing better than them) they quit and f**k all happens to them 

Shambles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/07/2022 at 07:18, 54_and_counting said:

God i hate weekend league, i usually hit about 6 wins (im not very good in all honesty) but on sat and sun there i was just having one of they weekends where i was dominating teams, had a few losses but racked up 9 wins iirc, however it would likely have been more but 4 times when i equalised against someone (while clearly playing better than them) they quit and f**k all happens to them 

Shambles

I've pretty much avoided WL all year. The first few that I entered were a sweaty mess and couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The inclusion of Women's Club football in Fifa 23 completely destroys the usual argument as to why any of the Scottish lower leagues can't be included IMO.

They'll be paying much more for the use of those licences than they would for the entire SPFL, and I don't imagine the actual demand is much higher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 wins this weekend on FUTchamps. Lowlight was definitely having 23 shots against a guys 3 and drawing 1-1 to lose in extra time.

 

Rewards were great I got 95 Grealish, 94 Silva and 95 Neuer, also packed 95 Dembele which I sold for 830k and bought Maximin for 1 mil. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/07/2022 at 20:30, KD1711 said:

11 wins this weekend on FUTchamps. Lowlight was definitely having 23 shots against a guys 3 and drawing 1-1 to lose in extra time.

 

Rewards were great I got 95 Grealish, 94 Silva and 95 Neuer, also packed 95 Dembele which I sold for 830k and bought Maximin for 1 mil. 

Grealish is fucking unreal for me, i converted him to a striker, any partner i give him he works with somehow, 

Done the brazil PIM last night, wasn't offered much but took socrates so that's an upgrade on pirlo just

Ive never packed anything good thats tradeable, all my good cards are untradeable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I decided that since I was having an alright time with my near-end-game team I'd go for one last WL.  Started out quite well in playoffs before, as usual, scraping in at the last.  Then a fucking horrendous start, and just about acceptable middle left me needing 4 wins in 5 to get to the 11.  Won one, lost one, so needing 3 wins in 3 and thought there was no fucking chance.  Hard-fought win, 2-0 rage quit, and then a properly heartening, very composed 3-0 win in the final game.  Fucking brilliant.

Open rewards and get 2 shite players I already had, and a 3rd option that wouldn't really start even if he did fit in chemistry wise, and then not a single special card or anything over 85 in the two packs that followed.

You have to laugh really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/07/2022 at 10:39, forameus said:

I decided that since I was having an alright time with my near-end-game team I'd go for one last WL.  Started out quite well in playoffs before, as usual, scraping in at the last.  Then a fucking horrendous start, and just about acceptable middle left me needing 4 wins in 5 to get to the 11.  Won one, lost one, so needing 3 wins in 3 and thought there was no fucking chance.  Hard-fought win, 2-0 rage quit, and then a properly heartening, very composed 3-0 win in the final game.  Fucking brilliant.

Open rewards and get 2 shite players I already had, and a 3rd option that wouldn't really start even if he did fit in chemistry wise, and then not a single special card or anything over 85 in the two packs that followed.

You have to laugh really.

Aye WL rewards for me were honking, i chose the shitty tots player just for any sbc's coming up as theres a summer swaps 2 coming up apparently and the fodder packs from that were good to me

Made this weeks WL with games to spare thankfully, might just batter SB now for a bit to calm the seethe from some honking bad breaks in some online games recently

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grealish is fucking unreal for me, i converted him to a striker, any partner i give him he works with somehow, 
Done the brazil PIM last night, wasn't offered much but took socrates so that's an upgrade on pirlo just
Ive never packed anything good thats tradeable, all my good cards are untradeable



My team atm, got grealish in there as well in the reserves. Happy with what I got picks and packs wise this weekend as it has added some good options to my teAm.

The only ones I have that are tradeable are maximim, tierney and Jorginho IMG_4746.png
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, KD1711 said:

 

 


My team atm, got grealish in there as well in the reserves. Happy with what I got picks and packs wise this weekend as it has added some good options to my teAm.

The only ones I have that are tradeable are maximim, tierney and Jorginho IMG_4746.png

 

 

Team looks very hand, especially the back 4 look solid and will hardly lose an out and out race

Mines since i packed mbappe amongst others in the 85x10 sbc recently, he's just too good even without full chem

Screenshot_20220727-071133_Companion.thumb.jpg.d564b9ce889cd8904a31884a8a3c396f.jpgScreenshot_20220727-071143_Companion.thumb.jpg.aeb6583fbf866e3b351345c96d8f98b3.jpg

Only issue i have is my two best keepers are epl and i have absolutely no defendefs worth their salt from it, would live a VVD or shapeshifter tierney to bring in lloris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Team looks very hand, especially the back 4 look solid and will hardly lose an out and out race

Mines since i packed mbappe amongst others in the 85x10 sbc recently, he's just too good even without full chem

Screenshot_20220727-071133_Companion.thumb.jpg.d564b9ce889cd8904a31884a8a3c396f.jpgScreenshot_20220727-071143_Companion.thumb.jpg.aeb6583fbf866e3b351345c96d8f98b3.jpg

Only issue i have is my two best keepers are epl and i have absolutely no defendefs worth their salt from it, would live a VVD or shapeshifter tierney to bring in lloris

Mbappe is a total cheat code, if I was you I'd get Manuel Neuer in goals, I used to have him when I had TOTS honourable mentions Rudiger in, but obviously got Alisson as a red pick so just stuck with him. 

 

I had VVD and Dias at the back originally but when I had the 86 LB Tierney card he was an absolute machine so decided to just get him in, he is solid and has pace to burn which helps. 

 

2 days to FUTChamps, let's see what sweatiness awaits!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...