FIFA 22

mrpaddyx

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Any chance of another developer getting involved with Fifa, creating a viable alternative? Back in the day there were countless games you could play. 

I used to play This Is Football.

Mainly because it had Ayr United in it.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

That's funny because that's always the first title I think about. Was pretty decent for it's time and two footed lunges were of course brilliant.

25 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Fantastic game. TIF 2 I’m sure it was had fantastic graphics for its era. 

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

That's funny because that's always the first title I think about. Was pretty decent for it's time and two footed lunges were of course brilliant.

I had TIF 2002 and 2003.

They were underrated and better than the FIFA games of the time IMO.

You could also dive and get keepers sent off for deliberate handball outside the box.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Any chance of another developer getting involved with Fifa, creating a viable alternative? Back in the day there were countless games you could play. 

I think it's become a lot harder to do.  Despite the fact that the product is very much sub-par, it's still a very hard thing to get it to the point its in now.  Particularly match engines.  EAs version should be a lot better, but they've had a long time working on it, and it's...fine.  It's arguably better than Konami who have had similar time on it.

If a completely new developer decides they fancy a shot - and I think taking all the technical stuff out, there's an opportunity there - then they are starting out chasing a moving target that's already several miles away. By the time they've gotten to the point EA (and Konami) are at now, they'll have moved further away.  And there's always the fact that even when Konami did provide a better product to play, people still stuck with EA.  A new developer would have to bring a product that was fun to play, with a satisfying presentation, with something that brings them above the experienced developers.  Given that, I'm not convinced we'll ever see someone take that risk.

On 11/05/2022 at 09:06, Richey Edwards said:

Used to love going Airdrie in that despite the fact we had blue kits and Alan Gow was cutting about with a baldy.

Just now, KD1711 said:

Used to love going Airdrie in that despite the fact we had blue kits and Alan Gow was cutting about with a baldy.

Ayr's kit in TIF2002 was like the previous seasons with the black and white the wrong way round. I used to just edit it to the way it should be.

I received the game for my 12th birthday and did not even know that Ayr were in it. You can imagine what 12 year old me's reaction was to discovering Ayr were in the game.

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Going in with a two footed lunge on Larsson as revenge for real real goals was worth the reds.

Do you ever remember Red Card soccer? You used to be able to fly kick folk in the face and no free kicks would be given.

31 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Do you ever remember Red Card soccer? You used to be able to fly kick folk in the face and no free kicks would be given.

Sadly not, sounds brilliant.

The only other mental one I mind is Adidas Power Soccer

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Sadly not, sounds brilliant.

The only other mental one I mind is Adidas Power Soccer

Is that the one where they had the promo video for the fingersave gloves? Used to always play that then watch Football Italia on a Sunday at my nanas, memories!

On 11/05/2022 at 11:56, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I downloaded FIFA 22 since it was on PS Plus and I almost deleted it immediately after that awful intro in Paris. I thought it was never going to end.

Rest of the game isn't any better. Can't believe people paid upwards of £60 for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded this on PS plus a couple of weeks ago after getting a PS5 and was actually really enjoying it (FIFA 17 was the last one I played and had never bothered with FUT before), this was until last night where I seemed to lose the little bit of ability I had, all my players have the feeling of running through treacle compared to the opposition who can cut open my defence with one pass almost every time.
I know the biggest problem is that I'm generally abit shite at it but it's bloody annoying me now!

5 hours ago, spud131 said:

Downloaded this on PS plus a couple of weeks ago after getting a PS5 and was actually really enjoying it (FIFA 17 was the last one I played and had never bothered with FUT before), this was until last night where I seemed to lose the little bit of ability I had, all my players have the feeling of running through treacle compared to the opposition who can cut open my defence with one pass almost every time.
I know the biggest problem is that I'm generally abit shite at it but it's bloody annoying me now!

I breezed through to div 6 in rivals then hit a brick wall that consists of fucking 90 rated players everywhere and i havent got one of them, most of my team arent above 85 so its spankings galore, resigned to playing squad battles for now 

Been trying to unlock as many player packs as possible so been doing plenty of challenges and trying to hit milestones etc.
Just started one there whereby I was to win X amount of FUT live friendlies with silver only players (the live friendlies has a specific comp for silver only players), first game I get spanked 5-1and it turns out the guy I'm playing somehow has a midfield duo of De Bruyne and Pogba whilst I'm fielding a team of journeyman Portuguese and Dutch players playing in the Greek and Japanese leagues!

21 hours ago, spud131 said:

Been trying to unlock as many player packs as possible so been doing plenty of challenges and trying to hit milestones etc.
Just started one there whereby I was to win X amount of FUT live friendlies with silver only players (the live friendlies has a specific comp for silver only players), first game I get spanked 5-1and it turns out the guy I'm playing somehow has a midfield duo of De Bruyne and Pogba whilst I'm fielding a team of journeyman Portuguese and Dutch players playing in the Greek and Japanese leagues!

There was a run of special silver cards which had those two in it amongst other well known players, think they were some sort of flashback cards.