FIFA 22

mrpaddyx

15 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Still got none :(

I'm currently grinding through upgrade packs before 6 to see if I can nab one.

Any luck before 6? 

Last year I gutted my whole club doing the upgrades but I never bothered this year! 

Not playing champs this weekend. Still had to finish the squad battles stuff for the swaps tokens. Finished last night and got mid Nedved. Meh.

I'm just going to save up for a TOTY Messi now. 

Screenshot_20220205-083930_Companion.jpg

3 hours ago, robosaintee said:

Any luck before 6? 

Last year I gutted my whole club doing the upgrades but I never bothered this year! 

Not playing champs this weekend. Still had to finish the squad battles stuff for the swaps tokens. Finished last night and got mid Nedved. Meh.

I'm just going to save up for a TOTY Messi now. 

Screenshot_20220205-083930_Companion.jpg

Sadly not, I even bought an Ultimate pack with coins and barely got anything.

The only upgrades i've managed to my team through TOTY are doing the Dest SBC (who is really good) and adding Honourable Mentions Insigne to my bench.

Never mind, some of the Future Stars look really good!

I tried to get through enough Swaps tokens to at least pick up a couple of packs, but jesus that was a fucking tedious evening.  Went with the online ones rather than Squad Battles, as I don't think I had enough players in the club to meet many of the latter.  Friendlies really is a fucking woeful place at times. I know having the objectives in Rivals brought its own issues, but I long for those days again.  At least when the games were shite there you at least got to play out a decent amount of games and felt like you were achieving something else other than the objective.  Instead you're clawing towards awkward objectives while everyone pauses the game trying to get you to quit.  

On 30/01/2022 at 00:27, the_bully_wee said:

I've opened about 50 saved packs ranging from premium gold players to 85+ x10 and 83+ x25 and the best I've had was Insigne - utter toilet, but I wasn't expecting anything different.

I've been running a cheap team all year and refusing to get into the Mbappe/Neymar nonsense. Sold virtually every coin I could muster to some bloke for the thick end of 300 quid a few weeks back and thus will be going untradeable or cheap until the end of the year. Last week was my first week playing a fully untradeable team in Champs (ft. 74 rated WW Diallo at CDM) and I was a ballhair away from Rank 1. Rank 3 this week though after being completely schooled by God squads with Varane in my last two games.

Forgot to come back in here after the next day, which saw me pack both Neymar and TOTY Dias (untradeable) in back to back packs in the last five of about a hundred packs opened during that week. Dias is unbelievable, even better than Varane who I used my fodder up on. Neymar hasn't been great for me so far, but is a big step up on both Icardi and Ben Yedder who I was tossing up between previously. Completed Paqueta as soon as I packed Neymar for links, who's a bit clunky but essential for chemistry. Squad is looking like this, with only Ederson and David tradeable: 

17eea7fc98011-screenshotUrl.thumb.jpg.29c083dd42171384456e0e1cc7ee81b1.jpg

In even happier news, the massive price spike of in forms last night meant that my early-cycle strategy of picking up discard IFs paid off big time; made 2m last night, which I'll be selling on again. Almost £400 made from coin sales in this game already 😂

Think it says a lot that this years thread is at 17 pages and this date last year the FIFA 21 thread was around page 70... Even if you want to blame lockdowns for the large recent threads, the FIFA 19 thread was around 65 pages long at this point 😂

Any time I load this game to actually play it it makes me miserable. Unfortunately I am a slut for icon swaps so I'm back for a couple of weeks to smash these out. Just spent 20k coins on two silver Argentines from the Portuguese league to double up objectives and I hate it. 

Icon Swaps being back just depresses me.  I know I should get involved, as it's something I really, really enjoyed in previous years.  But f**k me, I really can't be arsed with everything that goes along with it.  Will likely skip for a few weeks until things calm down.

On 22/02/2022 at 00:25, Dave said:

Think it says a lot that this years thread is at 17 pages and this date last year the FIFA 21 thread was around page 70... Even if you want to blame lockdowns for the large recent threads, the FIFA 19 thread was around 65 pages long at this point 😂

Any time I load this game to actually play it it makes me miserable. Unfortunately I am a slut for icon swaps so I'm back for a couple of weeks to smash these out. Just spent 20k coins on two silver Argentines from the Portuguese league to double up objectives and I hate it. 

I'm still playing, just not the same volume as previous years. It probably helps that last year I was working for home and could grind Champs until the early hours of the morning without consequence. Regarding this forum I check this page every couple of days but if no-one else is commenting I don't say much. No point just talking to yourself!!!

The FIFA games are nice and extremely popular. However, I don't see the point in paying the full price every time just for a small update. For example, you can find platforms like https://www.cdkeysforgames.com/games/steam-games/fifa-22/ and not only that, keep you updated with the lowest prices the game has, and you'll remain shocked by how different the prices are. With the years, you'll understand why it's important to buy games at a lower price and why there is no point in spending that much money on them.

Edited by Lov66

My last post in this thread was February 6th and I don't think I've even switched fifa on since then. I was getting to the point where the gameplay was a chore and finding quite stressful. Its supposed to be fun, FFS.

Been playing football manager since then and having a great time. Can't see me ever coming back to playing regularly this year.