FIFA 22

mrpaddyx

Unfortunately I've had to scrap my career mode. I've hit the point where game is now only generating youth players with skinny arms and no numbers. Ruins part of the fun of a youth academy career.

Apparently it's been raised thousands of times with EA but they haven't even acknowledged the bug.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Team of the year starts tomorrow and the hype is unreal in this topic as we haven't had a post since the 11th of January lol

I think its just becoming too obvious that the promos are 100% pack sellers tbh. 

There's no doubt Mbappe and Messi are great. Have they had better years than Salah?

And how tf is Hakimi in the TOTY? 

Spoiler: Its cause he's quick and OP. 

Ronaldo being the 12th man is just blatantly to sell packs, no hiding it. 

On the flip side, I am enjoying the game more, funnily enough because I am playing it less and not stressing about getting every objective card like previous years. Once you f**k the FOMO, its a more enjoyable game.

14 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

Can anyone explain why cards aren't rated at the average of the 6 cover stats? For example that Kante isn't 90?

EA's magic formula !

Or probably it's to do with certain stats being more valuable for the position and weighted as such.

It's definitely the most packable TOTY they've ever had.

I packed Messi untradeable last night from the ligue 1 upgrades and then within the hour one of my mates packed Lewandowski and Donnarumma while another mate packed Hakimi. None bought with FIFA points.

Edited by #Gary

Anyone with any luck today? I'd saved about 60 packs of various sizes and kept them till today as I uninstalled the game at the beginning of the week because I was so fed up with it 😂. Got Jorginho and Hakimi TOTY, and got duplicates of Insigne and Bonucci honourable mentions, as well as a ton of fodder. I'll probably reinstall to see how I get on and may even try my new look team in rivals but that'll probably lead to another swift uninstall. It's definitely the most packable TOTY as mentioned above, I'd never packed any TOTY players and got two today and know plenty of folk in a similar position. 

Here's my team now. Although my club is still full of rare golds and common golds after opening so many packs so will probably kick the arse out of upgrades for the next week. 

Managed to complete Varane just with stuff from my club after opening all my packs.

Screenshot_20220129-100142_Companion.jpg

I got David out of the first ligue 1 pack I did last night and just had Mendy there the now too. My base or mid from icon swaps was utterly tragic though, baby Shevchenko was really worth all that squad battles 😂

My team is sitting like this(with David in the squad who might get a run over Icardi). I actually got red Hernandez from elite division rewards so he’s gone in for Carlos. Done the 84,85 and 88 for Varane so just a case of working towards the 86 and 87 rated squads.

7408D753-1A89-4843-BF8B-C7FA34E93673.thumb.jpeg.6f85d2326624cf93f09dd9f4c450bd11.jpeg

Edited by Sauzee#4

I've opened about 50 saved packs ranging from premium gold players to 85+ x10 and 83+ x25 and the best I've had was Insigne - utter toilet, but I wasn't expecting anything different.

I've been running a cheap team all year and refusing to get into the Mbappe/Neymar nonsense. Sold virtually every coin I could muster to some bloke for the thick end of 300 quid a few weeks back and thus will be going untradeable or cheap until the end of the year. Last week was my first week playing a fully untradeable team in Champs (ft. 74 rated WW Diallo at CDM) and I was a ballhair away from Rank 1. Rank 3 this week though after being completely schooled by God squads with Varane in my last two games.

17 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

I've opened about 50 saved packs ranging from premium gold players to 85+ x10 and 83+ x25 and the best I've had was Insigne - utter toilet, but I wasn't expecting anything different.

I've been running a cheap team all year and refusing to get into the Mbappe/Neymar nonsense. Sold virtually every coin I could muster to some bloke for the thick end of 300 quid a few weeks back and thus will be going untradeable or cheap until the end of the year. Last week was my first week playing a fully untradeable team in Champs (ft. 74 rated WW Diallo at CDM) and I was a ballhair away from Rank 1. Rank 3 this week though after being completely schooled by God squads with Varane in my last two games.

If you can get over the fact that he is 4ft 2" and has zero physical presence, Insigne is actually really good.

15 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

If you can get over the fact that he is 4ft 2" and has zero physical presence, Insigne is actually really good.

He does look a nice card, but he just doesn't fit in at all for me sadly. Shooting is a bit sub standard as well and I've already got plenty of untradeable attacking super subs, so he'll likely end up in the Varane SBC. Very mixed feelings from a moral standpoint about using Varane but I can do him pretty much for free and he looks absolutely incredible. Big upgrade on Kimpembe who is, himself, more than a bit broken.

On another note, I did eventually pack a TOTY earlier on today, but it was of course Donnarumma. Tradeable, though, so another 230k into the coffers. Now to see if there are any more mugs willing to pay for coins 😂

I packed Marquinhos earlier in the week which netted a nice 1.5m, so changed up my shite rare gold La Liga team and returned to the delights of Serie A.  Managed to put together a pretty decent team for around 600k, then got lucky getting both Insigne and Chiesa from the Serie A upgrades (saved me a few hundred k).  Also managed to get Donnarruma to sit at the back, now wondering just how much I should put in to try and get Jorginho.

Fucking EA, man. They've got me again.

17 hours ago, robosaintee said:

Packed another TOTY from the premier league sbc tonight. Four packed this year for me. 

I've not really touched the upgrade sbcs bar recycling duplicates. Its definitely easier to pack them this year!

20220203_232113.jpg

Still got none :(

I'm currently grinding through upgrade packs before 6 to see if I can nab one.