FIFA 22

mrpaddyx

Behave, ladies. Though I would say that you can't really expect to get good rewards at all from Rank 3, which is attainable by losing more games than you win. I've had about 30 red picks this year, finished Rank 1 the vast majority of weekends and only this week did I get a pick which was either properly useable or over 86 rated - Bernardo Silva, who doesn't fit my team at all. The best rating I've had from ultimate packs in rewards is a fodder 86 as well, Skriniar I believe. Don't even have a Roberto Carlos to console myself with either

Won Division 1 in seasons back to back for the first time, giving me a record of 72-7-13, but f**k me, what an absolute disaster this game is. It’s the worst football game I think I’ve ever played. Everything is broken. Due to the AI and player switching, centre halves are as well not being there. It takes ten minutes for central midfielders to pass. Interceptions aren’t a thing anymore. Goalkeepers are as well not being there. Tackling barely works. 

It’s just an absolute shite game. People say they don’t care about career mode anymore - they simply don’t care about the game play anymore. Until children and VL’s stop using their dads bank card to buy sticker packs or whatever it is for Ultimate Team, I’m afraid those who want to play football are shafted, and simply don’t have an alternative. Unfortunately EA know that as well.

On 29/11/2021 at 18:11, thomas said:

This no relegation has really annoyed me surely it must be turning fairly casual players away. Won 3 games in div 5 out of what must be about 20 and the vast majority have been pumpings, I never usually quit games but this time I'm giving up quickly as it's a clear waste of time playing on. It's a shame as I have mentioned it's a fun game when you get good even matches, I'll probably plod on playing as I'm not particularly into many other games though the free golf game I downloaded is getting more tempting.

So I kept plodding away playing this and not much has really changed other than packing Vieras icon and punting him for about 2.5 million, still getting routinely pumped as the players I'm getting matched with are miles ahead of me. I guess this also means I get matched with players in my division for friendlies as I'm about 10 games into that winter challenge player and managed 1 win and on a side note if someone is beating me but quits why don't I get the win by default? there's really no options in that game mode other than squad battles till the season resets. Might just try just playing standard seasons as at least I should be playing people on my level unless they've utterly messed that up.

After swearing I wouldn't get 22, I saw it on a decent discount and had vouchers sitting around so thought I'd take the plunge to have something to muck about with.  And...well, f**k me, it's in some state.  Booting into FUT and it's just a mess of things demanding attention, but very little real "content", just "stuff".  It's like Far Cry and the like, just filling maps with busy work and repetitive tasks to make sure that as many people as possible will never open another game again for fear of being left behind.  Don't want to do that?  That's cool, here's a million different ways to funnel you towards the store and packs.  I know that's not news to anyone, and maybe it's just me not having loaded up a FIFA game in almost a year, but it's just so cynical and blatant now.

Anyway, I've churned through a few of the advanced SBCs and the like, because as everyone swears, when you're a new account you're always going to get preferential treatment. Of course, utter bullshit, I'm getting f**k all.  Played a few Squad Battles games with my shite squad and they were alright I suppose, but suffer from the same problem SB has always had - it's so, so tedious.  Largely uninteresting AI playing in largely the same way in every single game.  Then one game of Rivals where I got treated to the usual shithousery.  I just have no desire in doing much more that actually involves playing games, and with the way my club is, if I want to compete I really have no option but to spend real money.  It's an absolute farce.

17 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Is crossing broken in this game? Or is it just me?

Every single cross is magnetically drawn to the keeper.

Unless you’re abusing the corner glitch, corners are pretty much useless most of the time this year

6 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Really wish  they would do away with the daft season progress rewards. Nobody wants fucking flags with owls on them. Get that shite on Fortnite. EA care more about shite animations to fit in with the kids than anything else.

It's weird with this stuff.  They seem absolutely intent on not going all-in on the cosmetics microtransactions stuff, instead giving it all away to everyone as part of progress.  With a bit of imagination and effort (which they admittedly seem allergic to) they could probably make a killing on cosmetics and redesign rewards so that they actually seem rewarding (emphasis on the seem, it's still EA after all).  Suspect the reality is that they're using this stuff to test the waters.  The time may come where they might have to move towards cosmetics, so at least this tells them what's popular.  

But you're right, it is absolute shite.  Never had any interest beyond kits.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

It's weird with this stuff.  They seem absolutely intent on not going all-in on the cosmetics microtransactions stuff, instead giving it all away to everyone as part of progress.  With a bit of imagination and effort (which they admittedly seem allergic to) they could probably make a killing on cosmetics and redesign rewards so that they actually seem rewarding (emphasis on the seem, it's still EA after all).  Suspect the reality is that they're using this stuff to test the waters.  The time may come where they might have to move towards cosmetics, so at least this tells them what's popular.  

But you're right, it is absolute shite.  Never had any interest beyond kits.

4/5 years ago was the peak. You got TOTW players which you could understand as it was a good idea because it was still attainable for casual players. Now you need to dedicate 3 or 4 nights every week to keep up with everything.

Kits were great because you could spend coins on retro kits for loads of teams as well. 

Bring back This is Football.

On 04/01/2022 at 19:28, Grant228 said:

Games not nearly as bad as is being made out on here, the best it's been in a few years and is more casual friendly, don't need to spend nearly as much time on it to keep up. 

Suppose it depends on your definition of casual, but I'd disagree with this.  I think, by design, it's never been less friendly to those that don't want to spend as much time.  Used to be you could play one mode and use that to unlock pretty much everything - rewards, objectives, general play - but now you're almost definitely going to have to get involved in 2 or 3 if you want the same.  

But as always, if you're enjoying it, it doesn't matter what moany c***s like me think, I'm glad you are.

On 05/01/2022 at 13:34, Brother Grimm said:

Yeah I enjoy it, play to my 7 wins in rivals and do the silver stars everyweek. Then work towards the milestones players, and I spend maybe 5 hours total on it and find it fun.

Aye this is what I do. 

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Suppose it depends on your definition of casual, but I'd disagree with this.  I think, by design, it's never been less friendly to those that don't want to spend as much time.  Used to be you could play one mode and use that to unlock pretty much everything - rewards, objectives, general play - but now you're almost definitely going to have to get involved in 2 or 3 if you want the same.  

But as always, if you're enjoying it, it doesn't matter what moany c***s like me think, I'm glad you are.

It's been getting progressively better for casuals for a few years, I can get the max rewards for rivals in 7 games, a few years back you'd need 30/40+, the number of games for wl has been reduced, the lack of fitness cards means you only need one team etc. 

Having the player objectives in friendlys is infinitely better than having them in rivals, you'd be stuck in a hell hole where you'd be ranking your rivals up with your strongest team, then a player objective would come out needing a first owned team to score 2 goals from a header or some such nonsense and you'd be playing against people just playing normally. Whereas now golden goal is fairly common. 

I done the silver stars in about 15 minutes this week, a few years ago that would've been three hours of frustration. 

This is the most I've enjoyed it for a while and I think it's because I'm simply not burnt out by it, I've done three weekend leagues maybe? But I've still got a good team, I enjoy doing the player objectives by and large and do decent sbcs when they come out. 

Edited by Grant228

I'm still plugging away. Playing champs every second week and not bothering with rivals some weeks to pick up objectives players which is keeping it fresh for me.

Gameplay wise, I'm doing really well. Went 14/4 this weekend in champs with a full untradable squad. 

150 odd packs saved for TOTY and 1.1 million in the bank to build a super team after!

Screenshot_20220109-001700_Companion.jpg

This is what I’m rolling with at the moment with my main team. It’s been mostly the same for a few months with the defence going unchanged since October and I’m still winning my 7 games on Rivals fairly easily.

I’ve got around 200 packs saved for Team of the Year so I’m hoping to upgrade a bit when those players come out. 

037FCF63-D712-451D-8FF5-AB11494FCD05.jpeg