FIFA 22

mrpaddyx

It looks like EA are considering ditching the FIFA branding going forward.

https://www.ea.com/amp/news/fifa-22-and-the-future-of-football

I suppose that makes sense given how much it probably costs them to use the FIFA name, despite there being very little FIFA branded content in the games. FIFA isnt exactly a beloved organisation either.

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I suppose that makes sense given how much it probably costs them to use the FIFA name, despite there being very little FIFA branded content in the games. FIFA isnt exactly a beloved organisation either.

I have an idea, how about eFootball?

Also if you're going to immediately quit a game of friendlies you might as well score an og first.

Now onto 6 games in a row this has happened.

The 7th let me score then quit.

Edited by thomas

9 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's just them flexing because FIFPro have affiliated with a new football game (UFL) that hands that game player likenesses. Just EA trying to bully a potential competitor out the market.

On 06/10/2021 at 22:48, RandomGuy. said:

Thread has nothing to persuade me to buy this game tbh, last year was the first FIFA I'd not bothered with in like a decade.

Career mode is, presumably still a buggy mess than implodes after a season or two, while UT is clearly headed towards the stage where everyone have 90+ squads after the first week, with those chucking £100+ the ones getting the best players (with a couple of exceptions), while anyone who either doesn't buy the game instantly, or spend money on it, having a pointless grind of weeks to just reach that stage, by which point there will already be 300+ overpowered special cards which have killed gameplay.

Pretty much how I see it too. Could have had a lot of folks business after the e-football farce but I just can't buy into this.

I prefer offline modes so this certainly isn't for me. 

I'm 5-1 so far. Haven't noticed a difference in quality from rivals or playoffs so far. Playing a high depth on my defence which seems to be effective at stopping counter attacks early without getting caught out.

Aye, servers have been horrendous. Conceded a goal due to speed up lag and I couldn't control any players for 15 seconds whilst it caught  up. I'm on a wired connection so its definitely not at my end.

Was expecting it to be harder now that qualifying is harder, tbh. Maybe get my arse kicked at a higher elo though if I win a couple more.

I'm 10-1 myself, a couple of tight games today but plenty of really early rage quits and I'd say over the piece my record is about spot on. Surprised to have started so well, and even the one I did lose I was simply out-teamed in against Mbappe, Kante etc (one of the few guys I've played so far who's done such cards any justice). Connection has been a touch better for me in the second lot of games I've played this evening and hopefully I'll be in a fit enough state to convert this strong start into a Rank II finish come Sunday. I do quite like the new format overall, had it still been a straight 30 at the weekend I'd probably not have bothered whatsoever but I might find myself entering a few WLs when time/boredom permits this year. The rewards are pretty decent, and combined with the play-off ones represent a pretty big upgrade. I'm still not sure what the script is with red picks, though (can anyone explain?) - not that I expect to ever get anyone remotely decent. 

I said previous to this game coming out that I had no intention of buying it due to the time you need to put in. I did however download the companion app and having been fucking about with that and somehow built a reasonable starter team due to completing the starter sbc’s and gold upgrades.
I have been doing the 7.5k preview packs most days and like a poster above, packed Mbappe. I sold him for 1.6mill so I’ve got that in my club yet don’t have the game yet. [emoji1]

I said previous to this game coming out that I had no intention of buying it due to the time you need to put in. I did however download the companion app and having been fucking about with that and somehow built a reasonable starter team due to completing the starter sbc’s and gold upgrades.
I have been doing the 7.5k preview packs most days and like a poster above, packed Mbappe. I sold him for 1.6mill so I’ve got that in my club yet don’t have the game yet. [emoji1]

I only had time to get to 8 wins which still gets you a 100k pack and a premium totw pack. Best card from the 100k pack was Morata 🙄

Managed to qualify for next weeks champs last night.  Started by losing three in a row though! Was struggling a bit but switched to a 4321 which I seem to be creating more chances with.

Screenshot_20211012-070713_Companion.jpg

7 hours ago, robosaintee said:

I only had time to get to 8 wins which still gets you a 100k pack and a premium totw pack. Best card from the 100k pack was Morata 🙄

Managed to qualify for next weeks champs last night.  Started by losing three in a row though! Was struggling a bit but switched to a 4321 which I seem to be creating more chances with.

Screenshot_20211012-070713_Companion.jpg

How is that Benzema card? I’ve got 200k liquid but some cards in the club I could use to complete him…

Im first owner all the way this year. Won’t play anyone unless I pack them. 

9E3DDD47-E0A0-4219-B97B-58D869C8B867.png

18 hours ago, Wardy said:

How is that Benzema card? I’ve got 200k liquid but some cards in the club I could use to complete him…

Im first owner all the way this year. Won’t play anyone unless I pack them. 

9E3DDD47-E0A0-4219-B97B-58D869C8B867.png

Enjoying him! Was going to say you may as well try his gold card first but won't be able to unless you pack him I suppose!

If you're currently using griezmann up top he's not exactly rapid and you'll also get a better weak foot with Benzema. His finishing is brilliant!

1 hour ago, robosaintee said:

Enjoying him! Was going to say you may as well try his gold card first but won't be able to unless you pack him I suppose!

If you're currently using griezmann up top he's not exactly rapid and you'll also get a better weak foot with Benzema. His finishing is brilliant!

I actually do have Benzema that I got from marquee matchups last week, but just haven’t got round to trying him yet. He would probably go into the POTM one though. 😂

I really like Griezmann on this game, his dribbling is great, and his finesse shots are still deadly!