FIFA 22

mrpaddyx

On 27/09/2021 at 10:04, forameus said:

I've got them set up in the house, as f**k knows how the guy who built the house did it.  Weird dead spots, certain walls fine for signal passing through, others struggling.  I set up the ORBI one that gives you ethernet ports on it, one through the wall in the big living room (inches away from the router, but through the mystery wall), one upstairs then one where the desktop's set up so we don't need to rely on the wifi.  Gets a decent signal wherever you are, decently portable so you can set it up where you need it, and lets you hardwire it if you need to.

Cracked it. A bit cheaper than the ORBI option as well.

The PS5's Wi-Fi is obviously pretty terrible. I bought a fairly cheap Wi-Fi extender, set it up and plugged it in the wall directly next to where the PS5 is, ran an ethernet cable from the extender into the PS5 and the lag has completely disappeared. 

So a thirty quid extender has better Wi-Fi than a 500 quid console.

Not sure if I’m sold on the game at all yet. Last year the in thing was to moan about autoblocks, but I genuinely think they’re worse this year.

Got a lot of fodder to punt on the transfer list but I’m holding for now because am I f**k punting 88s for 7k.

Distinctly average teams so far below

56CA6E99-730D-42E0-8285-2E2F66BE622A.thumb.jpeg.2b58dda1b64e1c065e5f4bdf0c68b9b7.jpeg1030AF60-A5A9-4BF6-9C40-91F9344B96B2.thumb.jpeg.0cc39e3a956172007b4adc00903d19d7.jpegCE0376FF-CFDA-496B-8A32-91D5E4840E21.thumb.jpeg.d3da7632896f8385e1c302dac6cc2ebb.jpeg2A95D671-1C32-4EF5-BFC1-4556C057955F.thumb.jpeg.5fc6106fbfee2f5d34c0b748a99218d7.jpeg

Edited by Sauzee#4

19 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Honestly had not anticipated having this good a team this early on. Packing Varane and a few others has been almost invaluable.

656B16CF-B28A-4D50-B25F-4A8F4DCE4D0F.jpeg

D345B87D-E489-44D3-9015-AAB42D14137C.jpeg

that team is solid, i was aiming for something similar however packing Kante, Lukaku and Walker makes it a no brainer to sit on them and go EPL for the time being. 

Have to be close to 1.3 mil if i liquidate my squad, never been in this position before prior to a full game release. Dunno wtf to do.

Every game i play squads are pretty solid so figuring pack weights must be adjusted to compensate for the reduction in value of rivals rewards and champs being really tough to qualify for. 

This is what I’m rolling with at the moment. I’m tempted to sell Varane and invest in Bruno and KDB for my midfield but it’s been good enough get through Rivals unscathed so far so I might hold off for a while. 

41BEF49D-CF48-44CD-B8D3-EFE2D6D7794F.thumb.jpeg.557b2a95dbed72cb9d590ca7b506fa57.jpeg

Edited by mrpaddyx

I always find the FUT market rather confusing, Varane going for 320k but Dias only going for 16K is quite the difference for want of 20 pace. I see that Franck Kessie is this years Nainggolan as far as Serie A is concerned. I actually think Nainggolan might be very good considering he is only costing 700.

On 29/09/2021 at 14:58, Mr. Brightside said:

I always find the FUT market rather confusing, Varane going for 320k but Dias only going for 16K is quite the difference for want of 20 pace. I see that Franck Kessie is this years Nainggolan as far as Serie A is concerned. I actually think Nainggolan might be very good considering he is only costing 700.

if you look at Skriniar in Serie A he pretty much matches Varane in stats but is 300k less. 

Some value in Serie A tbh, Kessie is a beast, Chiesa is great and to see Mertens at 5k at the start of any Fifa is wild.

Just made it into Div 5 and qualified for the playoffs. I'm predicting this to be painful

Edited by Jinky67

The hell have they done to defending this year? My defenders wander around and out of position like they're participating in Upper Class Twit of the Year... Meanwhile the AI opposition defence is like Michael Caine and pals defending against the Zulus

Also noted that the AI's main strategy is a powered low cross.. obviously didn't like us abusing it soo much in previous games

7 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

The hell have they done to defending this year? My defenders wander around and out of position like they're participating in Upper Class Twit of the Year... Meanwhile the AI opposition defence is like Michael Caine and pals defending against the Zulus

Also noted that the AI's main strategy is a powered low cross.. obviously didn't like us abusing it soo much in previous games

Came on to post similar, cannot defend to save my life. Players seem to have a habit of parting like the red sea. 

Definitely don't score as many as in previous years, current stats:

Screenshot_20211001-094719_Xbox.jpg

14 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

I think the bigger issue is player switching tbh. Spend about ten seconds trying to switch in to a CB as the game refuses to let it happen. Boom. Goal.

1 hour ago, Sauzee#4 said:

I think the bigger issue is player switching tbh. Spend about ten seconds trying to switch in to a CB as the game refuses to let it happen. Boom. Goal.

Player switching and every shot getting blocked are my two biggest gripes. Dodgy keepers as well, but that's pretty standard.

On 24/09/2021 at 22:26, Mr. Brightside said:

Would anyone be kind enough to explain how you would get Antonio Di Natale in this? He's my favourite player of all time and my have single-handedly convinced me to get the game, if he's relatively easy to achieve or pack.

https://www.futbin.com/22/player/314/antonio-di-natale

He is currently in packs and but extinct on the open market with a Price Range estimate of up to 850K. (On PS)

Looks a beast of a card though.

Edited by mrpaddyx

Bought this one, first since FIFA 19. Not much of an online player, all I require is squad updates and the graphics to improve slightly to be happy and play casually.

Utterly scunnered by how much I am disappointed in this game so far in my first impressions. Graphics are somehow worse after 3 years, models have gotten even simpler for players which is quite frankly pathetic, and nothing I can see has improved. Was aware of the reputation this series has for lack of improvement, but f**k me.

Will give it more time, but thoroughly unimpressed so far.

Seeing as I can't complain in my WhatsApp chat I'm going to have to vent here.

Folk not doing golden goal any more in friendlies is incredibly disappointing. But not as disappointing as realising that red cards now count in friendlies. Genuinely what's the point in that??