FIFA 22

mrpaddyx

On 30/08/2021 at 19:32, Empty It said:

The pay to win crowd in early then, must be so satisfying spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds on a fictional currency just to beat someone on fifa.

They literally gave everyone a free pack with like 12x 90+ rated players...

I'm more struggling to understand why anyone had to use a 65 rated keeper in the Beta, unless they just didn't know how ultimate team actually worked? I played about a total 3 hours over the whole beta period and had 400k coins and a 92 rated team. 

• 2 weeks later...

First time in a long time that I won’t be buying a version of FIFA. I don’t know if it’s just me getting older but I’ve lost interest in playing my PS4 now a days bar the odd game of cod.

Too much time and effort is needed for fifa ut to keep up with the curve and I for one, can’t be fucked with it.

Some new aspects to the game look promising though so could be a better game than 21.

3 hours ago, Toby Marsh said:

First time in a long time that I won’t be buying a version of FIFA. I don’t know if it’s just me getting older but I’ve lost interest in playing my PS4 now a days bar the odd game of cod.

Too much time and effort is needed for fifa ut to keep up with the curve and I for one, can’t be fucked with it.

Some new aspects to the game look promising though so could be a better game than 21.

It's not just you.  The focus of the game has definitely changed, and it's geared towards making sure it takes as much of your time as possible with busy work, while taking away or lessening the bits that were actually enjoyable.  I know I'll probably cave at some point and buy it, but absolutely no plans to get it on release.

On 13/08/2021 at 14:08, Jinky67 said:

Got a beta code for Ultimate Team and Kick off. 

Few obvious changes 

• YOLO 40 yard through balls seem to be ineffective
  • Skills moves now seem to be more dependent on a players stats. Tried a heel to heel with Troy Deeney and the ball ended up 20 years away 
  • 2nd man press seems a little OP
  • Keepers are toilet
  • There is a notable difference in pace between a player who should be quick and one who isn't, as notable a difference as i can remember. 
  • New Rivals and Champs ladder system looks like it will offer players a much better balance

Almost certain this was exactly the same as last year.

Once they've sucked you in it'll revert to the usual pace based, exploit filled, mess that gets the wee gimps spending £500 to get Mbappe. Usually just the first couple of patches that send it that way.

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Almost certain this was exactly the same as last year.

Once they've sucked you in it'll revert to the usual pace based, exploit filled, mess that gets the wee gimps spending £500 to get Mbappe. Usually just the first couple of patches that send it that way.

It's not even so much money at this point, but also the time.  With the repeatable SBCs they've got out in 21 now, there's people saying they've done them hundreds of times.  And no exaggeration, there's ways to check exactly, and there's people happily admitting they did the same SBC over 300 times in order to get a card for a game that's obsolete in a couple of weeks.

It's just...sad.  It's like looking into the bookies and seeing the same jakie sadly putting another coin into the puggie.

With PES being dead, I had a shot of the trial on XB1 hoping for something half decent, but unfortunately it's still seems like the same mediocre game it's been forever. I'll play a bit more to get my 10 hours worth, but I doubt I'll buy the full game until it's discounted heavily.

Aye, the first few weeks is definitely the best part of fifa.

Played one game online tonight against a guy who already had a full bundesliga team with Haaland and Lewandowski up front. He rage quit at 2-0 thanks to some glorious football from my erdedivise jobbers. 

I don't like the pack animation and I've genuinely got no idea how fut champs and rivals work. I'll need to read up on that!

The teams that folk have already are frightening. Third game in, using a non-rare team I put together for 6k, I came up against a guy with Sterling, Alisson and a bunch of the more OP PL starter players (Ake, Raphinha, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc). It's been a similar theme since, even just played guys with Van Dijk (200k+). What planet are these boys living on?

I've never really understood the "Road to Glory" patter, especially when you see folk saying they have a "RTG account" as how the f**k do you have the time to play on multiple accounts, but I suppose that's because I got over my FIFA points addiction after FIFA 14. Hopefully more people realise it's absolutely not worth it. 

This is usually the best time of year imo where folk are just getting started, using what they've got & lower rated players that you don't see as often. Going to make a Scotland team to use for squad battles and will see how my packs go for an online squad but in no rush to play rivals. 

Edit: I will say so far I've actually enjoyed the gameplay in the few squad battles & online friendlies I've played. I'm sure that will change soon. And I hate the new pack opening sequence.

Edited by Dave

Played about ten games all in now. Gameplay's a bit slower. You need to build up an attack more and skill moves seem pretty useless. Quite enjoying it. Manual defending seems a bit more rewarding and centre backs will actually muscle a quick striker of the ball if you get side by side which i really like.

Got a pretty decent la liga team on the go for a change. Like the idea of everyone starting in division 10. Only played 4 rivals games but I've had 4 comfortable wins and up to division 9.

Fut champs rewards look outrageous but its going to be a pain in the arse to even qualify  by the looks of things.

11 hours ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Ever since I've moved over to PS5 the lag I'm getting online is making the game unplayable.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing it. 

I had this precise problem back when I got my PS5, too, with occasional lag on some other games but regular spells of absolutely crippling lag on FIFA. After trying all sorts, including the modestly successful switch of Wi-Fi band on the PS5, I ended up just buying an ethernet cable which has completely solved the problem. Any time I've used Wi-Fi with the console since, I've experienced similar issues, so I think it's something to do with the Wi-Fi receiver in the actual console. If you can work an ethernet cable in with minimal fuss (I bought a flat one and ran it under the carpets and carpet splitters from router to console), then I would recommend going for that - any connection issues or spots of lag I've had with a wired connection have been because of the router/ISP, and downloads are now comparatively rapid.

After about 6 hours of play, I'm not sure what to make of this FIFA; I appreciate a slower pace and more methodical build-up, but it feels a little too 'PES' and I really don't think the general low-scoring nature of it (unless you've mastered the broken lobbed through balls and 30-yard finesse shots) will resonate well with much of the player base. I think we'll see significant early patches to raise the effectiveness of skill moves. Contrary to the above, the best players I've played against have almost exclusively utilised a deep and narrow defence with drop back, and simply picked up from the worst spell of last year's game when the best method of defending was to manually control defensive midfielders and leave a parked-bus back four untouched until absolutely necessary. When the vast majority of folk already have a full complement of 90+ pace defenders to add to that tactic, it's making for an incredibly infuriating experience, and I'm finding myself continually done on the counter because I'm trying to play on the front foot and my 75-pace centre backs are left exposed to aforementioned through balls, and extremely pacy/pricy attackers. I always try to play a narrow 4-4-2 diamond in FIFA when it's competitive, but I'm going to have to change to a wider formation to compete with the game, and my team, in their current states. In saying that, I'm really quite exhausted by UT in general nowadays given the amount of folk who very transparently spend hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds annually to pay to win. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Would anyone be kind enough to explain how you would get Antonio Di Natale in this? He's my favourite player of all time and my have single-handedly convinced me to get the game, if he's relatively easy to achieve or pack.

It's a hero card, which I don't think will be in packs just yet. You would either get lucky and get him in a pack or use coins and buy him. I'd imagine they will be hideously expensive at the start but will drop in price over the course of the game.