Catering and Hospitality

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Never seen anyone overdosed on pies causing trouble in a football ground as a result. Personally I hope we never return to having alcohol on general sale in football stadiums. There's absolutely no need for it.

You sound like a right miserable b*****d.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I realise it isn’t about crowd numbers. I was using that as an example of an across the board rule centrally set that was tweaked according to particular circumstances by the local council.

Exactly. 

Pretty pathetic that guys like Skyline Drifter  have such an outdated, simplistic view on it.

That's ok, you sound like the sort of arse who can't get through two hours of football without beer. [emoji6]
They put football on tv for the likes of you to sit in pubs and watch it.
What has "getting through two hours of football" got to do with anything?

27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's ok, you sound like the sort of arse who can't get through two hours of football without beer. 😉

tenor.gif

Two absolutely abysmal takes in quick succession. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Imagine being right next door to England, of all fanbases, and thinking that in 2021 we cant possibly Police a pint at the game effectively, when the same policing/stewarding resources have to control the same crowd who, should they wish to get blind drunk, can batter in 5 pints in the half hour before KO and barrel into the ground at 15:01

Still, a few arsehokes cause trouble at nightclubs, might aswell ban the choice to have an alcoholic beverage there too, since if you cant go a few hours without drink you must be a pure bam hahahahah

It is more than a little interesting that in ‘Murica they happily sell “beer”* and mixed drinks in stadia with little issue, even in “violent” sports like hockey and American football. Simply having a cutoff point and reasonable enforcement of no selling to the obvious drunk seems to work reasonably well.

*I use that term advisedly.

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
50 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
That's ok, you sound like the sort of arse who can't get through two hours of football without beer. emoji6.png

What has "getting through two hours of football" got to do with anything?

As a fan of a team whose recent form has encouraged drinking…

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

So you think a blanket ban is fine then? 

You think that at say Kilmarnock vs Inverness you shouldn't be able to have the option of a beer inside the stadium? Long history of fan disorder at that fixture eh.

I was at England vs Scotland. Had a beer at half time yet up in Scotland I couldn't even get a capri sun. 

I was at Millwall vs Leeds a few years back. Got a beer at HT yet cant in Scotland as folk with CARRY OUTS couldnt behave at a scottish cup final. 

If you think there should be a blanket ban up here 41 years later then you are port of the problem and not the solution. 

Can booze at the boxing and I've seen far more trouble at boxing matches over the years than in football stadiums.

Seems like I've touched a nerve here judging by some of the responses.

However yes I do think a blanket ban is correct, because if they don't the inevitable howls of derision from certain teams will ensue.

People in grounds can't behave today, never mind 41 years ago. The potential return of booze in grounds ended after the 2016 cup final.

But whatever. If you're  desperate to pay for overpriced and warm Tennents from a paper cup then be my guest

I'm sure Dundee had a spell of selling low alcohol beer it never seemed to take off

I highly doubt you would have the demand to justify fitting kegs and pumps for 20 odd uses a year and whilst Celtic and Rangers are about it's likely we will see alcohol back in the ground and tbh would anyone really want a beer whilst, sat especially, in the freezing cold? I can't say I would, I'd rather have a cold drink in a nice warm pub and have a break and a warm drink in the bitter cold.

41 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Seems like I've touched a nerve here judging by some of the responses.

However yes I do think a blanket ban is correct, because if they don't the inevitable howls of derision from certain teams will ensue.

People in grounds can't behave today, never mind 41 years ago. The potential return of booze in grounds ended after the 2016 cup final.

But whatever. If you're  desperate to pay for overpriced and warm Tennents from a paper cup then be my guest

How many incidents have there been of people “not behaving” within grounds, in comparison to games that have taken place. 

I see you have noted one incident, out of however many thousands of games where alcohol wasn’t on sale and there were issues. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I'm sure Dundee had a spell of selling low alcohol beer it never seemed to take off

I highly doubt you would have the demand to justify fitting kegs and pumps for 20 odd uses a year and whilst Celtic and Rangers are about it's likely we will see alcohol back in the ground and tbh would anyone really want a beer whilst, sat especially, in the freezing cold? I can't say I would, I'd rather have a cold drink in a nice warm pub and have a break and a warm drink in the bitter cold.

You could just sell bottles like they do at gigs?

There’s no aggro at the rugby because it doesn’t matter who wins.

36 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You could just sell bottles like they do at gigs?

There’s no aggro at the rugby because it doesn’t matter who wins.

Yeh I'm not sure standing about a concrete concourse with a bottle of beer is going to make the football more of an attraction to people who wouldn't normally go. There are more ills of Scottish football that need to be tackled before beer in stadiums.

Anyway, Dunfermlines hospitality is open again after the Partick Thistle game.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Yeh I'm not sure standing about a concrete concourse with a bottle of beer is going to make the football more of an attraction to people who wouldn't normally go.

Been to plenty of games in England doing just this and it was a refreshing change. Also stopped most people from turning up to the game completely fucked.

18 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Been to plenty of games in England doing just this and it was a refreshing change. Also stopped most people from turning up to the game completely fucked.

Depends where you go, not attractive in Newcastle when you can get a £2 pint 5/10 mins walk from the stadium when it's like a fiver in the stadium.