Catering and Hospitality

I volunteered at the euros, got a decent explanation to why food kiosks were closed: food kiosks are areas of high traffic. They also have a big flat area where many hands will rest, and where food is placed. These two factors significantly increase the risk of transmission. Hence, kiosks closed (you should’ve seen the palaver at “coffee stations for volunteers”).

Hopefully that’s all by with now as I’m looking forward to comparing top flight pies with seaside pies.

4 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I volunteered at the euros, got a decent explanation to why food kiosks were closed: food kiosks are areas of high traffic. They also have a big flat area where many hands will rest, and where food is placed. These two factors significantly increase the risk of transmission. Hence, kiosks closed (you should’ve seen the palaver at “coffee stations for volunteers”).

Hopefully that’s all by with now as I’m looking forward to comparing top flight pies with seaside pies.

All true but surely with social distancing, face coverings and regular cleaning this shouldn’t have caused any issues?

I really don’t see how a pie stall is any different to a chippy operating with a hatch?

Lions vs Japan had food and beer being sold to folk and wasn’t an issue (other than the beer running out!) so I’d guess it’s another example of football being treated by a different measurement.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

All true but surely with social distancing, face coverings and regular cleaning this shouldn’t have caused any issues?

I really don’t see how a pie stall is any different to a chippy operating with a hatch?

Lions vs Japan had food and beer being sold to folk and wasn’t an issue (other than the beer running out!) so I’d guess it’s another example of football being treated by a different measurement.

Well most pie stalls are indoors inside a stand and involve lengthy social distance queuing with a captive football supporter market with no alternatives. Most chip shops running via a hatch presumably involve a dozen or so folk at most queuing in an outside location.

But yes, the compliance protocols enforced on football are certainly a higher standard than the general public in a number of areas. Completely understandable when it was necessary for football to be given an opportunity to continue during a general lockdown. Much harder to justify why we lag behind the public in amendments now. Plus the football rules inevitably have to largely work a 'one size fits all' approach. The JRG doesn't issue guidance on a club by club or even divisional basis, it's on an SPFL basis so if it doesn't work at Ibrox and Parkhead, it won't work for anyone else either, even if it in reality could.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

I volunteered at the euros, got a decent explanation to why food kiosks were closed: food kiosks are areas of high traffic. They also have a big flat area where many hands will rest, and where food is placed. These two factors significantly increase the risk of transmission.

Sounds like you need some restrictions on hookers too.

6 hours ago, mathematics said:

I volunteered at the euros, got a decent explanation to why food kiosks were closed: food kiosks are areas of high traffic. They also have a big flat area where many hands will rest, and where food is placed. These two factors significantly increase the risk of transmission. 

By how much? 

7 hours ago, mathematics said:

Weird rules in Scotland , I was at Wembley for the Scotland game where the stalls were open selling food , beer and cider 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Same.

Rules for sake of rules here at times.

Like the blanket ban of alcohol at football. 

No alcohol in grounds is hardly rules for the sake of rules

If anyone with a knowledge of Scottish Football and the behaviour of some of it's supporters, cannot see why alcohol in grounds won't be back any time soon, then they need to enlighten themselves. 

Also if someone can't go a couple of hours without an alcoholic drink, then they have a problem.

2 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

If anyone with a knowledge of Scottish Football and the behaviour of some of it's supporters, cannot see why alcohol in grounds won't be back any time soon, then they need to enlighten themselves. 

Also if someone can't go a couple of hours without an alcoholic drink, then they have a problem.

This is an utterly pish and irrelevant argument tbh. 

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well most pie stalls are indoors inside a stand and involve lengthy social distance queuing with a captive football supporter market with no alternatives. Most chip shops running via a hatch presumably involve a dozen or so folk at most queuing in an outside location.

But yes, the compliance protocols enforced on football are certainly a higher standard than the general public in a number of areas. Completely understandable when it was necessary for football to be given an opportunity to continue during a general lockdown. Much harder to justify why we lag behind the public in amendments now. Plus the football rules inevitably have to largely work a 'one size fits all' approach. The JRG doesn't issue guidance on a club by club or even divisional basis, it's on an SPFL basis so if it doesn't work at Ibrox and Parkhead, it won't work for anyone else either, even if it in reality could.

The JRG might have set the initial rule on eg the limit of 2,000 but it is the local councils that approved or declined applications for a greater number. Although, I am not sure if this was the same for the pie stalls.

4 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

So you think a blanket ban is fine then? 

You think that at say Kilmarnock vs Inverness you shouldn't be able to have the option of a beer inside the stadium? Long history of fan disorder at that fixture eh.

I was at England vs Scotland. Had a beer at half time yet up in Scotland I couldn't even get a capri sun. 

I was at Millwall vs Leeds a few years back. Got a beer at HT yet cant in Scotland as folk with CARRY OUTS couldnt behave at a scottish cup final. 

If you think there should be a blanket ban up here 41 years later then you are port of the problem and not the solution. 

Can booze at the boxing and I've seen far more trouble at boxing matches over the years than in football stadiums.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

4 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

You've lost the argument with that nonsense. 

Pretty sure you can watch golf, darts or rugby without a pint. Still get the option.

In fact you probably couldn't watch eight without one.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Pretty sure you can go to football without a pie too. Still get the option of buying one (unless sturgeon is on a power trip)

Never seen anyone overdosed on pies causing trouble in a football ground as a result. Personally I hope we never return to having alcohol on general sale in football stadiums. There's absolutely no need for it.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

The JRG might have set the initial rule on eg the limit of 2,000 but it is the local councils that approved or declined applications for a greater number. Although, I am not sure if this was the same for the pie stalls.

I don't think the JRG did set the rule, that comes from the Govt itself (I'm not 100% sure about this but the numbers seem to come from Nicola Sturgeon's announcements directly, not from any JRG circular). The JRG sets out the basis on which they can occupy and things like mask wearing inside stadiums, social distancing in stands and in changing rooms, etc and yes, whether and on what conditions catering / hospitality can open. The debate here isn't about crowd numbers.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't think the JRG did set the rule, that comes from the Govt itself (I'm not 100% sure about this but the numbers seem to come from Nicola Sturgeon's announcements directly, not from any JRG circular). The JRG sets out the basis on which they can occupy and things like mask wearing inside stadiums, social distancing in stands and in changing rooms, etc and yes, whether and on what conditions catering / hospitality can open. The debate here isn't about crowd numbers.

I realise it isn’t about crowd numbers. I was using that as an example of an across the board rule centrally set that was tweaked according to particular circumstances by the local council.

Imagine being right next door to England, of all fanbases, and thinking that in 2021 we cant possibly Police a pint at the game effectively, when the same policing/stewarding resources have to control the same crowd who, should they wish to get blind drunk, can batter in 5 pints in the half hour before KO and barrel into the ground at 15:01

Still, a few arsehokes cause trouble at nightclubs, might aswell ban the choice to have an alcoholic beverage there too, since if you cant go a few hours without drink you must be a pure bam hahahahah