Montrose v Clyde

3 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Watching this I am getting more and more frustrated that Danny Lennon thinks Jones is a better option than Love or Cunningham.I think the DL love affair is over.

Wait until you see the ending!

That was refreshing in the sense that I could only watch it not in full screen mode and had to keep refreshing the page. Terrible streaming compared to Diamonds TV last week when I was able to stream it to the telly with hardly any buffering.

As for losing two goals / points in two minutes which I couldn't really see because of the useless stream, just an absolute scunner.

No excuse for throwing away a two goal lead like that so late in the game. It is just plain sloppy and I hope the players get the message learnt ahead of next Saturday. Ragin'!

Will 100% take that result every day of the week. There is still a lot that needs to be done though to even make us compete in this league. New defence needed ASAP, hopefully Danny remembers that we can get loans in from other clubs. 1 point in the right direction today 🇾🇪

Not sure if complacency, or careless, or a bit of both, but that's two points tossed away. Infuriating, especially in a tight league with not much in it. 

I thought the Clyde fans on here were at it earlier about how poor their team is: they are quite limited and looked like they'd cave completely in the early second half (the second goal was comically bad), but hung on grimly while we failed to kill the game off. Just shows how you are never sunk until the final whistle goes.Plenty effort from the Mo, but at the risk of stating the obvious, an out and out striker would have buried the game well before the late calamity. Referee seemed all over the place - our penalty looked a touch soft, in fairness, and not convinced about the consistency in who was booked for what severity of foul. 

Test of character next week incoming against the fish.

Edited by Scorge

Dunno whether to laugh or cry after that. Should’ve been 5 up but for sloppy finishing and decent goalkeeping. Think the players got too cocky .. kept looking for more goals in the last 15 instead of shutting up shop and settling for what we had. Harsh lesson learned, hopefully.

15 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Dunno whether to laugh or cry after that. Should’ve been 5 up but for sloppy finishing and decent goalkeeping. Think the players got too cocky .. kept looking for more goals in the last 15 instead of shutting up shop and settling for what we had. Harsh lesson learned, hopefully.

We can’t defend set pieces. Something for Ross to work on.

Said at half time this is the type of game we get a result from despite how bad we are. Thought we would comfortably lose but fair play to the boys. Excellent result. 

Same thing is though. We can’t keep giving 1/2 goal leads away every week. Aye we might get a draw and the odd win, but we’ll lose more than those.

Still, well done Danny and the boys. Great character.

4 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

What as the equaliser like? Link sent to shit as the corner was taken. 

A corner came out to Splaine on the corner of the box, had about 3 or 4 players around him but managed to get a ball back in and Love was unmarked at the back post for a simple headed finish. 

Great end to the game today but the performance for the first 88 mins was yet again nowhere near it. The manner in which we concede goals is laughable and has been pretty much since we came back up to this division. 

The first half we played for a 0-0 and to be fair, Montrose looked completely clueless on how to break us down, with possibly Livingstone the only real weak spot. Indeed, their passing got so sloppy we probably should have carved out a clear effort or two on goal but Cuddihy in particular messed up the final pass. 

At half-time Montrose changed to a 433 and made the pitch as big as possible. The penalty got them in front and from then on, I thought they were terrific. We fell asleep letting them pass the ball into the box at a corner for the second goal and if it wasn't for a couple of terrific saves from Mitchell it would have been a much worse scoreline. 

In truth, the substitutions just left us wide open, they certainly didn't get us a foothold in the game. Jones in particular came on and proceeded to just dive about, whilst Love was unlucky to hit the bar with an overhead, albeit I think he should have laid the ball off. Moments after Montrose clattered the bar from one of their neverending attacks, Cunningham did superbly to run through the pitch and place a cross perfectly onto Jones' head, before Cuddihy picked up a second yellow for stupidly trying to wrestle the ball from Fleming. Somehow we managed to get a late corner with 10 men and Splaine did well to keep the ball alive before picking out a strangely unmarked Love.  A brilliant moment for Clyde supporters.

I can't believe that we are four matches unbeaten against Montrose with perhaps only the first of those being a deserved result. They are a much better team than we are. 

The refereeing was awful. Anyone who knows Scottish lower league football will know that Masson left studs in on Mitchell yet he walked away without a booking. Mitchell, in fairness, had a kick out at him and was perhaps lucky to not see red. The penalty looked soft and I've not seen Rumsby react like that, chasing the Montrose player as he made his way back to centre. For all I criticise him, he doesn't give silly penalties like that away; even the one against EF last season was proved to be a dive on the replay. Then, in between our two goals, Montrose had an absolutely blatant corner kick ignored in favour of a goal kick. Stuff like that isn't important normally but in the last minute, against 10 men, they'd have seen the game out from there I imagine. He didn't even seem convinced about the corner kick that we got ourselves. 

Munro took a bit of stick but he was the best of our back four today by a mile. He dealt pretty well with Lyons. That statement is more a criticism of the other three though. Balatoni is as good a centre half as we've had recently when it comes to heading clear crosses into the box but he always makes a mistake. Rumsby was just all over the place; it is inexplicable that we are still fielding a centre half as poor in the air as he is, he was missing headers all game. Livingstone is as bad a defender as I remember him to be from his first spell, caught under the ball constantly.

Nicoll flew into his usual challenges but you need players at this level to do a lot more than he does. Cuddihy did a lot of running but he was terrible on the ball. His first booking came after he gave the ball away under no pressure and the second was just silly. Gomis, surprisingly, can't play as a box to box midfielder. Splaine had a good game and kept going. Kennedy worked hard but it's a strange set-up to put him into. Goodwillie must be fuming he is running around by himself with absolutely no intention of us trying to score a goal.

13 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I'll need to see the highlights but I honestly thought Rumsby's penalty concession was pretty clear cut. 

Same. Rumsby had his arms all over their player, had a chance to stop and get away with it but didn't, so when their player moved away it looked like a clear pull. There was little actual force in it, and the Montrose player went down easily, but Rumsby was asking for trouble with his actions.

Edited by Jaggy Snake