Queen’s Park v Cove Rangers

47 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Will the people who got upset when a wee ditty was aimed at Airdrie get upset if a similar ditty is aimed at Paul Hartley?

Asking for a friend.....

Crack on is what I say. He got a few melodies sung at him from the Falkirk fans last week!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

8 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Will the people who got upset when a wee ditty was aimed at Airdrie get upset if a similar ditty is aimed at Paul Hartley?

Asking for a friend.....

I think it was harsh rabidly smearing all of Airdrie’s citizens because of a few bams who couldn’t afford tickets for Ibrox.

in the case of Paul Hartley, he’s the architect of his own mess. Have at it Hoss!

Back to the game. Already this season, and as happened last season, we’ve experienced teams being penned in by our dominance with a counter productive effect. I’d expect much more of an attack threat today which in turn should open up the pitch for our midfield to move around a bit. Our front men need to do better, yes, but goals need to come from midfield runners too. It’ll be tight today on possession and number of shots. Cove have an edge on their finishing skills. What better day for our lads to show what they can do. 

Happy flag day everyone 🏴🏳️🏴

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

0-0 at Half time at Firhill. Both teams have had a couple of half chances but nothing more than that. Hard to judge who was on top if anyone.

Fyvie with some red mist seconds after coming back on after going down injured. Always prone to a bit of petulance. Was difficult where I was at sitting to see the challenge, did look a bit of lunge and might well have deserved his marching orders.

Second half all to play for and Cove will need to work extra hard and take their chances when they come.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove start like below. No Draper which is a huge bonus but Gourlay starts ahead of McKenzie which is shocking and Morgyn Neill starts sadly with no sign of Scott Ross.

Screenshot_20210807-140205.jpg

And Gourlay does this usual, a howler. If he starts next week there will be an outcry. Start McKenzie must be fuming watching from the bench.

35 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How has Leitch been so far? Thought he was his usual anonymous self last week. I'm watched some dross over my time with Falkirk but he'd be pushing for a place in our worst XI over the last 25 years.

Same this week. Hooked after an hour. Thankfully Masson is back in 10 days and Leitch won't sniff a start.

Fyvie red killed us this this week and Gourlay with a clamatitous error (worth a watch). I blame PH for dropping McKenzie for the latter. His signings so far have been suspect, very few of them working out and he's persisting with them 

Delighted with that. Especially for Bob McHugh. Also thought Morrison was impressive today. Quite surprised how poorly Cove adjusted to going down to 10. They didn't compete second half and QP played sone lovely stuff, albeit still so wasteful in front of goal.

Delighted for the win and especially for Simon Murray (I hope his knock isn't serious) and Bob McHugh both of whom needed a goal. Defence looked solid and LIam Brown continues to impress. 

Still a bit concerned about the amount of chances that were wasted but this result can only boost confidence.....

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon that was. The game was a big test of our credentials against one of the league’s favourites and fortunately we’ve shown how good a team we actually are. First half was tight and there’s absolutely no denying that Fyvie’s red card was key. However, the intensity and quality of our play throughout the 2nd half was fantastic. The bravery to pass from the back and pass in between the lines, alongside the incredible fitness levels should favour us massively as the season progresses. 

I’ve gave him huge amounts of criticism during his time at QP (justifiably) but Bob mchugh was outstanding when he came on. He showed a desire to win the ball back, get into goal scoring positions and his general overall link up play was first class. He looked like the player we were supposed to get. Here’s hoping this will do the world of good because I’ll happily be proven wrong if he continues in this manner 

Man of the Match I’d give to Morrison. Comfortably his best performance in a qp jersey and nullified the threat of Megginson superbly. He just needs to eradicate the odd lapse of concentration from his game to be a fixture in the side. Also thought Thompson looked the business in midfield and at this stage looks an upgrade on Davison

Edited by qpfc

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

And Gourlay does this usual, a howler. If he starts next week there will be an outcry. Start McKenzie must be fuming watching from the bench.

I’m glad to see Hartley is getting questioned by more fans now on Facebook. Didn’t watch the game today, went up to Broch

45 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

I’m glad to see Hartley is getting questioned by more fans now on Facebook. Didn’t watch the game today, went up to Broch

You missed a complete cluster f*ck from Gourlay a minute after we conceded the first.

There will certainly be more questioning his signings, treatment of players right now (McKenzie and Scully), persistence on playing his new signings and for me his team selection/formation. 

Looking at his signings:

McIntosh

Leitch

Watson

Higgins

Gourlay

Neill

Draper

Jevan

Those 8 you got to say are poor. Jevan only had 20 minutes today must be said. Didn't look like he'd threatened a start.

Fyvie I like but only effect in the position Vigurs is now playing. I don't see how he and Vigurs can really work. To similar for me. PH will never drop Vigurs.

Vigurs, Shay and Rory decent but have a theme to them!

Need to get GK and back 4 settled. We have big problems in CM, completely disrupted by the new signings. No capable wingers doesn't help our cause. Masson will improve things.

I hate seeing Fyvie in number 10 and Mitch isolated up top himself. Vigurs and Draper in the middle are severely lacking pace and rarely support an attack.

We're still sitting here 1+ year on a Mitch injury away from being toothless. Instead of taking in similar players or 4 defenders how about address a partner for Mitch.

15 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You missed a complete cluster f*ck from Gourlay.

There will certainly be more questioning his signings, treatment of players right now (McKenzie and Scully), persistence on playing his new signings and for me his team selection/formation. 

Looking at his signings:

McIntosh

Leitch

Watson

Higgins

Gourlay

Neill

Draper

Jevan

Those 8 you got to say are poor. Jevan only had 20 minutes today must be said. Didn't look like he'd threatened a start.

Fyvie I like but only effect in the position Vigurs is now playing. I don't see how he and Vigurs can really work. To similar for me. PH will never drop Vigurs.

Vigurs, Shay and Rory decent but have a theme to them!

Need to get GK and back 4 settled. We have big problems in CM, completely disrupted by the new signings. No capable wingers doesn't help our cause. Masson will improve things.

I hate seeing Fyvie in number 10 and Mitch isolated up top himself. Vigurs and Draper in the middle are severely lacking pace and rarely support an attack.

We're still sitting here 1+ year on a Mitch injury away from being toothless. Instead of taking in similar players or 4 defenders how about address a partner for Mitch.

Ahree, recruitment continues to be poor, or that our manager is incapable of getting the best out of them? Surely all these signings can’t be bad players 

Gourlay is horrendous, we could end up being a load of points away from the top after a few weeks if he continues to play in goal. 

I think Fyvie plays well if he’s confident of the team selection? 
same with Mitch, bad for letting his aggression take over and gives up easily when it’s not going his way 

I’ve got a bad feeling it’s going to be W long season 

33 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

Ahree, recruitment continues to be poor, or that our manager is incapable of getting the best out of them? Surely all these signings can’t be bad players 

Gourlay is horrendous, we could end up being a load of points away from the top after a few weeks if he continues to play in goal. 

I think Fyvie plays well if he’s confident of the team selection? 
same with Mitch, bad for letting his aggression take over and gives up easily when it’s not going his way 

I’ve got a bad feeling it’s going to be W long season 

It looks bad recruitment in the whole to me but can he improve a player I'm unsure. No evidence so far that he can.

Stuart will know exactly where he stands next Saturday. If Gourlay starts after that howler today and all the shaky performances that has preceeded this then Stuart will never play for us again whilst Hartley is in charge. Shocking.

Complete petulance from Hartley as the only reason I can think of for dropping him is because he's taken the hump when he made an error in the semi final 2nd leg.

You're right about Fyvie. I'm just not sure if they can play together effectively in CM. Hope they can.

If Hartley keeps up with the aurora of his ex-prem players are untouchable and so experienced they can't be dropped then we'll struggle I agree.  Already there appears to be some disharmony amongst the fans and players