Queen’s Park v Cove Rangers

Cove are a streetwise team with real quality at this level. We’re still not close to full strength, with Grant, Kilday and Quitongo all still out. Hopeful Longridge might make his first start. Regardless of who starts, we simply must take our chances. Megginson and/or McAllister aren’t going to think twice about punishing us if we follow the same pattern of previous games.

We’ve shown flashes of tidy football and can cause them problems as well, with Murray a pest for any defence. On balance, I don’t think a point hurts us here. 

Great day for the club with the flag being unfurled. Hopefully a decent atmosphere and a bit of noise again like the Airdrie game. I’ll go for 2-2.

Agreed; the Cove squad look to have more experience and are certainly a club that are used to winning games, play-offs and leagues over the past few seasons. Am looking forward to this one. I would take a draw, but feel we could win this by the odd goal - 2-1 to the Queen's. 

3 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

That said we have looked good at Firhill so far 

Aye but a goal would be nice though.  4 goals in 5 games and all of them away from home.  It really is time for our forwards to take the pressure off the defence and start burying their chances

I still have a smile on my face when thinking about the last time we played a team from the Granite City at Firhill, and it was in August :thumsup2

390085447_QPbeatDons(600x436).jpg.73c876b88600b14d275e97d7746c1992.jpg

So just like 15 years ago, we should have no fear of the upstarts from the north east, all we need is to believe in our own ability.

Cove are a team that can score goals. We are a team that currently can't. 

So just like all those years ago, we'll be the underdogs.

It'll be a close game, but if we approach it with the right attitude we'll get a result :egypt

It's interesting to see from the team's listed above , how many are still playing 15 years later, none more so than Considine who just recently got his first Scotland cap.

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Any news of an estimated time for the flag hoist prior to kick-off?

When we had our flag day it was after the warm up and kick off started about 1 minute after all the formalities were finished. I would say it should be between 2:45 to 2:55

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Any news of an estimated time for the flag hoist prior to kick-off?

In 2000 it was right before kick off, with Paul Smith keeping Berwick in their changing room until after the flag hoisting was finished as he was still raging we had beaten them to the title!

4 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

When we had our flag day it was after the warm up and kick off started about 1 minute after all the formalities were finished. I would say it should be between 2:45 to 2:55

3 hours ago, JT1867 said:

In 2000 it was right before kick off, with Paul Smith keeping Berwick in their changing room until after the flag hoisting was finished as he was still raging we had beaten them to the title!

Thanks fellas. 

49 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I believe that picture on the left page there is a fat Stephen Dobbie making his debut for the Sons. Mad how things change. 

It is indeed. I remember me and you getting the train to Hampden, getting in late and asking everyone around us who hell the fat guy is. Little did we know he’d go on to be the best striker we’d see in a Sons shirt.

I'll be making the trip down to Firhill for this one tomorrow. Looking forward to hopefully a more inspired performance than last week against Falkirk where the team selection and formation was all wrong for me. 

I'm intrigued to see how we line up. PH can't persist with Draper in CM any longer. That might sound harsh to people who haven't seen him yet, given he's ex-prem but he's looked terrible in the opening 5 games. To quote @ThroughtheTurnstiles he looked liked he was towing a caravan. Spot on with that assessment, he chases shadows and is disrupting/displacing our midfield which is normally a strong point.  

Hopefully we can return to a more settle formation and give good support to Mitch. We need Fyvie back playing in CM rather than a number 10 role and I'd give Rory a start in a 4-4-2 rather than play 4-5-1.

Looking forward to seeing QP as well as Cove it must be said. 

My ideal lineup would be the below.

If we start Draper, Gourlay (god help us) and Morgyn Neill our odds of winning will be reduced

Screenshot_20210806-113800.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

34 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

How easy is it to get tickets for this match? Can I pay the gate, or is something more nefarious involved?

Panic over: I have secured my ticket for the biggest game of the weekend.

(£17 does feel a little steep, somehow; it's just a pity that Lord Haughey's charity didn't take neutral supporters into consideration!)

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'll be making the trip down to Firhill for this one tomorrow. Looking forward to hopefully a more inspired performance than last week against Falkirk where the team selection and formation was all wrong for me. 

I'm intrigued to see how we line up. PH can't persist with Draper in CM any longer. That might sound harsh to people who haven't seen him yet, given he's ex-prem but he's looked terrible in the opening 5 games. To quote @ThroughtheTurnstiles he looked liked he was towing a caravan. Spot on with that assessment, he chases shadows and is disrupting/displacing our midfield which is normally a strong point.  

Hopefully we can return to a more settle formation and give good support to Mitch. We need Fyvie back playing in CM rather than a number 10 role and I'd give Rory a start in a 4-4-2 rather than play 4-5-1.

Looking forward to seeing QP as well as Cove it must be said. 

My ideal lineup would be the below.

If we start Draper, Gourlay (god help us) and Morgyn Neill our odds of winning will be reduced

Screenshot_20210806-113800.jpg

I'll be heading down also. Is there parking nearby the stadium do you know?

Is Masson back fit yet? 

Hoping we don't start with the 3 you've mentioned, they dont fill me with any confidence at all.

Looking for a much better performance than the one against Falkirk last Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

(£17 does feel a little steep, somehow; it's just a pity that Lord Haughey's charity didn't take neutral supporters into consideration!)

Thought it was a tad expensive, a few quid more than PATG prices at Cove certainly but hopefully an entertaining game

1 minute ago, CRFC Blue said:

I'll be heading down also. Is there parking nearby the stadium do you know?

Is Masson back fit yet? 

Hoping we don't start with the 3 you've mentioned, they dont fill me with any confidence at all.

Looking for a much better performance than the one against Falkirk last Saturday.

I'm not sure, heard he's been training for a while but might not be ready. Would be a welcome return if he was. Who would you play in his absence?

Leitch didn't impress on Saturday after looking pretty decent against ICT. I'd be tempted to play Leighton - never thought I'd say that to be honest.

Can't believe Scully got punted to LW and Draper stayed on against Falkirk. The favoritism shown to Draper and Gourlay could  will cost us points. I expect to see Strachan back tomorrow but half expect PH to bench Scott Ross (even though he was MotM and is one of our best defenders) and play Morgyn

Will be my first time at Firhill so unsure of parking, perhaps some of the QP guys can comment. Would expect there to be ample parking especially given the reduced capacity. Talking of capacity what is the expected crowd for tomorrow. We had about 700 for the season opener.

19 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'm not sure, heard he's been training for a while but might not be ready. Would be a welcome return if he was. Who would you play in his absence?

Leitch didn't impress on Saturday after looking pretty decent against ICT. I'd be tempted to play Leighton - never thought I'd say that to be honest.

Can't believe Scully got punted to LW and Draper stayed on against Falkirk. The favoritism shown to Draper and Gourlay could  will cost us points. I expect to see Strachan back tomorrow but half expect PH to bench Scott Ross (even though he was MotM and is one of our best defenders) and play Morgyn

Will be my first time at Firhill so unsure of parking, perhaps some of the QP guys can comment. Would expect there to be ample parking especially given the reduced capacity. Talking of capacity what is the expected crowd for tomorrow. We had about 700 for the season opener.

Just in the street guys.

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Lots us can't really understand the pricing policy this season ( see QP thread) The reason given is we are up a league. So what? We're also being asked to travel across the other side of the city for home games so that's more expense.

Edited by Mick1867