NCAA Football 2023

Liamjones

6 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Watched some of the College games yesterday. Problem I get with College Football, is that it tends to be much more one-sided than NFL.

The early weeks can be that was when the non-conference games are being played. When the big teams start playing each other in conference games it tends to get a bit more competititve.

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Is this split between Sky and BT now? I have the same problem as mentioned above, I can't really pick a team to get behind, and any time I turn on a game as a neutral it's Alabama, Clemson, Georgia etc about 41-10 up at half time. 

Had a look at what Sky Sports were showing and it's just the Notre Dame game from what I can see. Looks like they've just picked up the rights to that package which I remember Eurosport having not that long ago.

BT Sport tends to just pick the feeds from Broadcast TV/ESPN games from what I can tell. 

I watched the Hurricanes tonight and Mario Cristobal seems to have added some structure this year. You can see they have a game plan, run the ball then open up the play action based on the success of the run. Still don't think they're great, but might start watching them semi-regularly again.

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Holy shit, Michigan is playing some horrific football right now.

Got there eventually in the end, but far from pretty or comfortable. Maryland looking to be a much trickier task this season, Tagovailoa is a stud at QB. Michigan have a ton to work on, especially on offense, but the defense slipped too much late on for my liking as well. This is not an easy league we're in, and that needs to be remembered regardless of if we won it or not last season.

Thank god for Blake Corum, whit a pler.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Actually some close games at last.

Auburn v Missouri had an amazing ending. Missouri got a 4th down stop, then a big pass. Ran the clock down and missed a field goal from about 20 yards. 

Auburn kicked a field goal in overtime (missed 1st kick, but Missouri offside). 

Missouri went up other end and player drooped the ball about 1/2 yard from the end zone, fumbling for a Touchback and thereby losing. 

Then there was Clemson v Wake Forest, where both teams apparently can't be bothered with Defence. About 51-44 to the Oranges, after 2 Overtime possessions each.

• 2 weeks later...