NCAA Football 2023

Liamjones

Happy Alabama lost. But it's stuff like this that make me hate the current CFP structure.

The National Champions are meant to be the best team in the FBS, yet lost their conference championship game (to the team they beat tonight). You can't simultaneously be the best team in the country and the second best team in your conference - that makes very little sense.

• 2 months later...

CFP has rejected the proposed 12 team post-season format & will remain at 4 teams through 2025.

Ngl the half arsed playoff dulls some of my interest in the FBS. It's tinpot pish when all other football divisions & indeed sports have fully fledged playoffs.

• 3 months later...

Have BT now for the first time ever. Are there any college matches on this season? I can only see a highlights package at 6am on Monday. Not really sure whether that is like a college football version of Sportscene/Match of the Day or if it's mainly just talking about college football but will give it a go.

12 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Have BT now for the first time ever. Are there any college matches on this season? I can only see a highlights package at 6am on Monday. Not really sure whether that is like a college football version of Sportscene/Match of the Day or if it's mainly just talking about college football but will give it a go.

There will be. Not sure what the deal will be longer term. Only noticed recently that they've lost the BT Sport ESPN branding and just gone to BT Sport 4.

College Football doesn't start properly until next week.

They'll usually show ESPN's College GameDay which is their Soccer Saturday. Although sometimes BT will join in progress due to MotoGP or another sport, if they even show it at all.

On Saturday it looks like.

17:00 Colorado St v. Michigan BTS4

20:30 Oregon v. Georgia BTS4

00:00 Notre Dame v. Ohio State BTS4

00:00 Utah v. Florida BTS2

image.thumb.png.651d46e229451cac5b88d11c9a1ff7e3.png

I’m not really a college fan but since I work for an Austin headquartered company I try and time my visits so I can take in a Denver and/or a UT game.

WVM is a team I’ve never heard of but I couldn’t get over for the Alabama game. Getting a ticket would have been interesting! You can bet the atmosphere will still be electric as it seems it is for most college games.

On 28/08/2022 at 10:58, Bully Wee Villa said:

Not the best start for my Rainbow Warriors... 🙄

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401403853

It was always likely to be tough against a team from the South Eastern Conference. Unlike the NFL the NCAA conferences aren't evenly matched. Although I thought it might've been closer as Vanderbilt are one of the weaker teams in the SEC.

The games against the other Mountain West teams should be a better gauge of how well they're playing once the conference games get under way in a few weeks.

On 31/08/2022 at 15:21, steelmen said:

I’m not really a college fan but since I work for an Austin headquartered company I try and time my visits so I can take in a Denver and/or a UT game.

WVM is a team I’ve never heard of but I couldn’t get over for the Alabama game. Getting a ticket would have been interesting! You can bet the atmosphere will still be electric as it seems it is for most college games.

Weirdly I saw their helmets on Twitter yesterday 

17 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

CFP will be expanded to twelve teams with the aim of implementing the format 'as soon as possible' but no later than 2026.

This is excellent news, should give us some superb match ups.

Currently got Colorado State @ Michigan on, but been flicking around a wee bit trying to find the best game. Michigan unsurprisingly ahead.