Sheerin's Sexies Vs Peterheed

5 hours ago, strichener said:

The football is still gash though.  I don't understand why anyone would prefer to sit in a stand than stand pitch-side and watch the game from ground level. 

Maybe to get a proper view of the game? Tynecastle's the best stadium in Scotland for it. Being right on top of the pitch lets you see everything that's going on as opposed to just watching small parts of the play. 

Our stadium's rotten though so I can't jump on the bandwagon of making excuses for the price unfortunately.

Maybe to get a proper view of the game? Tynecastle's the best stadium in Scotland for it. Being right on top of the pitch lets you see everything that's going on as opposed to just watching small parts of the play. 
Our stadium's rotten though so I can't jump on the bandwagon of making excuses for the price unfortunately.
Until we get a steep, low terrace along the empty side TFS will be shite.

41 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t agree

Nah definite penalty. McCann was sleeping then fouled the boy. The ref absolutely bottled the call.

That apart though playing some cracking stuff in that first half. 

Decent enough first half performance, thought we looked calm on the ball and we actually played some nice stuff.
Having Nesbitt and McGuffie means that teams can't double up on Morrison as much and I think that space is what got us the goal, nice cross and header.
The height difference between the sides is really noticeable though and I'm terrified every time the ball is over the top although we have dealt with it well enough.
Mutch hasn't had much to do but some of the short passing has looked uncomfortable for him. Miller is just filling in at RB so can't moan too much but I think we'll look a lot better with Williamson there.
Need to create a bit more for Keena as it's not been coming off for him so far.

We've played some good stuff so far. Morrison, Nesbitt and Telfer all a joy to watch. Probably McGuffie's best game in a Falkirk Jersey so far as well. Peterhead not really interested in playing football so far, mainly playing for freekicks/ penalties and kicking the ball away 

Ref evened it out with not giving us our penalty for the Mccarthy challenge on Mcguffie. I thought theirs would have been very soft. Hopefully see a bit of the new lad in the second half. Football's again been much better just need to start picking the right final ball to finish this off.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

One things guaranteed today. An Andrew Mccarthy yellow card, had about 20 fouls against us in the game at the Falkirk stadium last year.

If only the bookies done cards in the lower leagues. Spends the majority of his game fouling and ironically only gets booked due to dissent.

Hetherington mopping up every loose ball was a joy to see. It's been a while since I've seen a Falkirk team make so much effort to actually win the ball off the opposition.

The midfield especially is looking good with Nesbit, McGuffie, Telfer and Morrison. Really encouraging to see us always looking to make a forward pass or beat a man rather than offload the ball to a teammate as quickly as possible.

See the refs name today was McDermaid think his first name should be Val as he just seemed make it up as he went along. With the pen claims no idea about the our first one as you cannot really see what is happening at the far end. The tackle on McGuffie was just that a tackle for the ball never a pen. We had a stonewaller in the 2nd half right in front of us when the defender went to ground in the box and handled the ball. Falkirk played like a full time team and were much sharper in their work today & deserved their win. The main positive for us today was we kept going right to the end & would have been interesting if we had scored with 10mins left on the clock.

Edited by peternapper

Really enjoyed that today. We were at it right from the off and some of the football we played was excellent.

Nesbitt my MotM, quite simply glided by Peterhead players like they weren't there before releasing Morrison/ McGuffie. 

Morrison played really well too, even without Williamson to help him from fullback he was causing havoc all game and served up the first goal on a plate. Did just about everything but score, though was maybe a tad greedy at times. When Williamson comes back that right hand side is going to take some stopping. Plenty of threat down the left as well with McCann and McGuffie linking up nicely.

Hetherington and Telfer bossed it in the middle of the park and seem to compliment each others games well.

Great to have the fans back too in proper numbers and with some of the young team in the North Stand there was a pretty decent atmosphere.

Negatives? That we didn't take more of our chances and kill the game off properly (the south stand was really trying it's best to suck the ball in to the net when Ompreon was sent clear) and Hall's shitey header giving that goal away at the end. A shame as until that point I thought he had done pretty well against McLean who looked like a real handful. 

The subs probably flattened the game a little and we definitely need a couple more signings, but the foundations of a really good side are certainly there. Looking forward to the rest of the season. 

ETAThe ref was a fucking diddy 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Was quite impressed with Peterhead today.

Will be in the top section at the end of the season.

Wished we had the big number 9 - McLean. We need height although we won quite comfortably.

They offered absolutely nothing !