Sheerin's Sexies Vs Peterheed

Good opening day win for Peterhead and a decent performance from us given the circumstances. Would be more comfortable if we bring in a few more additions before Saturday but i'll go 3-1 Falkirk.

Keena has to start over Wilson and hopefully we have Williamson, Mccann and Hetherington back fully fit. 

Assuming McKay is still out, I'd go with

Mutch

R Williamson Hall Dixon McCann

Telfer Hetherington
Nesbitt

Morrison Keena McGuffie

Subs: Martin, C Williamson, Miller, Ross, Weekes, Wilson, Dowds

3-1 Falkirk (Keena x2, Morrison)

ETA: Didn't realise QP and Cove were playing each other - early chance to steal a bit of a march on them

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

just read the latest Scottish covid update on the BBC, is it everyone else's understanding that from the 9th August clubs are allowed 5000 fans in without permission and only need local council permissions for above 5000 (which I'm guessing we won't need this season)?

Could you post that? I've read the BBC report but can't see any reference to the 5000 figure.

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Thanks mate.

Presumably with social distancing scrapped too, we'll be able to sit anywhere although masks will still be required?

I'd imagine for Saturday, seating will be allocated by the club to maximise spacing efficiency. Will be interesting to see how 'full' the stadium feels with 3.5k inside all spaced round

After that, who knows. I think it would be sensible to keep the 3 stands open tbh.  Even if that means splitting the North Stand when Airdrie and Clyde come. I imagine mask wearing will continue as well at least until international travel opens back up fully

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So, with ST sales of “over 2100” they will be letting in 1300 to 1400 PATG punters? Anything over that will be turned away presumably.

Assume that PATG won’t return and instead it’ll be pre-purchased tickets only for the remainder of the season.

1400 PATG punters at an average of say £14 each is around £20,000. Vital income for the club. 

Amazed the likes of Dunfermline and St Mirren haven't asked for more fans this weekend. We've sold more season tickets than Dunfermline but less than St Mirren.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think it would be sensible to keep the 3 stands open tbh.  Even if that means splitting the North Stand when Airdrie and Clyde come. I imagine mask wearing will continue as well at least until international travel opens back up fully

As social distancing no longer applies from Monday I think we basically return to normal in terms of opening or closing stands. 

From what I saw of the briefing today, masks are only required indoors. So they won't be needed at Falkirk games, unless somebody somewhere does a risk assessment and says you have to wear them in an enclosed concourse while queuing for a pie or walking thought it to your seat. Probably the same if you're in the lift or stairs heading for hospitality. 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

As social distancing no longer applies from Monday I think we basically return to normal in terms of opening or closing stands. 

From what I saw of the briefing today, masks are only required indoors. So they won't be needed at Falkirk games, unless somebody somewhere does a risk assessment and says you have to wear them in an enclosed concourse while queuing for a pie or walking thought it to your seat. Probably the same if you're in the lift or stairs heading for hospitality. 

Why have you no been taking photies?

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Why have you no been taking photies?

I have, but the things I’ve been snapping such as Foundation teams, their strip launches, FFC development players or Commercial stuff aren’t what I think you’re hoping to see. Some of those will appear by the end of the week but probably not the first team signings pics that you're after.  There's nothing imminent. Albeit that could change in seconds if FFC receive an acceptance phone call from an agent or a club to say that they're willing to loan a player out to us.