Accies vs. MorTEN

4 minutes ago, port-ton said:
17 minutes ago, Mcgregor8822 said:
We will still finnish above you . Lithgow your man aye 

You're naw finished you're only 28!

He's probably naw Finnish either....... 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think he left his goal line for a cross in his entire spell with us.

I think he just completely lost his confidence at Dens… you’ll know more about the reasons why than us.

It’s early in the season, but all we’ve seen so far is the underlying ability, none of the ‘moments’.

He was really excellent today.

Two games in to the season and all accies fans have got to aim for is the pride of finishing above one of the relegation favourites who stole a win from them on their own pitch.

Accies not felt this robbed since a Nigerian Prince made off with a six figure sum.

Low indeed.

36 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I think he just completely lost his confidence at Dens… you’ll know more about the reasons why than us.

It’s early in the season, but all we’ve seen so far is the underlying ability, none of the ‘moments’.

He was really excellent today.

He had a moment in the Dunfermline game. They just missed the open goal...

Morton were certainly due a win against their bogey team. I can't think of another team I've seen Accies win more against than the Ton over the past 40 years. You defended very well and in Ugwu you have a striker superior to anything we have though Andy Ryan has looked good so far.  I thought ref was ok apart from two fouls Ugwu should have got in latter part of game.

35 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

😂😂😂.

You've been scraping the bottom of the barrell for years in the premier league and it's finally caught up with you. GIRFUY.

My team : Greenock Morton ....😂

6 minutes ago, Owsley said:

Morton were certainly due a win against their bogey team. I can't think of another team I've seen Accies win more against than the Ton over the past 40 years. You defended very well and in Ugwu you have a striker superior to anything we have though Andy Ryan has looked good so far.  I thought ref was ok apart from two fouls Ugwu should have got in latter part of game.

We've won our last 2 meetings actually. 

25 minutes ago, Mcgregor8822 said:

Good for your wee team . Its good you get a big win once in a while . You dizzy yet?

'Wee team' ...did a Hamilton fan really say that?

P.s. we won our last meeting as well

Well done Morton.A long overdue League win here, but not too despondent as for spells in the game Accies played good attacking football but with no cutting edge.

A  lesson learned today against  sides who will sit in and need to vary it at times if we are hoping to score as we tried to pass the ball into the net.Score first in these games and the side sitting in have to chase a goal.

Moyo told to move out of his Club accommodation indicates that another striker may be incoming.For me,we need two as Templeton(first 90 minutes in a long,long time) will end up injured and surprised he wasn't today the amount of times he was fouled.

Accies fans need to realise this is the first time the midfield/strike force have played 90 minutes together.Time to judge is 10-15 games in.

Morton showed their experience today:hitting on the break,defending resolutely and making fouls to break up the play.

A lesson learned for Brian Rice  which he better heed or the clamour for his head will be  unstoppable.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

If Hamilton keeps this form up throughout the season then teams in leagues above us will come sniffing around when his contract is up.

McAdams  did reasonably well for us last season but Hamilton in experience and technical ability is light-years ahead of him.

He's the best keeper we have had at Cappielow in decades. I feel quite confident even this early in the season to say that.

Don't wait around, get him tied up on a 2 year deal now!

52 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Accies fans need to realise this is the first time the midfield/strike force have played 90 minutes together.Time to judge is 10-15 games in.

This is a squad of players with experience playing championship football - MacDonald, Spence, Virtanen, Ryan, Mullin added to players like Templeton, McMann with lots of Premier league appearance. Whether it's #whateverittakes is arguable but it's a stronger squad than I expected to see this season and one which a good manager should have playing as a decent unit a lot quicker than 10 to 15 games. The big problem is that I've seen nothing of Rice which indicates he can make the best use of the squad at his disposal. The start of the season has been abysmal and today all the familiar failings were there - no discernible style of play, no ideas and no clue how to change it.

40 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

If Hamilton keeps this form up throughout the season then teams in leagues above us will come sniffing around when his contract is up.

McAdams  did reasonably well for us last season but Hamilton in experience and technical ability is light-years ahead of him.

He's the best keeper we have had at Cappielow in decades. I feel quite confident even this early in the season to say that.

Easy, tiger… the signs are good, but, as you say, it’s very early in the season.

Let’s just hope we’re seeing the real player and he keeps it going; plenty of time for a contract offer.

39 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Right, as a generally negative fan, I do have to hold my hands up and say I have absolutely been made a colossal arse of so far by Hamilton, who has been genuinely flawless after I panned the signing. He has been terrific and you can legitimately argue that three of the four points we have after two games are down to his saves.

However, putting him on a pedestal beside Roy Baines after five games might be a wee bit much.