Accies vs. MorTEN

We are probably 3/4 players away from a 1st team nevermind a 1st team squad so that result was excellent.

Jack Hamilton has been excellent so far and that was his best game yet for us. Absolutely imperious.

Ledger, Lithgow and Strapp defended our box putting their bodies on the line all day long.

Jacobs everywhere in second half and Blues kept things tidy and got an assist. Shame about his red card (nonsense decision and Jacobs was fouled beforehand).

Big beautiful Gozie getting his rewards at last this season with an excellent goal.

Really enjoy this squad and just hope we can get a couple of more creative players in to compliment them. So good to be back at away games as well. Fans up the back were excellent all game.

We were great for 25 minutes, decent for ~40 and abysmal for the rest. It was unbelievable how often that long ball worked with Rice not doing anything to change it. f**k knows how Spence ended up the furthest man back for the goal too - suggests a real lack of organisation.

There's a good team there with some pretty weak weaknesses and 0 depth. It was clear once we got to the 75th minute that we weren't gonna break Morton down and didn't have a 'plan B' striker.

Btw we've now conceded first in every match since the opening game, and if a team is happy sitting back then it'll be a real struggle for us to break them down.

Hard one to take when we dominated the game, although I never felt like we were going to score.

Ryan looks good, however he missed a few very good chances today, if he wants to make a proper career out of football then he needs to be more lethal in front of goal.

As previous posters have said, we've got a good team in there, but we've got a clown in charge so I'm still expecting a relegation battle until we finally get rid of him.

Thought the Finnish boy looked a very good acquisition.

I've seen two separate posters label Jack Hamilton as imperious in this thread.
Fucking hell Hamilton, you should be ashamed.
He's been basically faultless so far this season. Haven't seen many keepers at this level take crosses as well as he has so far and he made incredible saves today. Been an absolute revelation so far tbh.

As for the shitey Hamilton, I thought they passed the ball around well in tight spaces around the 18 yard box but we have a group of players in Lithgow, Jacobs, Strapp and Ledger that love a tackle and sticking a foot in so they never really got much success.

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

He's been basically faultless so far this season. Haven't seen many keepers at this level take crosses as well as he has so far and he made incredible saves today. Been an absolute revelation so far tbh.

As for the shitey Hamilton, I thought they passed the ball around well in tight spaces around the 18 yard box but we have a group of players in Lithgow, Jacobs, Strapp and Ledger that love a tackle and sticking a foot in so they never really got much success.

I don't think he left his goal line for a cross in his entire spell with us.

Nobody would have seen us taking 4 points from our first 2 games vs Accies and the Pars. But here we are. Almost as surprising as Jack Hamilton's form.

If the 3 or 4 additions Gus wants are of a good standard then we will maybe push for the correct playoffs this time!

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

We were great for 25 minutes, decent for ~40 and abysmal for the rest. It was unbelievable how often that long ball worked with Rice not doing anything to change it.

What did you want Rice to do to change it, out of interest? Other than just camping on your own 18 yard box, I don't see much that you could do about it because none of your defenders today were going to win a physical battle with Ugwu - despite that cheat Aitken giving every decision against Ugwu all game. Dunfermline's tippy-tappy defenders got bodied just as badly last week as well. 

Hamilton had more than enough of the ball to score a couple of goals and overcome that, but you were not good enough in the final third and Jack Hamilton produced a few good saves for us when needed.

What did you want Rice to do to change it, out of interest? Other than just camping on your own 18 yard box, I don't see much that you could do about it because none of your defenders today were going to win a physical battle with Ugwu - despite that cheat Aitken giving every decision against Ugwu all game. Dunfermline's tippy-tappy defenders got bodied just as badly last week as well. 
Hamilton had more than enough of the ball to score a couple of goals and overcome that, but you were not good enough in the final third and Jack Hamilton produced a few good saves for us when needed.
Virtanen could've dropped back to sandwich him for the long balls or at least help the CBs for when he did bring it down, or there could have been greater pressure to stop it at source.

Our fans should know better than to use a thread title like this one has.

Was only ever gonna result in one result with Morton scoring then fairly comfortably playing out the 1-0 win.

We still look powderpuff going forward & I'd have Easton back in a back 3 defence with Want & Hamilton instead of them trying to play as a 2 as that's the 2nd week in a row they've struggled with a big guy against them & balls over the top.

Having no game next week is a good thing for us as maybe another couple signings in before we have to play Killie on 21st.

Nothing I've seen so far from us indicates anything other than a mid-table finish at best - possibly worse if the pudding can't manage the team to a few wins over next couple months.

3 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Our fans should know better than to use a thread title like this one has.

Happens a lot. We once had a "Morton v Forfar Pathetic" thread - and our team proceeded to play like they'd just met.

37 minutes ago, port-ton said:

We will still finnish above you . Lithgow your man aye 

34 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
39 minutes ago, virginton said:

Virtanen could've dropped back to sandwich him for the long balls or at least help the CBs for when he did bring it down, or there could have been greater pressure to stop it at source.

I don't see how you could have stopped it at source, while also stopping us from playing the ball into midfield. By pressing the short options you make it easier for a long ball to damage you: Virtanen was up the park making that tactic work for you.

Short of having an old fashioned hammer-thrower at centre half, Ugwu's strength and pace will bypass any pressing team at this level. There's not much that you can do about that. You still got the lion's share of the ball, you just didn't do enough with it.