Accies vs. MorTEN

5 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Well looks like Gus is not going to have any new players signed in time for tomorrow so I expect much the same team that drew with the Pars with maybe Mark Russell starting in place of McGregor. I don't think McLean will be ready as the recovery time for bad head knocks is more cautious these days.

Aye, Russell defo has to come in, McLean should be the only other change. 

1-2 

3 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Well looks like Gus is not going to have any new players signed in time for tomorrow so I expect much the same team that drew with the Pars with maybe Mark Russell starting in place of McGregor. I don't think McLean will be ready as the recovery time for bad head knocks is more cautious these days.

Hopefully he is back in, that's 2 weeks now and will allow Ledger to move to right back to replace Hynes who wasn't great last week.

Hoping something this,

Hamilton,

Ledger McLean Lithgow Strapp

Jacobs

Lyon                       Russell

Oliver

Ogwu      Muirhead.

Bench-Blues and the weans.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Hopefully he is back in, that's 2 weeks now and will allow Ledger to move to right back to replace Hynes who wasn't great last week.

Hoping something this,

Hamilton,

Jacobs

Oliver

Ogwu      Muirhead.

Pretty much no point posting a Lyon in for Blues lineup. Ain't happenin'.

2 hours ago, madton said:

Hoping something this,

Hamilton,

Jacobs

Oliver

Ogwu      Muirhead.

I like that line-up, though Gus seems to prefer Blues to Lyon. The only reason I can think of is Blues does what Gus tells him, whereas Lyon appears to do his own thing much of the time.

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I like that line-up, though Gus seems to prefer Blues to Lyon. The only reason I can think of is Blues does what Gus tells him, whereas Lyon appears to do his own thing much of the time.

What makes you say Lyon does his own thing?

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Our past 3 managers have preferred Blues to Lyon.

Well it is early season and we are up against a  team dropping down from PL so should be done for.

Add a few players down does not sound good.

As above, we might as well accept Blues will play, one of the better ones last week. Physically strong but not much to get excited about.

Not sure if Lyons has progressed much the last two years and feel he need to beef up a little. ( dare say he hasn't had many games)

Taking all into account maybe an unexpected point, not that good as that would be two games and only 2 pts, we need a higher win rate this season or will be In the bottom three battle zone.

Lyon is a talent, but he's not been on form for a while now. Not sure what's going on there as he's seems 7nfit to me.

Blues is not everyone's favourite , but he's been playing well.  Some of the criticism hasn't been deserved in my opinion.

Right now Blues is the form player and should start ahead of Lyon

Mullin is a tremendous signing for Hamilton, and if he's going straight into the starting XI that increases my concern about the narrow midfield setup we had v Dunfermline leaving the full backs exposed defensively.

As well as Russell for McGregor, I'd put Lyon in for Muirhead. Even though that still wouldn't give us a natural right sided midfielder, the extra body in midfield would let them get across to help Hynes out a bit more without leaving gaps in the middle of the park and it'd let Jacobs sit deeper rather than the more advanced role which isn't getting the best out of him. With how well Oliver's played so far and the ground he's been covering I don't see that setup leaving Ugwu isolated.

This assumes that Hynes is fit after needing to come off on Saturday. If he’s not and McLean is still out then I guess it's Ledger to right back and Stafford thrown in at the deep end.

2 minutes ago, madton said:

Is Stafford not at Cumnock?

That loan was announced when he signed a new contract but since that he's started v East Kilbride and was on the bench v Dunfermline, while he was also included in the squad number announcement.

The East Kilbride game could have been before the official start date of the loan or something like that, but with being on the bench last week I was assuming the loan had been cancelled or at least delayed until we bring someone else in.

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Lyon is a talent, but he's not been on form for a while now. Not sure what's going on there as he's seems 7nfit to me.

Blues is not everyone's favourite , but he's been playing well.  Some of the criticism hasn't been deserved in my opinion.

Right now Blues is the form player and should start ahead of Lyon

He certainly has talent, but I know that two seasons back Hopkin was unimpressed by Lyon's fitness level when the players started pre-season work  and it was a similar story after the first lockdown.  Maybe it's an attitude thing, but if so hopefully he'll wake up and smell the coffee sooner rather than later. 

Blues ain't the best in the squad, we know that, but he's fit, works hard and does the job he's asked to do as best he can - he ain't as bad as he's often made out to be on here.  Looks as if Gus has more confidence in Blues than in Lyon at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Mullin is a tremendous signing for Hamilton, and if he's going straight into the starting XI that increases my concern about the narrow midfield setup we had v Dunfermline leaving the full backs exposed defensively.

As well as Russell for McGregor, I'd put Lyon in for Muirhead. Even though that still wouldn't give us a natural right sided midfielder, the extra body in midfield would let them get across to help Hynes out a bit more without leaving gaps in the middle of the park and it'd let Jacobs sit deeper rather than the more advanced role which isn't getting the best out of him. With how well Oliver's played so far and the ground he's been covering I don't see that setup leaving Ugwu isolated.

This assumes that Hynes is fit after needing to come off on Saturday. If he’s not and McLean is still out then I guess it's Ledger to right back and Stafford thrown in at the deep end.

Our midfield was lightweight untill the signing of miko. Hopefully we play the 2 in font of the 4 untill we see what your playing and if its defensive move more attacking. I still think its gonna be close but i do think we might have a bit of confidence going in to this but so should have Morton after a decent draw against a good Dunfermline side imo. Im going for a small Accies win .....just. 

14 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Tking all into account maybe an unexpected point, not that good as that would be two games and only 2 pts, we need a higher win rate this season or will be In the bottom three battle zone.

I think that's a wee bit on the pessimistic side tbh. 

Dunfermline have improved their squad in the close season (though whether their new manager is an upgrade remains to be seen) and are certainly expected by most to finish somewhere in the top four. Hamilton have players with years of top division experience and have made what looks like a few good signings. Early days, but I'd expect them to finish higher up the league than we do. 

Given the current state and size of the ssquad at Cappielow I'd say that two draws against those teams would be a fairly decent return from the first two games, and hopefully the squad will be stronger by the end of the window. . Remains to be seen whether we can manage to get that second draw though...... 

Fulton
Stanger Hamilton Want
MacDonald Virtanen Spence McMann
Templeton
Smith Ryan

Surprised at Temps and Stanger starting (for different reasons) but it's definitely an improvement on last week's team. Wonder what the Easton situation is.