Accies vs. MorTEN

A repeat of the last time we met in the league please.

As much as I'd love to see that I think this will be a tight game, if we don't want to be in a relegation battle again then we need to beat sides like Morton at home.

I don't know why, as the team have given me nothing to be confident about, but I do fancy us to win this game.

2-0 Accies, Temps coming on for the last 20 minutes when it's 0-0 and leading us to victory.

We have performed better than expected against Killie and Dunfermline considering the lack of 1st team players so would expect us to be competitive here too.

Would like to think we will have a few players in this week but we have been saying that for a month now. Even if we don't, our starting 11 should make a game of it.

Difficult to judge Hamilton. Not a great cup group and that game last week was just nuts. 

Hopefully we can get a few hundred tickets for this.

1-1

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I see Lanarkshire teams have had away fans at games so I presume we have some sort of allocation. Has it been announced yet anywhere how we go about getting tickets?

Will be announced on gmfc.net at 2pm on Saturday.

Will be announced on gmfc.net at 2pm on Saturday.
Ah, so your club comms are as bad as ours then [emoji23]

Accies have announced home fans arrangements - buy by Friday as no PATG obv - but nothing to say if we've given an allocation over to Cappielow.

Ah, so your club comms are as bad as ours then [emoji23]

Accies have announced home fans arrangements - buy by Friday as no PATG obv - but nothing to say if we've given an allocation over to Cappielow.
I went to the ticket office an hour ago and they had no idea about ticket sales [emoji23]

Thankfully after a few phone calls everything was sorted. First person to get a ticket, clearly going to be rush for tickets for this one...

Ayr and Albion Rovers fans just bought tickets from their club - ~300 were allocated, I'm sure.

I'd bring in Easton for Stirling, McMann for C. Smith and Ryan for Moyo. If Hughes is fit I'd have him in instead of Mimnaugh (sad that I've got to this point) but I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes is behind the strikers with Mimnaugh deeper. We'll probably go to a 3-4-1-2 although I don't understand why Hamilton's been playing in the middle of the three considering how good he was in the Premiership on the right. It would also provide more of a threat with him overlapping from CB if MacDonald's cutting inside.

We are still 4/5 players short that Gus is looking to bring in, so squad a bit depleted at the moment.

We've performed really well over the last couple of games and are using the young players to make up the team.

Both the young lads McGregor and McGratten scored against Killie and the Pars and showed up really well.

McLean may be back for this one and if he does then Ledger will move back to RB giving us a stronger back 4. 

Big Gozie was superb last Saturday and will be a real handful. 

Hopefully we can add to the squad before the weekend, if not it will be pretty much the same team   

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Ayr and Albion Rovers fans just bought tickets from their club - ~300 were allocated, I'm sure.

f716b9eec295def91a0747cff935c504.gif.10f7586eaee2fc30dd0ae7615cc9e4b5.gif

Looking forward to see how GMFC make a monumental f**k-up of that then. 

4 hours ago, port-ton said:

I see Lanarkshire teams have had away fans at games so I presume we have some sort of allocation. Has it been announced yet anywhere how we go about getting tickets?

300, from 10am tomorrow, Smiths 

If we.dint get anyone else in then McLean in for hynes and Lyon in for McGregor to go a more fluid 4-3-3 for this one. Oliver and muirhead could drop in when we are defending if needed. 

No reason why we can't go up there and score a few goals but we really need to be defend better than we did against Dunfermline. 

I think we could sneak a win here. 1-0 ton.

Going to be a very close game this one a dont think theres going to be much between any of the teams in the league. As for the team lineup i think Ryan in for Moyo and McMann in for Callum Smith is a given the latter would be a good sub to bring on along with Temps if needed. Think Hughes is still caught up with Covid issues so it will need to be mimnaugh. As for the defence anybody but Ben Stirling please ta. Score prediction 2-1 Accies. Crowd 900 odd.

I've picked up a ticket for the away end, assuming there's no overzealous staggered entry times etc? Nothing on Hamilton's website or on the ticket or anything.
No but I'd recommend getting there earlier as for some unknown reason Accies only open one turnstile per stand.

Delighted to get an away day and delegating the ticket sales to Smiths made it as smooth as possible this morning. No idea why Smiths get so much stick given the shambolic club they're dealing with tbh. 

Both sides have reason to view this as a very winnable game, which will I think be the story pretty much every week this season. 

1-2 Morton. 

Well looks like Gus is not going to have any new players signed in time for tomorrow so I expect much the same team that drew with the Pars with maybe Mark Russell starting in place of McGregor. I don't think McLean will be ready as the recovery time for bad head knocks is more cautious these days.