Livingston vs Aberdeen

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Meh. I can see why you and others think that. I wasn’t on the pitch but I did run down to the barrier like a bit of a mad man. 

I think ‘pent up emotion’ that glass described is fairly accurate. You got the feeling in the stands going into the last 10 that if we scored something like that may happen. Folk were absolutely desperate for an old fashioned bounce. And why not eh?

Personally, it was a just a brilliant moment after the misery of streaming last season. I was absolutely buzzing for the rest of the night. 

The pitch invasion at Livingston has happened before pre-Covid. I remember it happening when Dean Campbell scored the winner when I think we came back from a goal down that day too.

Possibly something Livingston need to look at. I think it's also happened with the Sevco hordes too.

7 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The pitch invasion at Livingston has happened before pre-Covid. I remember it happening when Dean Campbell scored the winner when I think we came back from a goal down that day too.

Possibly something Livingston need to look at. I think it's also happened with the Sevco hordes too.

Aye. That was a between Xmas and new year game, big crowd with lots of booze taken in.

Its possibly unfair to lay blame with livi but thankfully stewarding was pretty lax yesterday. 

I say thankfully because almost no one was wearing a mask but they didn’t seem to care. 

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's their stadium and they're responsible for security...

"Yes officer, I know I'm not supposed to unlawfully access someone's property but they left that window completely unlocked!"

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye. That was a between Xmas and new year game, big crowd with lots of booze taken in.

Its possibly unfair to lay blame with livi but thankfully stewarding was pretty lax yesterday. 

I say thankfully because almost no one was wearing a mask but they didn’t seem to care. 

To clarify, I wasn't blaming Livingston but pitch invasions aren't only a possibility when the Dons come to town.

Yesterday's pitch invasion was harmless enough but maybe the next one will be  against another opponent and have more sinister undertones.

Therefore, if anyone needs to take action then it's Livingston, to get their house in order.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Thankfully most stadiums seem to be quite relaxed with the requirement to wear a mask.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

"Yes officer, I know I'm not supposed to unlawfully access someone's property but they left that window completely unlocked!"

Wasn't it in the 1970s/1980s  when Oldco used pitch invasions as a tactical ploy to stop matches that were running away from them on the pitch?

Unconnected to your phoenix club you support now but I'm just reminiscing...

17 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's their stadium and they're responsible for security...

I'm definitely going to have a bash at shoplifting and blame security if someone has a go

*I don't care about pitch invasions, tinpot as f**k in a standard league game you're expected to win, but can understand the emotion on this occasion 

Edited by LiviLion

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Wasn't it in the 1970s/1980s  when Oldco used pitch invasions as a tactical ploy to stop matches that were running away from them on the pitch?

Unconnected to your phoenix club you support now but I'm just reminiscing...

Objection, your honour - irrelevant to the matter at hand.

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

Anyone crying re the pitch invasion needs to give their heed a shake. Wet wipes.

I've already said before that I don't really have a problem with pitch invasions - it was more to do with the suggestion that Livi were at fault for it.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I've already said before that I don't really have a problem with pitch invasions

You must've been one of the few of the Union Jack persuasion that wasn't greeting when Hibs fans came onto the pitch after the 2016 Scottish Cup Final then?

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

You must've been one of the few of the Union Jack persuasion that wasn't greeting when Hibs fans came onto the pitch after the 2016 Scottish Cup Final then?

Did I like it? Of course not. Did I appreciate why they done it? Absolutely.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Did I like it? Of course not. Did I appreciate why they done it? Absolutely.

I remember when the Aberdeen supporter ran onto the pitch and tried to kick Andy Cameron? Did I like it? Of course not. Did I appreciate why he done it? Absolutely

Cameron.thumb.jpg.ed7bb5240e08325379b87d1121390d68.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I remember when the Aberdeen supporter ran onto the pitch and tried to kick Andy Cameron? Did I like it? Of course not. Did I appreciate why he done it? Absolutely

Cameron.thumb.jpg.ed7bb5240e08325379b87d1121390d68.jpg

If I remember correctly the Rangers fans booed the police for arresting the lad.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I did think the same regarding these three players; however playing JET as the lone striker in the first half didn't work as he tends to roam and drop deep.

I was just thinking how poor Jenks had been when he scored the equaliser. He's settling into a new club in a new league (for him) as a first team squad member for the first time in his career so patience required as he's not the finished article yet.

It's easy to write off McGinn as finished due to his age rather than just saying he didn't have a particularly effective game. The positive thing is we're not solely reliant on him producing the goods now, and I'm sure we'll see him play better and produce moments of magic as the season progresses.

Big Joe's performances are still slightly concerning. I'm not sure how Anderson managed to flick that ball backwards before Lewis reached it; however, he's proven himself to be a very good goalie in the past and we must believe he'll regain his form.

I suspect he reacted slightly late because the Livi guy was standing virtually on his toes when the ball came back in, and Joe thought it was bound to be flagged offside. 

I initially thought the goal was clownshoes defending, but actually it was a combination of bad luck and good reaction from (a marginally onside) Anderson.