Livingston vs Aberdeen

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

That is a shocker of a decision from our officials, yet there is no-one in the media that picked this up either. 

The Livi guy was clever enough to step away from the ball, giving the impression that he wasn't interfering with play, but the fact that he was there definitely blocked Joe's movement.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

That is a shocker of a decision from our officials, yet there is no-one in the media that picked this up either. 

That seems a bit hyperbolic.

It's one they could have given and maybe should have but there's many people including myself missed that infringement despite multiple replays on the telly etc. 

Getting offside calls right is hard enough when it's just player's positions to consider but this active/inactive or whatever it is now adds another level of difficulty. 

I did think the same player could also  have got penalised for holding Lewis when the initial cross came in. 

Lewis should have been battering the shite of him and flattening Anderson anyway. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

It's one they could have given and maybe should have but there's many people including myself missed that infringement despite multiple replays on the telly etc. 

Getting offside calls right is hard enough when it's just player's positions to consider but this active/inactive or whatever it is now adds another level of difficulty. 

I did think the same player could also  have got penalised for holding Lewis when the initial cross came in. 

Lewis should have been battering the shite of him and flattening Anderson anyway. 

You may have missed the infringement- but that’s not your job.

A linesman has ONE job.

How he missed that beggars belief, but then again, with the standard of Scottish officials as bad as it is, maybe it’s no surprise. 

EDIT - for the smart arse replies, when I said “a linesman has one job” I meant at that specific time when the ball was headed back in to the box 😊

Edited by Thenorthernlight

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Which bit? the infringement on Lewis, the offside (both clearly in view of the linesman) or the pundits with multiple camera angles and time that are employed to discuss contentious moments in games.

I don't think its an exaggeration to say any of those should have been flagged up by people employed to do just that.

47 minutes ago, coprolite said:

As right as this looks, I  doubt Joe would have had the time or momentum to flatten anything which is the point if the infringement in the first place.

Hardest game in the world goalkeeping.

Archie.png.795a1086c5ca4dc6921240cd9abec061.png

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

@aberdeen1970

For the love of Christ, if you're going to talk about me on the hat, at least get what I'm saying right. 

My overarching point about plastic pitches was that it ruins games. I do think it's a leveller for Livingston, to make their games competitive there, but they don't have the quality to make it count a fair amount of the time. 

All the best to you my man. 

"Enjoy your night", shirley?

4 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Which bit? the infringement on Lewis, the offside (both clearly in view of the linesman) or the pundits with multiple camera angles and time that are employed to discuss contentious moments in games.

I don't think its an exaggeration to say any of those should have been flagged up by people employed to do just that.

As right as this looks, I  doubt Joe would have had the time or momentum to flatten anything which is the point if the infringement in the first place.

Hardest game in the world goalkeeping.

Archie.png.795a1086c5ca4dc6921240cd9abec061.png

"Shocking decision" 

It's not a right decision, but it wasn't clear as day like, say, not booking sibbald. 

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

"Shocking decision" 

It's not a right decision, but it wasn't clear as day like, say, not booking sibbald. 

But it is clear as day(green). Caught ball watching imo (red) therefore a "Shocking decision" and equally as shocking* that it wasn't discussed post match by professional pundits.

E8Vf9HTXIAMA1Tn.jpg.4cca80a0e106daa9469ce73f3c425943.jpg

*not shocking

My favourite moment of the match, apart from the Aberdeen goals, was the look of incredulity on his face when Marvin “don’t touch me or I’ll fall over” Bartley was booked for hiding the ball behind his back as Aberdeen wanted to take a throw in. Someone needs to teach him the etiquette of being on the bench as a member of the coaching staff.

cFirst match since the hibees 3-1 pre-rona

What a fuckin bounce. It all felt a little bit surreal for me most of the game to be honest.  Pints before 12, magic colas for the walk to the ground, two pies, seeing pals Ive not seen since St Mirren away in the cup, Dandies being shite, then alright, then dead scrappy, then a flukey winner in the last seconds. A rollercoaster. All felt a little unreal. I ran down to the front but did not enter the field of play. Cant really blame anyone though. I wonder if theres something in the fact that you cant really do that at Pittodrie due to the layout of the stands/proximity to the pitch, that means our supporters sometimes get a bit over-exuberant? Maybe nothing in it. 

Lewis I thought played okay other than the goal. the livi boy was definitely offside, but Lewis should still have reacted quicker. Cant blame Anderson for giving it back to us a little. Still hope he does well for yous. 

Mcginn, hayes, JET, Jenks (goal aside) all pretty toothless up top. gurr is pretty solid defensively but Ramsay a cut above when he came on. Two peachy crosses within like a minute. Mackenzie a bit of a fighter, I like his style of play. The shot had  me groaning, but dead chuffed for the loon. Jenks goal was a better hit than I gave it credit for, keeper could do a bit better but the speed of the hit made it difficult for him. hopefully we can get some more out of him, hes the sort of player we need. 

Brooner very good when he came on. Considine and gallagher solid enough. Ramirez is very handsome and Ill sing his songs forevermore. 

Love to all the top reds and big dandies xxxx

2 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

But it is clear as day(green). Caught ball watching imo (red) therefore a "Shocking decision" and equally as shocking* that it wasn't discussed post match by professional pundits.

E8Vf9HTXIAMA1Tn.jpg.4cca80a0e106daa9469ce73f3c425943.jpg

*not shocking

His view looks unobstructed to me.

Header.PNG