Livingston vs Aberdeen

53 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Aberdeen’s record on artificial surfaces is really good… 

Unbeaten in their last 23 games on an artificial surface. Their last defeat on ‘plastic’ came on 28th February 2017 at Hamilton’s New Douglas Park. (17 Wins & 6 Draws)

Maybe they should consider laying it at Pittodrie. 

Lost the last time on a plastic pitch against BK Haken

42 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
54 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:
No, they train on what suits. Sometimes artificial sometimes not.
The difference at Almondvale is the fact its a fucking crap artificial pitch. Extremely poor quality, in no way conducive to good football.
Can't argue it.

And your formed this opinion from what data?

Professional footballers.

There was a survey conducted by the SPFA. 

90% said they were shite.

So in other words, the people who use them & know.

You’re welcome 

Some strong feelings of resentment on here from Aberdeen fans, which surprises me given that our recent record against the Dons is shit. The plastic pitch chat is extremely boring and strange to hear it described as a "leveller" given that we've picked up more points against Aberdeen at Pittodrie than we have at the TMA since coming back up... 

Anyway, I quite enjoyed the game today despite the horrific ending. Good just to be back. A draw would have been fair but Max Stryjek had other ideas. I do not miss JET one bit. Could do with Deccy back though because our defence is pish.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, TommyDickFingers said:

1582049963_ezgif.com-gif-maker(16).gif.91910ccb947d2937dd4fe9b8d0f44bc7.gif

That made me snort out loud..... the guy holds the gate open for a conga of pished up Reds 😆

Christian Ramirez is thinking that it was never like this in Houston...

Edited by Bob Mahelp

A long day with 4 buses to get to Livingston and back.

Thought we stunk the place out 1st half but thankfully sneaked a win.

Gurr really surprised me with his pace but still much prefer Ramsay at full back.

Was not at all impressed by Jenks despite his fine finish. JET was utterly awful and McGinn looks finished.

The fans shouldn't have run on the pitch but I understood it after nearly 18 months of no away days. They just went slightly OTT.

As for Bruce Anderson when did he turn into a diving little fanny? Don't remember him hitting the deck so often when he played for us.

Would not have won that if McInnes was still in charge. 

In Glass we trust

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

He simply doesn't sprint, it's remarkable. 

Great focal point, but a total passenger if you're trying a press. An enigma, he'll frustrate us like f**k at times, but he'll secure us wins as well.

Certainly an enigma - some times you'll think he's a donkey and then he comes out with a bit of exceptional skill. His understanding of the game was unfortunately streets ahead of some of our team towards the end of last season.

4 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

That's the world we live in at the moment, people simply enjoying themselves has become an issue of morality. 

Fair play to them, if I was there I'd have done it. 

Great to see scenes like that at the end after the last 18 months. 

3 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

A long day with 4 buses to get to Livingston and back.

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Well done for making it. 

Was good to start seeing supports back at live games.

Seconded, top effort. 

12 hours ago, resk said:

I think we've got grass and artificial training pitches at Kingsford, so I imagine the training prior to a match at Livi (or previously Killie or Accies) will be tailored to that.  Then probably train more on artificial pitches in winter for obvious reasons.  But aye your general point is valid IMHO.

I stuck up for Livi last season when some Dons fans were losing their shit over games getting postponed and I'm sticking with that position.  If the pitch is deemed to be acceptable by the league or whoever decides these things then so be it.  No point continually greeting about it.  

But it annoys folk and increases the match thread pages by maybe 50%...

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Paul Mitchell on Sportscene saying those scenes at the end were disgraceful. f**k off.

Maybe the scenes were "disgraceful" from a Covid control point of view but you'd really have to be made of stone to not understand it. Eighteen months of watching some cr@ppy locally produced stream.... hated the result but two hours plus quality time with my son; cant put a price on that.

Sore one for us, should've been out of sight at HT but even with Aberdeen putting more pressure on us 2nd half we still had a couple of good chances to score, really didn't deserve to lose, but Aberdeen do this to us a lot at the TMA. 

A lot better from us than in the cup games, which gives me hope of staying up, still need a lot of improving though, esp in front of goals, still dodgy bringing it out from the back too, luckily for us Aberdeen couldn't take advantage of Longridge's defending, blame it on the pitch if you will, but they were still a bit pish overhitting it in the final third.

The pitch invasion was a bit embarrassing, we all love a late winner, but ffs, 2nd game in and against Livi, last muppets to do that was Sevco fans, delirious to have beaten us after losing in their last game at the TMA. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Some amount of pant pishing on this thread regarding the merits of plastic pitches.

Fans of clubs who have one will always defend it, whilst everyone else will pretty much slate it.

If I were a Livingston fan, I'd be more uptight about the indiscipline in your team

Seven bookings in total yesterday and one of those already on a yellow extremely lucky not to be shown a second yellow and almost immediately taken off by Martindale. 

The example set by your coaching staff didn't exactly set a good example with two of them amongst the bookings. Over the course of the season this is going to cause your team significant problems I'd suggest, particularly as you don't have the biggest squad in the league.  

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The pitch invasion was a bit embarrassing, we all love a late winner, but ffs, 2nd game in and against Livi, last muppets to do that was Sevco fans, delirious to have beaten us after losing in their last game at the TMA. 

Meh. I can see why you and others think that. I wasn’t on the pitch but I did run down to the barrier like a bit of a mad man. 

I think ‘pent up emotion’ that glass described is fairly accurate. You got the feeling in the stands going into the last 10 that if we scored something like that may happen. Folk were absolutely desperate for an old fashioned bounce. And why not eh?

Personally, it was a just a brilliant moment after the misery of streaming last season. I was absolutely buzzing for the rest of the night. 

10 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Was not at all impressed by Jenks despite his fine finish. JET was utterly awful and McGinn looks finished.

I did think the same regarding these three players; however playing JET as the lone striker in the first half didn't work as he tends to roam and drop deep.

I was just thinking how poor Jenks had been when he scored the equaliser. He's settling into a new club in a new league (for him) as a first team squad member for the first time in his career so patience required as he's not the finished article yet.

It's easy to write off McGinn as finished due to his age rather than just saying he didn't have a particularly effective game. The positive thing is we're not solely reliant on him producing the goods now, and I'm sure we'll see him play better and produce moments of magic as the season progresses.

Big Joe's performances are still slightly concerning. I'm not sure how Anderson managed to flick that ball backwards before Lewis reached it; however, he's proven himself to be a very good goalie in the past and we must believe he'll regain his form.

Edited by Bogbrush1903