Livingston vs Aberdeen

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Clubs will still need to apply for attendances over 5,000 after Sunday.

West Lothian Council seem to give little fucks about Livingston FC though so probably just chucked the application straight in the bin, and will most likely continue to do so.

Ahh I see. Bit strange that it's carte blanche 5k when that would be a capacity (or over) crowd for many clubs. Surely a percentage would make more sense.

Anyway, I doubt you'd see a vast increase in away support contribution for this one given the train strike.

5 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Ahh I see. Bit strange that it's carte blanche 5k when that would be a capacity (or over) crowd for many clubs. Surely a percentage would make more sense.

Anyway, I doubt you'd see a vast increase in away support contribution for this one given the train strike.

It's far more important that rules, any rules, are imposed on football fans than having any reason or logic for them. 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's far more important that rules, any rules, are imposed on football fans than having any reason or logic for them. 

I'm expecting that all bars within a square mile will need to close down. Because covid.

10 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Clubs will still need to apply for attendances over 5,000 after Sunday.

West Lothian Council seem to give little fucks about Livingston FC though so probably just chucked the application straight in the bin, and will most likely continue to do so.

Am I right in thinking that WLC own the stadium? 

In which case it would surely be in their own interest to have as many through the gates as possible?

4 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Am I right in thinking that WLC own the stadium? 

In which case it would surely be in their own interest to have as many through the gates as possible?

They get rent paid on it, wont matter to them how many are attending, they'll get the same money. 

15 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Extra capacity request has been denied by the council. Fucking idiots. If the game was 1 day later we'd be able to go from 2,000>5,000. 

Yeah potentially losing the club 30K in tickets alone, after a season of having no fans it's good to see the Council gives a f**k. 

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Do they, not if they can sell the land off for a few quid they don't.

Also true. 

Would be quite the conspiratorial plot twist if the council tried to deliberately suppress the club's income to push them towards defaulting on rent, in order for them to realise the value of the land without the political fallout of simply not renewing the lease. 

Anyway, it's a poor show by your council and hope that it doesn't give Perth and Kinross any ideas about not allowing full capacity for our Galatasaray game on Thursday. 

I'll be the first to apologise on behalf of our support. Aberdeen in normal circumstances would have brought a healthy support down for this no argument. Weve earned the right to still be competing with our elders,although I don't know how long that will continue.The Council couldn't give a fech about us unfortunately. And most Livi fans know that.The die hard Faithfull will continue to turn up week in week out regardless of what happens off the field. Without patronising I envy the Don's support.Due to geographical situation we're in,would love to have even half of your support, but we never will.For us,continuing to punch above our weight will always be our aim.Ive a few Don's friends and they know what I mean.Would wish yous luck for the season,but not tomorrow.More in hope than anything.🦁🤞👍.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'm interested to see what side we put out today. 

In years gone by, this is around the point that the European games started to catch up with the team, and this season we've started with pretty much the same XI in the last 5 matches. 

Given that it's a plastic pitch, I wonder if Brown will be given a rest and we'll push McCrorie into midfield, with Gallagher and Andy in central defence. Possibly also McLennan starting ?

We don't have a lot of options in a paper thin squad, but there could be a bit of rotation today me thinks.