Dundee United v Sevco 7 August 2021

Aye Lundstram can get to f**k imo. Oddly looked alright in the Madrid game but has been diabolical in the past two, the basic stuff of actually tracking runners has me absolutley baffled how he's made it into our team when that's been a big strength of ours the past year or so. Kelly would give you more effort. 

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Rangers requested asterisks for celtic?

Covid or no Covid, Rangers would have still won the league. It could also be argued that if fans were in stadiums last season, celtic players would have been under more pressure from the shark brigade.

The fans most certainly did

It could also be argued you would have had a new manager in your dugout if covid hadn’t happened. 

The sense of injustice felt round that way allowed attention to be redirected away from Gerrard.

Proper sliding doors moment imo

Edited by Jinky67

Rangers certainly had an off day yesterday despite commanding over two thirds of the possession away from home. They also created enough opportunities to at least extend their unbeaten league run. United worked their socks off throughout though on the back of lacklustre performance at Pittodrie the previous week. That Rangers didn’t match their work rate across the park should be the worry for SG though going into Tuesday’s return leg against Malmö. Difficult to understand how a side can look so ‘leggy’ at this stage of the season.
Rangers were pretty much second to everything across the park, but all decent runs have to come to an end at some point. Perhaps this is just the kick up the arse some of his side need right now. Every single point has to be earned, they need to be reminded of that.
Conversely United were excellent yesterday, they battled for absolutely everything and moved forward with pace and purpose, they made Rangers look uncomfortable over several phases of the game. If this is how TC can set them up and play, the Tannadice fans have much to look forward to this season. Mulgrew, Edwards, Robson, Harkes & Pawlett were all excellent for me, Robson the standout, he never stopped.
On the goal itself, thought the surprisingly slow Lundstram could and should have cut across Robson but didn’t continue tracking as he burst through. The No4 slowed to a walk expecting Tavernier to pick up him up from behind the play. At the other end of the pitch, Mulgrew, I am certain would simply have checked him and perhaps accepted the free kick. The Rangers support must hope that given his reported wages, he isn’t just another EPL player heading north and expecting an easy ride ‘at this standard’.
Thought it was a fascinating contest throughout and great to have the season back. Our league may have its detractors but for me there isn’t much to match it in terms of honest energy and excitement.

23 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Aye Lundstram can get to f**k imo. Oddly looked alright in the Madrid game but has been diabolical in the past two, the basic stuff of actually tracking runners has me absolutley baffled how he's made it into our team when that's been a big strength of ours the past year or so. Kelly would give you more effort. 

Behave. You probably wanted Barisic and Tav punted after 5 games. 

39 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Rangers certainly had an off day yesterday despite commanding over two thirds of the possession away from home. They also created enough opportunities to at least extend their unbeaten league run. United worked their socks off throughout though on the back of lacklustre performance at Pittodrie the previous week. That Rangers didn’t match their work rate across the park should be the worry for SG though going into Tuesday’s return leg against Malmö. Difficult to understand how a side can look so ‘leggy’ at this stage of the season.
Rangers were pretty much second to everything across the park, but all decent runs have to come to an end at some point. Perhaps this is just the kick up the arse some of his side need right now. Every single point has to be earned, they need to be reminded of that.
Conversely United were excellent yesterday, they battled for absolutely everything and moved forward with pace and purpose, they made Rangers look uncomfortable over several phases of the game. If this is how TC can set them up and play, the Tannadice fans have much to look forward to this season. Mulgrew, Edwards, Robson, Harkes & Pawlett were all excellent for me, Robson the standout, he never stopped.
On the goal itself, thought the surprisingly slow Lundstram could and should have cut across Robson but didn’t continue tracking as he burst through. The No4 slowed to a walk expecting Tavernier to pick up him up from behind the play. At the other end of the pitch, Mulgrew, I am certain would simply have checked him and perhaps accepted the free kick. The Rangers support must hope that given his reported wages, he isn’t just another EPL player heading north and expecting an easy ride ‘at this standard’.
Thought it was a fascinating contest throughout and great to have the season back. Our league may have its detractors but for me there isn’t much to match it in terms of honest energy and excitement.

Very good summary of the match.

4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

We gonna talk about the blatant handball The Rangers got away BTW. 

Or is it just that common it sort of goes under the radar. 

The Goldson one? Never a handball mate. Right by his side.

9 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Didn’t see it, stonewaller, refs a cheat. 

34 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Behave. You probably wanted Barisic and Tav punted after 5 games. 

Can you remember Tavs first 5 games for us? He was phenomenal...

Barasic was a slow burner but I didn't want him punted at all. 

Lundstram has cost us 2 goals in 2 games. He could obviously improve but he's been shite so far and was shite last year, a definite downgrade. 

Kelly looked class in pre season imo. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

The fans most certainly did

It could also be argued you would have had a new manager in your dugout if covid hadn’t happened. 

The sense of injustice felt round that way allowed attention to be redirected away from Gerrard.

Proper sliding doors moment imo

Rangers fans wanted celtic to be given the title?

3 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Can you remember Tavs first 5 games for us? He was phenomenal...

Barasic was a slow burner but I didn't want him punted at all. 

Lundstram has cost us 2 goals in 2 games. He could obviously improve but he's been shite so far and was shite last year, a definite downgrade. 

Kelly looked class in pre season imo. 

Probably best for Lundstram if he's dropped and eased into games gradually to allow him to get to grips with the team and the pace of Scottish fitba.  Though plenty of players have had slow starts and turned it around, like you I've got my doubts about Lundstram. 

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Just the asterisk Benny, just the asterisk

If we wanted an asterisk then that would mean that we wanted celtic to be given the title.

Highly unlikely. 

Edited by bennett

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

If we wanted an asterisk then that would mean that we wanted celtic to be given the title.

Highly unlikely. 

That isn’t why they wanted it, they wanted it because they didn’t want Celtic to be given the title as they had some deluded notion they could claw it back and the fans ofc weren’t given the choice so the next best thing was to try and devalue it. But you already know this 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That isn’t why they wanted it, they wanted it because they didn’t want Celtic to be given the title as they had some deluded notion they could claw it back and the fans ofc weren’t given the choice so the next best thing was to try and devalue it. But you already know this 

Asterisks aside, I've no petty agenda to follow here but do you sincerely rate that seasons title as equal to the others or do you yourself view it with a twinge of acknowledged abnormality?

53 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Not a penalty, not even close.

9 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Asterisks aside, I've no petty agenda to follow here but do you sincerely rate that seasons title as equal to the others or do you yourself view it with a twinge of acknowledged abnormality?

of course it was abnormal, everything about life at that time was abnormal.

I’d have much rather seen the season conclude normally as Rangers form was dreadful and i think we were unbeaten since the New Year’s day loss so if allowed to carry on i believe we would have won the league by a larger margin than we did and with that i think Gerrard would have seen the door as an added bonus.

But the circumstances weren’t ours to control so why shouldn’t it hold less value? We were still by far the best team in the league over the period 

Edited by Jinky67

55 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Is this serious?

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

of course it was abnormal, everything about life at that time was abnormal.

I’d have much rather seen the season conclude normally as Rangers form was dreadful and i think we were unbeaten since the New Year’s day loss so if allowed to carry on i believe we would have won the league by a larger margin than we did and with that i think Gerrard would have seen the door as an added bonus.

But the circumstances weren’t ours to control so why shouldn’t it hold less value? We were still by far the best team in the league over the period 

Appreciate the answer even if it's a complete red neck of a post filled with bait. 

19 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Appreciate the answer even if it's a complete red neck of a post filled with bait. 

Judging by your rep I’ll guess I’ll need to concede that you are much more qualified to judge what qualifies as a red neck of a post