Dundee United v Sevco 7 August 2021

8 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Celtic were such an unadulterated shambles last season, even with crowds it's almost impossible to imagine that Rangers wouldn't have finished ahead of them.

It's not like Celtic fans to blame external factors for their club's own failings, though

It would have been far more poisonous for them if the fans were inside the ground throwing sharks, having crowds would have affected both equally last season.

4 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

I was very frustrated but still wanted to stick with him. 

We had 1 game in hand and 2 games left to play against celtc so potentially could have narrowed the gap to 4 points with 4 or 5 games left to play.

The team was getting booed off the pitch though, I think it's fair enough to say that if we had lost the old Firms and our game in hand there would have been a sizeable portion of the fanbase calling for his head but I probably would say the majority could see the progress and were settled on the fact we weren't going into the 10 in a row season with a new manager. 

There was a far bigger chance of Gerrard being sacked than the Rangers ever winning the league that season imo. 

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

There was a far bigger chance of Gerrard being sacked than the Rangers ever winning the league that season imo. 

I disagree. There might have been more chance of some of the fans turning on him but I don't think the board were ever going to sack him going into the 10IAR season, he might have walked but I don't think that would have been too likely. I wouldn't have been surprised if we had won the Old Firms but lost the game in hand or something like that. 

1 hour ago, TheJTS98 said:

Are we going to add a new myth to Scottish fitba here?

Seen it in a couple of places now.

I hate Rangers as much as the next normal human being, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that a team that won the league by about November and didn't lose a game owe it all to the covid.

I have no doubt this will be the Celtic narrative foreverandeverandeverandever. But the rest of us can surely leave it alone.

As Lawwell said at the time, Covid affected celtic more than anyone else.

They just can't admit that they lost the league fairly.

37 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Celtics problems last season were all self inflicted, think every fan on here, bar Willie, said as much on many occasions. 

I don't Blame or point the finger at  individuals that's the difference with all the moving parts of a football club, whether your own expectations have been disappointing.

37 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Where is @wastecoatwilly ? And our favourite Shakespeare character, @Romeo ?

All joking aside, I hope they're o.k.

Cheers for the concern I'm good I hope Romeo is too.

36 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Had to double check to make sure this was the United vs Sevco match thread. Nobody gives a f**k about Celtic and their hilarious capitulation last season so id prefer we get back to laughing at that mob from Govan 👍🏻

Its like shite and flies, can't have one without the other unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I don't Blame or point the finger at  individuals that's the difference with all the moving parts of a football club, whether your own expectations have been disappointing.

Cheers for the concern I'm good I hope Romeo is too.

You've been listening to too much Tam Courts...

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

Bit ironic considering the requests for asterisks etc for Celtic from the season before. 

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

We’re talking about whether Gerrard was close to leaving rangers before COVID struck, where is anyone saying Celtic would’ve won the league? We were awful last season. 

39 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

I disagree. There might have been more chance of some of the fans turning on him but I don't think the board were ever going to sack him going into the 10IAR season, he might have walked but I don't think that would have been too likely. I wouldn't have been surprised if we had won the Old Firms but lost the game in hand or something like that. 

Fair enough, at the time of the Hamilton defeat and more or less saying goodbye to any chance of catching Celtic there were more than a few rangers fans turning on him but they may have been in the minority, these fools tend to speak the loudest. 

1 hour ago, TheJTS98 said:

Nah, it's just wrong.

Rangers had been in the last sixteen of the Europa League, and a League Cup final that everyone acknowledged they were (hilariously) robbed in.

They'd won at Celtic Park and, while still a bit off it, were clearly closing the gap on Celtic.

The idea he was on the verge of the bullet and all of this is some kind of covid-inspired lucky break is preposterous.

Like I said, it'll be the view Celtic fans take into the future, so we might as well all get used to ridiculing it.

Had the gap really closed? They were 9 points behind in 18/19. 10 points behind in 19/20 assuming they won the game in hand which was far from a guarantee considering their firm was in freefall.

There is a perfectly valid argument to suggest the gap hadn’t closed at all based on that.

I’m very much of the view that if that season had been allowed to conclude naturally we would have increased the points gap and i’m not convinced Gerrard would have survived that.

So while Rangers and empty stadiums may not be the reason they done so well, the season ending early the season before which they all complained about ironically may have been the thing that helped galvanise them and kept their manager in a job

Edited by Jinky67

55 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Had to double check to make sure this was the United vs Sevco match thread. Nobody gives a f**k about Celtic and their hilarious capitulation last season so id prefer we get back to laughing at that mob from Govan 👍🏻

Pretty sure it was a hearts fans that put the subject on here for discussion. 

48 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Thats fair enough, like I said earlier I don’t believe he would have been sacked because of his European exploits anyway. Tbh Im needlessly replying to this to wind up the Dundee Utd fans shamelessly looking for more pats on the back.

10 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Do Rangers fans think the alleged 28 grand a week for Lundstram is accurate? I know he’s came straight from the Premier League but, if true, that’s crazy money for a player of that standard. How long until Ryan Jack returns from his injury? 

Some Blades fans take on it. 

https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/lundstram.87037/page-4

Edited by Drew Brees

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Bit ironic considering the requests for asterisks etc for Celtic from the season before. 

Rangers requested asterisks for celtic?

Covid or no Covid, Rangers would have still won the league. It could also be argued that if fans were in stadiums last season, celtic players would have been under more pressure from the shark brigade.