Rank the Goalkeepers

Just now, Munoz said:

Have you seen much of Alnwick's performances over the past year?

Just Sportscene highlights so will bow down to other opinions admittedly.

I've just got this very weird hang up with weirdly shaped keepers and I think that explains my dislike for Alnwick, Kelly and infamously for me, Kevin Cuthbert & Craig Hinchcliffe.

34 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Top 5 probably has to be (in no order) 

Siegrist
McGregor
Alnwick
Kelly
Stryjek

No Gordon in the top 5 goalies in the league 😂

He was making great saves nearly every week last season, so the level of opposition doesn't come into it.

He also pretty much won us the semi against Hibs last year and got us all 3 points on Saturday. He's quite simply a sensational shot stopper that rarely makes a mistake, and that's not really changed.

Edited by Tony Wonder

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

His sexual assault allegations? 

Categorically not that. He had the nickname shagger well before any allegations due to his image of being a bit of a womaniser and getting caught cheating on his ex Mrs.

9 hours ago, Munoz said:

Have you seen much of Alnwick's performances over the past year?

Losing Hladky, who was an excellent 'keeper, was a huge blow to us.

However, it speaks volumes for Alnwick's abilities, that Hladky has all but been forgotten about, as Alnwick is as good as, if not better than Hladky.

Over the past few years Lewis and McGregor stand out, although Lewis had some absolute howlers last year.

IMO Kelly, Siegrist and Alnwick are of a similar standard.

Gordon is a very good 'keeper, but since he was down with the diddies last season, we can wait and see how he performs against better quality of teams.

34 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Losing Hladky, who was an excellent 'keeper, was a huge blow to us.

However, it speaks volumes for Alnwick's abilities, that Hladky has all but been forgotten about, as Alnwick is as good as, if not better than Hladky.

Over the past few years Lewis and McGregor stand out, although Lewis had some absolute howlers last year.

IMO Kelly, Siegrist and Alnwick are of a similar standard.

Gordon is a very good 'keeper, but since he was down with the diddies last season, we can wait and see how he performs against better quality of teams.

Alnwick's second save in this montage is as good as it gets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/58051395

Yeah Alnwick is most definitely a terrific shot stopper and a very good goalkeeper. He is prone to the odd moment though, where you’re asking if he could of done better. Definitely think he’s a better keeper than Stryjek and probably on par with Kelly. Siegrest is better than both however. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

As @Genuine Hibs Fan alludes to, how comfortable are you referring to a man accused of all the above as ‘shagger’? 

I tend to refer to him as Greegsy but I also use shagger to be fair. It’s not something I’d given too much thought to as it’s been something he’s been referred to for a long time. He was cleared regarding the sexual assault allegations so it’s not something that plays too heavily on my conscience.

That’s not to say I am playing down sexual assault whatsoever, just of the opinion if he has been cleared of wrong doing then why should it change anything?

Gordon is comfortably in the top 2 and it's not even close. The ball isn't a different size and the goals aren't smaller in the lower leagues, his performances there can quite obviously be taken into account. Laughable to suggest that the likes of Stryjek and Kelly are anywhere near him.