The Tam Courts Talking Shite Thread 21/22

In Courts’s pre match interview today he was talking about someone’s return from injury (Siegrist perhaps?) and said  that having him back was “good for the environment”. I’m sure he meant the player in question was a good guy to have about the place but his choice of words made it sound like having the guy back single handedly made the club carbon neutral. Richard Gordon and Michael Stewart had a good chuckle about it afterwards. 

1 minute ago, Junior_Arab said:

In Courts’s pre match interview today he was talking about someone’s return from injury (Siegrist perhaps?) and said  that having him back was “good for the environment”. I’m sure he meant the player in question was a good guy to have about the place but his choice of words made it sound like having the guy back single handedly made the club carbon neutral. Richard Gordon and Michael Stewart had a good chuckle about it afterwards. 

:lol:

On 20/08/2021 at 12:30, Dee Man said:

Quick quiz time

When asked about the player Dundee Utd are attempting to get on loan from Manchester Utd, did Tam Courts say:

a) "He's a fantastic young prospect with massive potential who we are excited about potentially adding to our squad".

Or

b) “But because the dialogue and belief in the player is strong, we’ve remained on course.”

“It’s nice to almost have a live case study and we look forward to giving him a good experience.”

Answers on a postcard to the usual address. 

Trick question, he actually said c):

"Recruitment is obviously one of my core competencies. It's critically important that we undergo a paradigm shift in the way that we approach recruitment at Dundee Utd by leveraging the global name of our brand. This signing is just the start of that process and it's exciting to see the new found synergy between two giants of football."

Suspect it's something that'll be endearing if he's a success, and infuriating if he's a failure.

Don't know how to word this, but wonder if he just subconsciously doesn't believe he deserves to be a top flight manager? So hes trying to make himself sound more intelligent in interviews.

Zero idea if he was the same when in charge of Kelty.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suspect it's something that'll be endearing if he's a success, and infuriating if he's a failure.

Don't know how to word this, but wonder if he just subconsciously doesn't believe he deserves to be a top flight manager? So hes trying to make himself sound more intelligent in interviews.

Zero idea if he was the same when in charge of Kelty.

I'm sure there was a boy on here who said they used to work with him (outisde of football) and he was coming out with all that shite then as well. 

I reckon he's just a moron, tbh.

4 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I'm sure there was a boy on here who said they used to work with him (outisde of football) and he was coming out with all that shite then as well. 

We can’t all have managers that are intellectual colossus’s like James McPake.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure which sounds worse - the Tam Courts word salad or Martindale at Livvy who makes zero effort to cover up his jakeyness and sound remotely professional:

”Wee Brucie has been taken to hospital," Martindale revealed.

“ I feel sorry for the boys," Martindale said. "Max and Fitzy were spewing up in the toilets at half-time.”

6 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

A well paid bullshit spouting moron who substitutes buzz phrases and nonsensical strings of long, multisyllabic words instead of actually being capable of doing the job in hand.

Not sure which sounds worse - the Tam Courts word salad or Martindale at Livvy who makes zero effort to cover up his jakeyness and sound remotely professional:

“ I feel sorry for the boys," Martindale said. "Max and Fitzy were spewing up in the toilets at half-time.”

Tbf to Martindale, there's little that could be done to sugarcoat what happened. But I take the overall point

17 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

It may well have been Mark Connolly. Often we'd be as well planting a tree on the pitch instead of picking him.

1 hour ago, Junior_Arab said:

Using the words "wee" and "spewing" = jakeyness.

What a snobby wee c**t you are.

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Saw another ex-colleague say he was a total chancer known around the business as “Del Boy”

• 2 weeks later...