Explain your profile picture

Lofarl

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I was massively into the Moomins as a child, was my first username on here but the less said about that the better. Only recently realised I could change it back when talking about something else to do with stealing usernames.

Glad the Moomin is back.

Moomin is antifa

IMG_20210731_113238.thumb.jpg.d26d0f88493943dfd88d84cf8ed6b7bb.jpg

3 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

My first profile pictures were just various pictures of Scottish Cup hero Liam Henderson. I then graduated to using pictures of various left wing poitical figures.

I've now changed my user name to different characters from The Wire television series. Season 2's representative is Francis 'Frank' Sobotka played by the actor Chris Bauer. He is a Polish-American Treasurer/Secretary of the Baltimore branch of the International Brotherhood of Stevedores Union.

Were you previously "Henderson to deliver..." or something like that? 

I feel username changes are quite confusing for me, hard to keep track of who someone was before and if I enjoy their content or not. If people could stop doing it please, that would be lovely. 

8 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Were you previously "Henderson to deliver..." or something like that? 

I feel username changes are quite confusing for me, hard to keep track of who someone was before and if I enjoy their content or not. If people could stop doing it please, that would be lovely. 

Yeah.

Apologies for the confusion.

Most folk realise it's me due the high quality of posting tbh.

Roger Mellie, the man on the telly from Viz. 

I got a ticking off for a piece of dark humour regarding Edinburgh City from the board, was pissed off about it, and adopted the avatar. I haven't changed it because I like it and, well, bollocks. 

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure what that means, but here's the actor in the film.

e2e0d83c5d36160db456e2350ddfeb53.png

And here's a bit about the film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_(2014_film)

Oh f**k, maybe he shaved off his moustache for that bit. Anyway, pretty sure it's Paddy Considine.

P.S. Wrong film, it's Hot Fuzz

ec69794c3a315f0cb462aa307da74985.gif

Havent seen it but tbf i like paddy considine, dead mans shoes was a really good film. There was another of his that i left on to watch late at night a few months ago where he plays a boxer that gets brain damaged, pretty uneventful but still a strangely comfy film to watch.

6 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Havent seen it but tbf i like paddy considine, dead mans shoes was a really good film. There was another of his that i left on to watch late at night a few months ago where he plays a boxer that gets brain damaged, pretty uneventful but still a strangely comfy film to watch.

Pride is quite fun, like an Ealing comedy.

It's a selfie.  I have no flesh or eyeballs and like to wander the streets of Dumfries with a knife between my teeth taunting passing motorists and community enforcement officers.

Or maybe it's the cover art from Paisley's finest jangle-popsters Close Lobsters' "Post Neo Anti" album... I can't remember which now.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

I used to work in agriculture, and my avatar is a fantastically bad tempered ram I found living on a croft that's called, genuinely, Grumpy Gordon.

You lived on a croft called Grumpy Gordon?!  How bizarre...

Edited by Slipmat

2 hours ago, Lofarl said:

There’s something about @LincolnHeartsavatar I don’t like.  The guy looks Australian and therefore an arsehole.  Who is it?  The guy himself is a reasonable enough poster. Also @TheJTS98 having a messed up avatar really gets on my tits.  Or is that just on my end?

Strewth, it's Alf from Home & Away.

Sure I used it because of the Aussie Daily quiz.

Mine is Kenny fucking Powers purely because I rewatched EB&D recently, duscussed it with some fellow Kenny fucking Powers aficianados on here, and felt a tribue was in order.

Previous to that it was Napoleon, owing to some chat about a potential alias named Napoleonardo.